DISNEY DREAM 5-nights May 29th, 2011

To our Dis friends,

We have a horrible situation going on here in St. Louis and have had to cancel our cruise. Hopefully we will be able to rebook with Disney for another trip and not lose all of our money on it.

My DS Stephen rode his new bike down a hill and went way too fast and couldn't stop in time and crashed. He ended up smashing a section of his spleen and is in the hospital waiting to find out if he needs surgery or just bed rest for the next eight weeks or so. Out of all the needles for blood tests, nursing student mistakes, and the misplacing of his catheter...the most painful part of the night for him was when mommy had to tell him that he was not going to meet Mickey Mouse this week after all.

We wish you all a most joyous cruise. Keep us in your prayers.

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen

To our Dis friends,

We have a horrible situation going on here in St. Louis and have had to cancel our cruise. Hopefully we will be able to rebook with Disney for another trip and not lose all of our money on it.

My DS Stephen rode his new bike down a hill and went way too fast and couldn't stop in time and crashed. He ended up smashing a section of his spleen and is in the hospital waiting to find out if he needs surgery or just bed rest for the next eight weeks or so. Out of all the needles for blood tests, nursing student mistakes, and the misplacing of his catheter...the most painful part of the night for him was when mommy had to tell him that he was not going to meet Mickey Mouse this week after all.

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen

I'm really sorry to hear that. We will be thinking about Stephen and wish him well.

-Virginia

Oh bill that is terrible!!!! I hope all gets healed quickly...poor baby!
I'd like to send him something from the trip or a postcard or something... Could u pm your addy to me? If so, would u mind if I share it with others who might want to do the same? Maybe it will keep his spirits up during recovery :(

Keep us posted!

To our Dis friends,

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen
Oh that poor boy! How frightening and heartbreaking!!! His recovery is far more important than any vacation! I had a similar incident happen to me when I was a child (hit by a car with a very damaged spleen) and it 'fixed itself' so I'm hoping that's the case for your little boy!!! Please keep us posted! Prayers for a fast recovery!! :hug:

OMG, Bill!!!!! What awful news! Prayers for all of you and most especially for Stephen the Brave! Hoping for the best (no surgery) and that you can all come through the healing period with most of your hair intact. I don't envy you trying to keep a 5 year old down for 8 weeks.

Oh Callie, what a GORGEOUS wedding picture!!! I'm loving your dress and all the embroidery. Hoping we can see more pix soon!

Prayers for all of those living and/or working in the areas affected by and facing severe weather. I can't believe the horrible destruction and loss of life I've been seeing on the news. And here we are worrying and arguing over what to pack.....definitely counting my blessings.

Oh bill that is terrible!!!! I hope all gets healed quickly...poor baby!
I'd like to send him something from the trip or a postcard or something... Could u pm your addy to me? If so, would u mind if I share it with others who might want to do the same? Maybe it will keep his spirits up during recovery :(

Keep us posted!

That's a great idea. A post card from Mickey for a speedy recovery would be great.

To our Dis friends,

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen

Bill,

So sorry about your son. There will always be another cruise. Hope he recovers fast.

Keep us posted!

Count me in on that!! Super idea!!

I think I've found our theme song!! Leaving out the parts that don't apply.....

Gonna put the the world away for a minute
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away

......Now I'm lost in the world trying to find me a better way

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise

Wrote a note said be back in a minute
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybody gonna miss me anyway

Mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishing my condition ain't ever gonna go away

Cause now im knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair
Never been so happy
Never felt so high

This champagne shore washing over me
It's a sweet sweet life living by the salty sea
One day you could be as lost as me
Change you're geography
Maybe you might be

Knee deep in the water somewhere
Never been so happy
Never felt so high

Come on in the water it's nice
Find yourself a little slice
You never know until you try
When you lose yourself
You find the key to paradise

Can you tell I'm just not into working today? :)

I think I've found our theme song!! Leaving out the parts that don't apply.....

Gonna put the the world away for a minute
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away

......Now I'm lost in the world trying to find me a better way

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair
Never been so happy
Never felt so high

Wrote a note said be back in a minute
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybody gonna miss me anyway

Mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishing my condition ain't ever gonna go away

Cause now im knee deep in the water somewhere
Never been so happy
Never felt so high

This champagne shore washing over me
It's a sweet sweet life living by the salty sea
One day you could be as lost as me
Change you're geography
Maybe you might be

Knee deep in the water somewhere
Never been so happy
Never felt so high

Come on in the water it's nice
Find yourself a little slice
You never know until you try
When you lose yourself
You find the key to paradise

Beth ---- you are soooo right --- have been singing that song ---along with Where the Boat Leaves From ---- definitely my own kind of paradise

My only worry is the tide gonna reach my chair--- aahhhhh

Kathleen

We are in too -- maybe we could pack a little box for him-- with a message from Mickey - sure the staff could help with that. Let me know what we can do---

To our Dis friends,

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen

So sorry too hear this...Would he happen too be at Childrens hospital in St.Louis?? That is where I work for Wash U Physicians. We are a level 1 trauma center?
I know how horrible accidents can change everything...In 2007 we had a huge family vacation too the beach planned. A huge beach house with 16 of us and the week before my Dad was thrown from a horse and ended up in the ICU with a brain injury and fractured skull..:sad2: So everything had too be changed and somehow it all worked out a few months later..So hang in there and I am sure DCL will work with you..We will keep you in our prayers...
If he is at Childrens I can come by and say hey if you want???:angel:

Take care,
Michelle

To our Dis friends,

Thanks,

Bill, Carol, and Stephen

Bill, Carol and Stephen, Will keep all of you in my prayers - and Stephen listen to those doctors and nurses so you can meet Mickey soon. Please keep us posted on his progress -- best wishes for a speedy recovery, Kathleen

The first official fight about packing the suitcases has occured (and I'm still PEEVED about it.....)

I have FOUR people. How the hell he thinks we can manage with TWO 'large' suitcases is beyond me. That only includes clothes, because apparently we don't "need" to bring anything else. No hairdryer, no toiletries - maybe he can brush his damn teeth with SEAWEED but I WONT. We HAVE brand new luggage - enough for what we need but NO - he has to give the 2nd largest bag to his mother. His same mother that when I said "let's buy OUR parents all suitcases for Christmas HE didn't think it was necessary. We bought my mom a set. She's not calling us telling us she's out of room and needs a bigger suitcase.
WHERE the HELL am I supposed to put the FE gifts, the tylenol and toothpaste- and apparently I don't need ANY make up or medications.... What about the kids DSi's, autograph books, the FE and pillow cases?????? Bet he'll find room for HIS new camera though!!!!!

We do have one very large suitcase in the basement- it's the biggest we have and I can probably fit both kids AND my clothes in that ONE but NOOOOOO...... he won't "lug" that big thing around. Seriously??? Because the only lugging YOU are doing is to the car and then into the van that is picking us up. Disney and the Airline is lugging it the rest of the time. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FIVE DAYS until I TOSS MY HUSBAND OVER THE SIDE OF THE SHIP...................

Try and calm down...It is not worth throwing him over the ship..:rotfl2:

It will all work out somehow..Just tell him you need the BIG suitcase..bottom line:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sometimes I am glad I am not taking a man with me on this trip.....:rolleyes1

I will miss him, but also it will be nice too just do things my way and on my own time.....:banana:

Here is the sneak peek I got from my photographers, so here is the sneak peek you get. ;)
WEDDING.jpg

What a stunning picture Callie :goodvibes !

Bill, I am so sorry to hear about your DS's accident :sad1: . My DS and I are wishing him a speedy and full recovery. We would be willing to send a postcard as well as our FE gift if you'd like to share your address.

Packing is done except for things like toothbrushes that will need to go in after we use them Saturday morning. I just have to double check the weights and hope neither of our bags are over 50 lbs. Although, it does irritate me that the airline is going to charge me for both of our bags anyways and then extra if they are over 50 lbs :headache: .

Keeping Bill and his family as well as everyone in the tornado affected areas in our thoughts :hug: .

Time has definitely started to drag around here, I'm trying to find something to keep myself occupied at work for the next few days, but I can't find anything other than the boards and I think I've read every new thread at least twice! I've moved on to trip reports, hopefully that help for the rest of today at least!

- Bree

hey gang,
looks like there are going to be some big storms in our area this afternoon, evening on over into missouri too. If you could toss some pixie dust, say a prayer, cross a toe, or whatever it is you do to spread good weather wishes someone's way, I'd appreciate it! So NOT interested in severe weather! Today is DD7's last day of school (which she is, oddly, very sad about), and she'll be ticked off if I go pick her up early because there's a big severe storm moving in on the radar! :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

:love: my disfriends!

Surely KS & MO has to miss SOME of this weather! Maybe they will be wrong today. Stay safe :littleangel:

The first official fight about packing the suitcases has occured (and I'm still PEEVED about it.....)

I have FOUR people. How the hell he thinks we can manage with TWO 'large' suitcases is beyond me. That only includes clothes, because apparently we don't "need" to bring anything else. No hairdryer, no toiletries - maybe he can brush his damn teeth with SEAWEED but I WONT. We HAVE brand new luggage - enough for what we need but NO - he has to give the 2nd largest bag to his mother. His same mother that when I said "let's buy OUR parents all suitcases for Christmas HE didn't think it was necessary. We bought my mom a set. She's not calling us telling us she's out of room and needs a bigger suitcase.
WHERE the HELL am I supposed to put the FE gifts, the tylenol and toothpaste- and apparently I don't need ANY make up or medications.... What about the kids DSi's, autograph books, the FE and pillow cases?????? Bet he'll find room for HIS new camera though!!!!!

We do have one very large suitcase in the basement- it's the biggest we have and I can probably fit both kids AND my clothes in that ONE but NOOOOOO...... he won't "lug" that big thing around. Seriously??? Because the only lugging YOU are doing is to the car and then into the van that is picking us up. Disney and the Airline is lugging it the rest of the time. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FIVE DAYS until I TOSS MY HUSBAND OVER THE SIDE OF THE SHIP...................

DON"T DO THAT! You would have to lug the suitcases off the ship by yourself! :laughing:

Hey Gang!

I'm so sad for little stephen the brave. And for mommy and daddy too! What a bummer!

I'd like to go ahead and collect their FE gifts for them while we are on the ship. My inlaws are sailing in room 9526 and have agreed to hang an FE on their door to collect Stephen the Brave's little gifts! (They were not participating in the FE in general). If you would like to still drop FE stuff for this family, please leave it at 9526 (right next door to me) and we will bring it all home and ship it to them. I know I'd sure appreciate the pixie dust and package if it were us.

I would like to see if anyone would volunteer to help me out in that if it is too much stuff for me to drag home (with all our stuff!), I'm looking for a person or two who would split the load with me, take some of it home, and ship from your place too. If you're willing to help out, please let me know and I'll make note to get in touch with you on the ship if I need to!

And... if you have an extra magnet or little touch of something that you'd like to leave for my inlaws for helping us out, feel free to leave that for Anne and Gary :)

I have Maxxumusers address if you want to PM me for it should you wish to send a postcard or something.

Let's spread the love. This is what disney magic and dis-friends are really all about, right? :love::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter