DISNEY DREAM 5-nights May 29th, 2011

Hey everyone.

So I am back from my weekend away! It was amazing. On Saturday we got up ate, showered, then went to play mini-golf.:lovestruc I won in my group and I think over all. There was 10 of us all together. Then we went shopping at the shops and had some lunch. We went to see Bridesmaids and really enjoyed it. We were lucky to have ok weather. It rained a little when we were at the movie but other than that it was just over cast and a bit chilly. We did have a wicked thunderstorm Saturday night.
After we saw the movie we went back to our hotel room to get ready for the night. We went to a place called Joe Pop's to have dinner, drinks, & dance. There was a band that was playing cover songs and it was great! :thumbsup2 We were pretty much the only people all the dance floor all night. It is not beach season yet so there was not many people on the island. We danced the night away and hung out with the band still we got kicked out. :laughing:
Today some of the girls left and 4 of us drove up to the light house and climbed to the top.
It was a great time. My girls did a great job and I could not have asked for a better bachlorette party. :grouphug:
PICTURES!!!
bride.jpg

beach.jpg

lighthouse.jpg

Hey everyone.

So I am back from my weekend away! It was amazing. On Saturday we got up ate, showered, then went to play mini-golf.:lovestruc I won in my group and I think over all. There was 10 of us all together. Then we went shopping at the shops and had some lunch. We went to see Bridesmaids and really enjoyed it. We were lucky to have ok weather. It rained a little when we were at the movie but other than that it was just over cast and a bit chilly. We did have a wicked thunderstorm Saturday night.
After we saw the movie we went back to our hotel room to get ready for the night. We went to a place called Joe Pop's to have dinner, drinks, & dance. There was a band that was playing cover songs and it was great! :thumbsup2 We were pretty much the only people all the dance floor all night. It is not beach season yet so there was not many people on the island. We danced the night away and hung out with the band still we got kicked out. :laughing:
Today some of the girls left and 4 of us drove up to the light house and climbed to the top.
It was a great time. My girls did a great job and I could not have asked for a better bachlorette party. :grouphug:
PICTURES!!!
bride.jpg

beach.jpg

lighthouse.jpg

Glad you had a great time! Sounds like lots of planning went into it to be sure you will remember it forever. Hope everything continues to go as well straight on thru the wedding and honeymoon!:goodvibes

Good Morning

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had crappy weather all weekend and they are calling for rain the next 7 days. :eek: So much for getting a little sun on this pasty white boy before the cruise.

Good Morning

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had crappy weather all weekend and they are calling for rain the next 7 days. :eek: So much for getting a little sun on this pasty white boy before the cruise.

The high here was about 58 degrees all weekend and it was cloudy and windy. Maybe we are all getting this depressing weather so we will appreciate the beautiful weather at CC when we get there in ONLY 2 WEEKS!!! :banana:

The high here was about 58 degrees all weekend and it was cloudy and windy. Maybe we are all getting this depressing weather so we will appreciate the beautiful weather at CC when we get there in ONLY 2 WEEKS!!! :banana:

Rain and thunderstorms here yesterday and supposed to be rain on and off all week until Saturday. ]YucK! Not good motorcycle weather either. Trying to save gas by riding the bike as much as possible. This weather is making it impossible.:mad:

NEED SOME WARM DRY WEATHER! Can't wait to get on vacation. Hopefully the Captain can keep us away from any storms.

I know...Wasn't it a horrible weekend...:sad2:
I even built us a fire yesterday too take the chill off the house...Who whould have thought mid May I would have a fire and be in flannel PJ pants:confused3

I did get some shopping and packing done..Looks like we are rain free for the rest of the week.

Hey everyone.

PICTURES!!!
bride.jpg

beach.jpg

lighthouse.jpg

You look radiant!!!!

two weeks from today, my friends... sand in our toes, relaxation in our souls, friends and family by our sides in paradise....

2007 Castaway Cay, Bahamas by scmikeburton, on Flickr

Castaway Cay Nov 2010 - 15 by lemoncat1, on Flickr

Castaway Cay by candisfl, on Flickr

Sigh.... Totally thinking about CC right now...

Most of my pages have a little bit of "fuzz" on them. I printed my journal at home first to get an idea of quality and I never could get a true crisp page. The blurb site kept warning me of low resolution but the book actually looked better than I thought it would. My book was also printed at 8x10 size which I think helped.

mine too. they are a little fuzzy for me. but it's just a journal, not a photo book, so i just went with it.
Thanks to both of you for your help! I think I can, I think I can I think I can (once I buy thirts this week).:laundy:

You can do it!!!! It's super easy and you're gonna get hooked!

Is there a document I can print out of the final FE list? I went to the link and the photobucket picture is too blurry.
Thanks!!!!
Just PM me your email address and I send it to you.

-Virginia

Angie - Love. The. Cake! You know, we do have a couple of birthday girls on the cruise... ;)

Congratulations to all of our graduates, our bride to be, and our first communion boy (super cute pic, btw :goodvibes ) !

Nice to meet you, "Chuck's other half" :wave2: !

Sorry I've been kind of MIA - I'm not getting notifications for some reason and with all of the things flying around in my head at any given time, I forget to come over here and catch up with everyone. I did write myself a sticky note today though, and here I am :cool1: ! Evidently, that's the only way I can get anything done - write a sticky note!

I've been pulling my hair out crazy for the past few days. My DS plays select baseball, which means we have baseball five or six days a week. Between that and getting ready for our trip I've been a little hectic, but then my mom goes and breaks her ankle which throws our whole world off balance! My dad is a quadriplegic, my mom is his sole caregiver. Needless to say, mom needs a lot of help taking care of dad and herself with a broken ankle. So we've been over to their house every day helping out - other than losing a little sleep, no big deal. And then she gets bronchitis :sad2: . I am beside myself hoping we don't get sick before (or during) our trip, but we still have to go to their house to help them out :scared1: ! I must've washed my hands 200 times yesterday. And I've Lysol'd everything in both of our houses and even my car, just in case...

I'm hoping that she'll be well enough by the time we leave to handle everything except driving on her own - they gave her a walking cast and she has a walker thing with wheels and a little seat that she can use at work and around the house. So we just need to figure out how to get her to and from work while I'm away. Hopefully some of her coworkers will step up. I have non-refundable plane tickets, a non-insured stay at Universal post cruise, and I've been waiting for this trip for-ev-er, so I'm not going to cancel, sorry mom :rolleyes: ! I am going to go grocery shopping for her before we leave, make sure their laundry is all done and that they have everything they could possibly need, make sure her driving arrangements are all taken care of, and then I'm going to get on the shuttle to the airport and start enjoying myself. I will thoroughly enjoy and appreciate my nine days of vacation. That's going to be my mantra to get me through the next 12 days.

Well, that's enough from me. Time to get some work done. Then it's off to baseball practice, a race information meeting, and to check in on DMom and DDad. I will thoroughly enjoy and appreciate my nine days of vacation. ;)

See ya all real soon :thumbsup2 !

- Bree

Sorry for the late notice. But we're going to have pull out of the FE Exchange. Our schedules have been way too crazy lately; this cruise has really come up fast (that is not a bad thing!), and we haven't even begun getting the FE stuff together, much less decided what we we're going to give out. I will PM Virginia to let her know so she can update the listing and get the updated list posted for everyone.

With the unixadm family being added recently, please just switch us with them, because I know most have already put their FE stuff together already.

We did order and receive our t-shirts from VistaPrint, and will participate in at least one, if not both, of the meets on the ship, and we would like to do the champagne tasting (as well one or two other tastings). We look forward to picking up our bracelets and meeting everyone. Again, sorry for the late notice.

-Eddie

So, the last FE list I've posted is the last one I will update. If folks want to "cross" off "olewnikpe" they can. But I WILL NOT be sending an updated list to include this. I just think it'll be confusing for me to send out another update after the last last last one I sent out. FE families, please make a note of this. Thanks!

-Virginia

Miz Diz I adore the picture in you signature!

Thanks! It is an old picture, but I love it. My ds is now 10, but I love his quote and can't get myself to remove it. :love:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As for the weather - I was just saying to dh yesterday that I can't believe how cold it is. May is never like this! I want the sun and to be able to lay out by the pool.

To all cruise experts when do I need to start getting ready, are there any must have items...any advice? This will be our first family cruise, and due to me having a lot of job problems this past month I havn't been on top of things, and it hit me that we have just a little over a week until its time to pack the car.

OKAY -- I am finally at the point where things have calmed down enough I can check the boards everyday. I see my room number made it to the list -great!
SOOOOO..Tho I've taken 3 cruises before I have become very lax in learning about the ship and checking this board which means I have questions.

I read a little of the last few pages and first - -it sounds like we are having at least one meet - I assume that's before ship sails. Is there one after?

I am also reading about t shirts and I'm completely confused but I better find out i less that 2 weeks so HELP!

Third - I read about tiaras -- when is that and what exactly are we doing.

Fourth - I read about wristbands - I was the one who took charge of that last trip so I wondered how you are handling it - is it too late and what do we pay?

Fish Extenders -- are we buying just for the family or separately for the kids and if it's for a family which pocket does it go. I have really done a dumb think doing this so late but when I mentioned it to my sister she was so excited that I couldn't let her down. Could you tell me how we are running ours ASAP.

I asked before and have had my TA put in a special medical request for first dining but haven't heard anything. They were no help by asking just by request. It better work. I hope we end up sitting with some of you - it makes it more fun. My first trip we accidentally sat with 5 others who were on the boards and didn't know it til we got talking. Another trip we arranged with 2 other couples to sit with them. The first trip we were with a dud group who did not include us in any conversation so it was kind of sad and annoying.

I still hope I can get Palos - either brunch or dinner - preferably both but I also don't want to miss any of the other restaurants so I hope I get a navigator immediately. Where do we go for Palos -- is it Bar D or something - - can you head me in that direction?

Also I want a spa treatment. What is the earliest time to get those two things arranged?

Sorry to be long winded,. I should be pretty caught up in info after these questions are answered.

Anyone else coming from near Philly? I just want hot weather so I can use the pool. Last 2 trips were cool/cold and extrememly windy. If no one has mentioned it - -if you get the least bit sea sick or don't know if you are - I take a non drowsy dramamine the hour before I sail and every day after that. I've been on some record bad storm cruise where restaurants emptied out and kids were puking (forgive language) all over the steps and hallways. I was fine. The one time I got sick was when I forgot to take it the last night of my first cruise - only a 4 night -- and I regretted it with everything I had :).

I hope to hear from people soon. I will be checking every day. Just pray my health holds out. I went to a week to Disney which for varying reasons was a bad trip and one reason was my feeling ill. The other was my husband being annoyed about it. Like I could help it. Anyway, that trip and this were my birthday presents so this has to turn out well. I think with sis it will be fun no matter what - - but RAIN - - STAY FAR FAR AWAY PLEASE!!!!

Have fun getting ready everyone and please help me with the above questions.
I can't believe the time is nearly here!!
:dance3:Sandy

To all cruise experts when do I need to start getting ready, are there any must have items...any advice? This will be our first family cruise, and due to me having a lot of job problems this past month I havn't been on top of things, and it hit me that we have just a little over a week until its time to pack the car.

Ziplock bags of various sizes for various uses, cookies, sandwiches from room service if you are getting off in Nassau, wet bathing suits ...

An over the door shoe holder for storage for brushes, hair dryer, advil, etc. Some people use it and others don't, but I find it helps keep things organized.

Single dollar bills for tipping room service.

Take everything you can that is disposable and just leave it there.

Just my thoughts ....

I spoke to concierge and they do not have the navigators for our cruise, so I could not find out about the champagne tasting. They did tell me can find out when we board. Not sure if this helps or if I'll have advance knowledge, but I'd be happy to share what I find out. Just how would I get every one the info?

well Sandy,

I can answer a couple of questions.....

T shirts are optional if you want too make them. I did not, but I did make a magnet for my door out of the design that turned out good.:thumbsup2

Several of these wonderful DISers put money in for our bracelets and they will be handing those out at the port or the first meet at 3pm I believe. If you check the roll call page you can see all the info.

The tiaras are for the champagne tasting and we are assuming that is on Nassau day around 3pm? will have too confirm that.;)
Tiaras are optional:rolleyes1

You can still check on line for Palo and the Spa. Or onboard you will go directly too the Spa too sign up and I am not sure where the Palo desk will be,but usually at one of the bars and I would go as soon as you board the ship.

I am sure others can give you more answers, but I hope this helps a little.:upsidedow

wdwfamilyinIl:
I usually pack some kind of clip thing that can clip the curtains shut so that littlebitofsun doesn't peek thru too early. I also pack a little flashlight so I can see what I'm doing in the middle of the night if one of the kids has to go potty, etc. A highlighter to mark things on the navigator, the door organizer thingy is really handy. For airline or road tripping, I usually pick up a few little cheap things and snacks that are not the "norm" for the kids to surprise them with and break things up. "In 30 minutes, you get a new prize out of the bag!" etc...helps make the trip a little easier.

Sandy...if you are already on the FE list, all the info you need is on mommyarewegoingback 's signature, or you can access a bunch of info including the FE link from philatiger 's signature. They both posted within the last 2 or three pages. For gifts, we did not designate a specific delivery day or method, etc. You can do a cabin gift, individual gifts, whatever you choose. There's about 50 staterooms on the list so I imagine it will take me more than one delivery to get it done!

Tiaras...champagne tasting...find out/sign up at guest services when you get on the ship.

Tshirts / lanyard badgy things - optional. Again on philatigers signature link you can find the picture to print. If you want to make a tshirt, we are wearing them on our "at sea" day. Between the tshirts, lanyards, and wristbands (paid for by some great members of our group, and available from mommyarewegoingback at the Port near the TVs or at the Meet), we should all be able to spot each other pretty easily!!

Time is ticking! I'm bound and determined to get my door magnets done within the next 24 hours. Now that Amazing Race and Survivor are both done, that officially frees up 2 more hours of my week. ;)

:love: this group. Puts a whole new spin on the experience. Can't wait to :grouphug: some new disfriends.

Oh my gosh, I am trying to finish packing and it seems that my bags are multiplying. We have re-arranged a couple bags to try to eliminate some but it seems useless. I swear we can go away for a week to the beach and not take more than a couple bags, but now its like we're going to a deserted island and need to take everything we own:eek:

I still need to find a place for my diet dr. peppers :scared1:

Callieline - You look so great in your Minnie wedding ears :bride: Glad you had a great weekend.

Brinalyn - I hope your mom gets better soon and she's able to drive soon.

Our weather has been crummy lately. High's in the 50's and rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter