DISNEY DREAM 5-nights May 29th, 2011

We are staying at OKW that Saturday and will prob be making a jaunt to DTD, so we might be in for a meet up at WPE!

I was just telling Ottes4 (hi melissa) that our usual place to hang at CC is down the hill from Cookies I on the family beach (tho we'll prob take turns with inlaws jaunting over to serenity bay, swapping kid duties, etc). So when you're looking for your place to park-it on the family beach, feel free to try to land somewhere near us! :)

Good Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop on and wish everyone a great Easter. We are leaving to go camping for the weekend and will have no cell service or internet. I'll miss seeing the Friday countdown but we have our chain links to do, so that helps.

Well Drats :guilty:

we're flying in on Sat too , but we're staying at the Hyatt at the airport - have a gc so seemed like a good use of it:goodvibes

Would love to meet up with all of you Sat evening, but just not likely to be able to make it. I can't think of an inexpensive way to get there and back; I don't think Hyatt offers a shuttle service. So We'll have the pleasure of catching up with you all Sun sometime :hug:

FWIW our favorite at DTD is Earl of Sandwich :lovestruc they were offer breakfast in 2009, I hope they are still doing do (for after the cruise) - wonderful food! But WPE is still a wonderful choice;)

Maybe we should plan a dis meet at downtown Disney. We are planning on eating at WPE too, if the wait isn't too bad. And we will see you on the bus to AKV afterwards.

That would be so cool...:cool1: Our plane comes in at around 10:30 am so we plan to head straight too DTD and then check in at our hotel later and then back to DTD...so we have no definite plans...Trying too save a bit of $ so we booked the Clarion Lake Buena Vista resort through AAA for $59 on Sat night..It has great reviews and is 1 mile from DTD,:thumbsup2

I will pm you my cell phone #.

Thank,
Michelle

I think you're asking about the lime green silicone bracelets that we decided to get so that we could identify each other. A few folks on this board has chipped in to order the bracelets for the entire disboard group. I think we'll be handing them out at the terminal for our disboard members and at the dis meet. So for the bracelets, you don't have to do anything except make sure you're on roll call and check in with one of us.

We also have a "t-shirt logo" that you can use to create shirts to wear on at-sea day.

And we have a template for you to customize with your name to add to your lanyards.

-Virginia

That is awesome!!!:goodvibes
:goodvibes
I am sorry I did not see it sooner. I would have pitched in...
I am on roll call...Just not doing the FE this trip.

Thanks for the info.
Michelle

Hello everyone! :wave2:

My name is Sabrina (Bree for short) and my DS10 (Payton) and I will be on the Dream with you all in 37 more days!

I've spent the past 3 days reading the thread (you guys have been busy:) ), you all sound so nice and Payton and I are looking forward to meeting you all on our cruise. I apologize for joining in so late, but we've had a pretty hectic past few months and the cruise meet threads completely slipped my mind until just a few days ago.

Chuck, could you please add us to the roll call? Bree and Payton (DS10) from Maryland, we are in room 2056, my birthday is May 30th so this trip is my birthday present to myself :goodvibes ! This will be our third Disney cruise - once on the Wonder, once on the Magic, and now we're sooo excited to be on the Dream! I guess we'll just have to book a cruise on the Fantasy while we're onboard to finish off the set ;) !

Also, if it's not too much trouble, we would like to be added to the fe list - no worries if it's too late, but we will have a little something for each cabin even so. I will PM Virginia too.

I am very interested in joining the ladies for the champagne tasting as well - sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to find my tiara ;) !

I can't believe this trip has snuck up on me and now there's only a little over a month left until we are boarding the Dream - I actually booked this cruise the day the itinerary was released in November 2009!

I'm working on the GTKY questionnaire and will post that a little later.

Can't wait to "meet" you all!

Bree

My name is Sabrina (Bree for short) and my DS10 (Payton) and I will be on the Dream with you all in 37 more days!

I've spent the past 3 days reading the thread (you guys have been busy:) ), you all sound so nice and Payton and I are looking forward to meeting you all on our cruise. I apologize for joining in so late, but we've had a pretty hectic past few months and the cruise meet threads completely slipped my mind until just a few days ago.

Chuck, could you please add us to the roll call? Bree and Payton (DS10) from Maryland, we are in room 2056, my birthday is May 30th so this trip is my birthday present to myself :goodvibes ! This will be our third Disney cruise - once on the Wonder, once on the Magic, and now we're sooo excited to be on the Dream! I guess we'll just have to book a cruise on the Fantasy while we're onboard to finish off the set ;) !

Also, if it's not too much trouble, we would like to be added to the fe list - no worries if it's too late, but we will have a little something for each cabin even so. I will PM Virginia too.

I am very interested in joining the ladies for the champagne tasting as well - sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to find my tiara ;) !

I can't believe this trip has snuck up on me and now there's only a little over a month left until we are boarding the Dream - I actually booked this cruise the day the itinerary was released in November 2009!

Bree

:welcome!!!

Happy Birthday. I've gone and added you to the list!!! Woo Hoo!

-Virginia

Here are the deck plans for the Dream in case anyone wants to print them ahead of time:

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

Bree

:welcome: Bree and Payton. I have added you to the roll call.

Thanks so much Chuck and Virginia :) !

General GTKY. (Getting To Know You)

1. Where do you live? Montgomery County, Maryland

2. Are you married? How long? Not married

3. Do you have any children? Ages? Will they be cruising with you? Yep, 1 son, Payton age 10. He will be cruising with me and we are both very excited!

4. Do you have any pets? No

5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home? Work full time - Director of Human Resources

6. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession) No, I never really decided what I wanted to do, just kind of fell into this profession

7. What is your favorite movie? The Prestige and pretty much every Pixar movie

8. What is your favorite book? Too many to list, I love to read!

9. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? CSI NY and Vegas, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU

10. What are your favorite foods? I enjoy food in general, but I can’t think of a favorite food…

11. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most? Dessert :rolleyes:

12. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.? I listen to anything I can sing to. I have everything from the Beatles to the Black Eyed Peas, MGMT to Reba McIntyre on my ipod – if it makes me sing and/or dance along I like it.

13. Where did you go to school/college? University of Maryland

14. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team? Love sports - mostly to play, but I’ll watch some too. Favorite football team is the Redskins (I know, I know… they’re never any good, but I’m loyal)

15. How many siblings do you have? 1 younger brother

16. What do you like to do in your spare time? I don’t really have “spare time”, but I like to read when I get a chance

17. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately? Not lately

18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver? A little of both, I save so I can spend, but I also have a healthy retirement fund.

19. When is your birthday? Monday, May 30th! :cool1:

20. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion? I like to be comfortable above all else. Jeans or shorts and tshirts are pretty much my everyday wear with a sweatshirt thrown on top in the winter. Fellow cruisers are about the only people to ever see me in a dress or skirt.

23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert, but I’m trying to work on that.

21. Are you an outdoors person? As long as it’s not too cold or too humid, I like to be outside.

22. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe? I think I’m pretty adventurous – we’re parasailing and doing the stingray excursion on Castaway Cay! I’m taking scuba lessons this year and I want to learn how to surf. I also want to do the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon next time I go to Vegas. So, yeah, I guess I am adventurous :rolleyes1 .

23. What was your childhood like? It was great!

24. How many Disney (or other cruises) have you been on? This will be our third Disney Cruise, we’ve only sailed Disney so far.

25. How often have you been to Walt Disney World? We’ve been to WDW 3 times.

26. Post a picture of yourself. I don’t have a photobucket account, or any pics of me to post since I’ve lost over 70 pounds – I’m planning on being in a lot of pics this cruise though!

- Bree

Thanks so much Chuck and Virginia :) !

26. Post a picture of yourself. I don’t have a photobucket account, or any pics of me to post since I’ve lost over 70 pounds – I’m planning on being in a lot of pics this cruise though!

- Bree

Wow, congrats on the 70 pounds, it's a great feeling. It's amazing how your life changes when you lose that much weight. At least it did for me when I lost the 90 pounds 8 years ago. :banana::banana::banana:

Well, I know the cruise is getting closer, I'm beginning to have THOSE dreams. Last nights I was sitting on the verandah sailing away from port and I turn to talk to my Mother (she's been gone 3 years) and I say " I didn't pack anything, did I " and she says " NO ". At first I think GREAT what am I going to wear. All I've got with me is the clothes I've got on. Then I realize I can always buy anything I need and then I woke up.

Wow, congrats on the 70 pounds, it's a great feeling. It's amazing how your life changes when you lose that much weight. At least it did for me when I lost the 90 pounds 8 years ago. :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks :) ! And congrats to you too! It does make a big difference in every part your life - I didn't realize how much of myself was lost under all that weight until it started coming off.

- Bree

Bree
Hey Bree! I also have a ds10. looking forward to meeting you. Congrats on the weight loss!

Oh and one more great thing happened today- I got the proofs for Bella's modeling card today! I almost fainted she looks SO good. So hard to believe that it's MY kid on the card!!!!(it was a proud mamma moment)...
Didn't do the whole quote - but just want to say - it sounds like you are overdoing things. :goodvibes Sorry - it's the mom in me and we want you to be on the cruise.

Oooh - that is so exciting about your dd pictures! Bring some on the cruise so we can see.

That would be so cool...:cool1: Our plane comes in at around 10:30 am so we plan to head straight too DTD and then check in at our hotel later and then back to DTD...so we have no definite plans...Trying too save a bit of $ so we booked the Clarion Lake Buena Vista resort through AAA for $59 on Sat night..It has great reviews and is 1 mile from DTD,:thumbsup2

I will pm you my cell phone #.

Thank,
Michelle

We don't get there until 3 or so, but we are right across so we could always come there first if earlier works better. We are pretty flexible for sure that day. Sounds like fun!

Bree

Hooray! Another champagne taster! Tiara or no?

Welcome:cheer2:

:welcome: Bree and Payton. I have added you to the roll call.
What he said!! :laughing: And to all of the recent 'newbies' on our meet thread! Can't wait to meet all of you!!

Virginia- are we going to have an updaed spread sheet for the FE when we do the hard cut off?? Lord knows I'm already confused!!! :rotfl:

Had another good day today- NO NAP (that's a good day these days) AND I called the MD and he's letting me go back to work next week. I just hope work is letting me go back to work! :rotfl2: I have 2 jobs- 1 is an educator, the other is staff nurse. I can't do staff nurse (can't lift patients) but I can educate- I only need my mouth for that! :lmao:

We also had our pool opened today!! :banana: It's cold and cloudy but by the time the weather cooperates it should be ready to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter