• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream 5 Night Cruise - Question about Rotating Dining?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
My family will be doing the Disney Dream 5 night Cruise next summer and had a question about the Rotating Dining. Despite my Wife not understanding and wanting to pay for a dinner outing at Palo/Remy ( she asks, why pay when we have dinner at the main dining rooms? ).....I am going to try to convince her to splurge a little and have dinner at Palo on one of the nights.

Is it safe to assume that on the 4th and 5th nights that we will be repeating dining at one of the Main Dining rooms?

I'm thinking of having dinner at Palo's on one of those nights.

Also, does the Oceaneer's club offer any option where they can take care of the kids and bring them to dinner ( probably at the Buffet or Grill ) on one of the nights?

For those that have kids and wanted to sneak away for dinner at Palo's or Remy.....what day did you book for dining?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.....tx in advance for your response.

Yes, on nights 4 & 5 you will repeat one of the MDR's.

My family will be doing the Disney Dream 5 night Cruise next summer and had a question about the Rotating Dining. Despite my Wife not understanding and wanting to pay for a dinner outing at Palo/Remy ( she asks, why pay when we have dinner at the main dining rooms? ).....I am going to try to convince her to splurge a little and have dinner at Palo on one of the nights.

Is it safe to assume that on the 4th and 5th nights that we will be repeating dining at one of the Main Dining rooms?

Also, does the Oceaneer's club offer any option where they can take care of the kids and bring them to dinner ( probably at the Buffet or Grill ) on one of the nights?

For those that have kids and wanted to sneak away for dinner at Palo's or Remy.....what day did you book for dining?

You can tell your wife that Palo is an amazing restaurant, and she's into chocolate souflee, it's not to be missed. To answer your questions, yes, one of those nights you will be repeating a dining room so you can book Palo. The club serves dinner to the kids in the club when they are serving, they don't go somewhere for dinner, another option, depending on the ages of your kids would be to send them to the dining room on their own, only recommended for ones a bit older. You can also take them to Cabanas before you go to Palo to get them dinner, or the quick serve restaurants on the pool deck before you take them to the clubs.

We've booked Palo on every cruise we've been on, and never regretted it!

For a 5 night cruise, wouldn't you repeat two dining rooms?

When I was on a 4-night last year we had one repeat, but it was the middle two nights.

We took a 5 night on the Dream in 2012 and yes, you repeat 2 of the MDRs but one of those will be pirate night and the last night should be the "See Ya Real Soon" menu. I personally, prefer to book Palo on pirate night.

Just another option, we had the kids order dinner from room service (including Mickey bars for dessert) and while they ate & watched Disney cartoons, we got ready for Palo and then walked them to the kids club before heading to Palo. Worked perfectly. We made sure they ate well and we got time to get ready for our nice evening.

The kid's club does serve dinner in the club, but it may not be at your seating time, you'd have to check and see when that is. They do no take kids to the dining rooms for dinner. Generally that meal (in the club is along the lines of cheese sandwich, fruit, and milk, but can be as "exotic" as mac & cheese, or pizza).

I have been on the Fantasy sister ship of the Dream.

The kids clubs normally go to dinner at 5.30 pm. They have to be in the programming at that time to go. It's a proper meal my children choose from a menu my son being fussy didn't like the menu they asked what he wanted he said spaghetti carbonara and he got it.

Depends how old your children are but mine went yo the MDRs when we went yo Palo and Remy, we booked these later in the cruise so my children knew the servers and we told the servers, they spoilt my children it worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter