Disney Dream 4-Night Double Dip Cruise Oct 23rd 2014

Hi everyone!

We will be sailing on the 10/23/14 Double Dip Cruise!

This will be our 2nd double dip and 5th DCL overall. I have sent a request to join the Facebook page. I'll end up posting more there, then on here.

For this cruise, it will be six of us, in two cabins.

Somewhat bummed, went to book this Cruise last night and even though it shows up on the web site, when I called they said Cat 00V was full...wanted to try Concierge for a change..00T is available but 00V was a huge stretch, 00T is just too much...well for those of you going enjoy! I'll stalk the DCL site in the hopes a 00V opens up...

Somewhat bummed, went to book this Cruise last night and even though it shows up on the web site, when I called they said Cat 00V was full...wanted to try Concierge for a change..00T is available but 00V was a huge stretch, 00T is just too much...well for those of you going enjoy! I'll stalk the DCL site in the hopes a 00V opens up...

Yup.....We booked this cruise right away, knowing the double dip cruises are really popular. The Concierge Cabins went fast......we are not even a year out.

Yup.....We booked this cruise right away, knowing the double dip cruises are really popular. The Concierge Cabins went fast......we are not even a year out.

Do they ever open up after the initial sell-out? The Disney phone rep didn't give me much hope and tried to convince me how much better a 00T was. We usually sail 04D.

Do they ever open up after the initial sell-out? The Disney phone rep didn't give me much hope and tried to convince me how much better a 00T was. We usually sail 04D.

Sure....People change or chance cruises.....or even upgrade to a 1-bedroom.

Just keep checking the website to see if anyone releases a concierge cabin.

I called Disney again today and found out they have a wait list for sold out categories so I've placed myself on the list. I may be joining you guys after all...

I called Disney again today and found out they have a wait list for sold out categories so I've placed myself on the list. I may be joining you guys after all...

There you go!

And good luck with the waitlist!!

I'm in guys!

Can't believe it but just two days after getting on the wait list, we got the call! We are booked on this cruise and will be joining you all after all...

Very psyched...

I'm in guys!

Can't believe it but just two days after getting on the wait list, we got the call! We are booked on this cruise and will be joining you all after all...

Very psyched...

Congrats!!!!

See you on the FB planning thread too!!

Hi everyone,

Count us in - originally booked on the 11/13 date

This will be our 6th DCL cruise. First short and double dip cruise. Could also be a first for not cruising with a large group of family/friends.

We love cc so this was perfect since we will be staying at WDW for F & W also. Now just need to decide soon if we will stay at WDW before or after the cruise. We have always stayed after but have wanted to experience a park stay before. Decisions, decisions.

So far - DH and I - one cabin
My friend Wendy and her DH (she should be posting soon) - one cabin

Hi everyone,

Count us in - originally booked on the 11/13 date

This will be our 6th DCL cruise. First short and double dip cruise. Could also be a first for not cruising with a large group of family/friends.

We love cc so this was perfect since we will be staying at WDW for F & W also. Now just need to decide soon if we will stay at WDW before or after the cruise. We have always stayed after but have wanted to experience a park stay before. Decisions, decisions.

So far - DH and I - one cabin
My friend Wendy and her DH (she should be posting soon) - one cabin

Welcome Aboard!!! We going have fun!

I like doing the Parks first, the Cruise.

Welcome Aboard!!! We going have fun!

I like doing the Parks first, the Cruise.

That's what my sil said also. We are really considering doing the parks this time first. Gotta try everything (well almost everything) once :)

That's what my sil said also. We are really considering doing the parks this time first. Gotta try everything (well almost everything) once :)

I like the Parks first to use all that pent up Disney energy and I fell the Disney "experience" is better on the ships.....more concentrated. So when you go to the parks after a cruise, it feels like a little of a let down.

Hey all! Just booked today. So excited!! Our last Disney cruise was in 2006. It is going to be me, my hubby and our daughter Alexis (12). :cool1:

Add my clan to the roll call! We were originally on the Oct.23, 2014 - 3 Day Dream and got bumped to Oct. 16th...but we needed to travel on the weekend of October 23rd due to my daughter's school break. So, we now have an extra day on board! :cool1:

We will be celebrating my hubster's 40th birthday and my mom's 60th (we are paying for her cruise as her birthday gift).

Here will be our cabin crew:
Me (Amanda) - 39
Hubs (Scott) - 40 (just turned on 10/17)
DD (Maisie) - 7 yo
DS (Graeme) - 3 yo (Pronounced like "Graham")
D-New Baby - Due 12/15/13...don't know if a DS or DD...

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (Wonder 3/10, Dream 10/11, Wonder 3/13)

I've got a serious addiction to all things Disney and often call for a friendly "intervention" when my desire to roll in pixie dust gets out of hand.:rotfl::rotfl:

We participated in our first FE this past March on the Wonder and LOVED it...and as a result, I also became obsessed with all things FE. Looking forward to next year's trip.

My DH and I booked this a few months ago. We added my DD and DSIL right along with us . We got deck 6 center aft both cabins I AM SOOO EXCITED .We crusied October last year 2012 when my DD a fellow Diser (a disney tattoo) got married by Captain Henry cant beleve it was a year already:) And yes I know i have to fix my ticker as soon as i remember how :O)

Hello!!!
We were originally booked for our annual September 21st cruise and after Stalking the website for news on the magic, ran across the DD for this cruise! SO EXCITED!!! We had to change and deal with 1 extra month wait....:hourglass
if we could add to the roll call:
:wave:(Me) Veronica
DH MikeB:dancer:
DS Jakey (8)pirate:
DS Nick(11)pirate:

has anyone taken the lead for a FE?

I didn't realize the thread had been switched over, yay! :)

We just had a second cruise on Dream; something of a surprise for me and a total surprise for DS, with huge thanks to DH. Had stateroom 7501, which was a perfectly decent room, but the whole experience solidified two things for us: we want a verandah or at least oceanview if at all possible, and we really really do like concierge level if it can be had.

So I'm superglad that's exactly what we have for this one. Even though it's over a year away. :upsidedow

We are looking to change our place holder cruise we just booked on the Wonder last week to this cruise!! We want a small getaway from our then DD 3 and DD 6 months and this seems to be a perfect fit :) Hopefully the grandparents will want to watch them for those 5 days!! fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter