• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream 12/29/2011

Merry Christmas...

I hope everyone had a wonderful, magic day, filled with friends and family.

We are all packed (almost) and heading to Orlando tomorrow morning.

We look forward to seeing you all Thursday afternoon.

Right now, I have to go over the packing list one more time. I am sure there is something we have not packed.

Here's hoping the weather forecast improves for Orlando and the Bahamas!! We need warm sun, no rain.

We are so excited for our first cruise ever! There are 2 families in our group : Rick (daddy's) me Stacey (mom) Morgan (13) we will be celebrating her 13th birthday on the boat! Ella (9) Aubrey (8) Ryan (4). My sister Kim (mom) Bill (dad) Hannah (17) Maddie (16) Logan (5) and Poppy (Larry) We booked our cruise at the last minute so we are trying to get as much information as possible! Our kids received the cruise as a Christmas gifting and are so so excited! We cant wait to meet everyone and our girls are hoping to make some great friends along the way! What is this FE everyone is talking about?

Well, we are here! But, we left the magnet tape at home. Boo! Looks like our door is gonna be naked this trip! Wanna wish everyone safe travels and we'll see y'all on Thursday!!

We are so excited for our first cruise ever! There are 2 families in our group : Rick (daddy's) me Stacey (mom) Morgan (13) we will be celebrating her 13th birthday on the boat! Ella (9) Aubrey (8) Ryan (4). My sister Kim (mom) Bill (dad) Hannah (17) Maddie (16) Logan (5) and Poppy (Larry) We booked our cruise at the last minute so we are trying to get as much information as possible! Our kids received the cruise as a Christmas gifting and are so so excited! We cant wait to meet everyone and our girls are hoping to make some great friends along the way! What is this FE everyone is talking about?

Welcome! The FE stands for fish extender. Adnil530 organized it on this cruise and posted info on page 1. It's where people hang up a gift receiver outside their door off the fish thing that's there (thus a fish extender) and other who have signed up put little gifts in it. Unfortunately its too late to sign up. This is my first Disney cruise and I'm looking forward to participating, but it was somewhat stressful for me as I couldn't quite get my act together. :rotfl:.

There's talk of meeting whoever wants to at 3:30 (I think??)...its a page or 2 back.

Well, we're just about all packed and ready to catch our flight in the morning.

Very much looking forward to meeting everyone on board! Have a safe trip and Bon Voyage!!!

We've been at WDW for 2 days and we've already:

- went to CentraCare for DD17 throat - got antibiotics and getting better

- forgot to bring the cruise contract and had to find a FedEx office to print another copy - but I do have the luggage tags

- had my camera break on the hotel lobby Christmas tour tonight

Hoping that the cruise portion goes better! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Laurie that's horrible all those bad things happened! Here's some pixie dust hoping the cruise will be much better! pixie dust:

I'm so excited. Finishing up work day in a few hours and then flying to Orlando! :banana:

Oh what a drive!!! From NY to Port Canaveral, but we finally got here. Just checked into the Radisson at the Port and we are gonna head out to find a bite to eat.

Traffic has been hellish. We got stuck in 4 hours of gridlock yesterday so it took 12.5 hours to get from NY to Lumberton, NC. Today was another traffic jam, but things smoothed out once we entered Georgia.

Yippee we made it!!! We do the long drive because NY can be a gamble flying out of in the winter months. We nearly missed our cruise a few years ago.

See everyone out n about, on the ship!!!!!

Hi, there!

I hope everyone had a great cruise! I know we did. It was nice meeting some of you!

Happy New Year!

Great cruise, although I was sorry not to meet all of you. I waited at the Bon Voyage around 3:30 on the first day and no one else turned up. Did anyone turn up eventually?

Did get to meet Laurie and her husband, Greg, and had a lovely time chatting with them.

So sad it's all over now but there's always next time!

Great cruise, although I was sorry not to meet all of you. I waited at the Bon Voyage around 3:30 on the first day and no one else turned up. Did anyone turn up eventually?

Did get to meet Laurie and her husband, Greg, and had a lovely time chatting with them.

So sad it's all over now but there's always next time!

Sorry I didn't get to meet some of you. I went by the bar at 3:15. I didn't see anyone. I was shocked to get on board so early. We had a 10am pickup and was on board by 12:30pm. Here is my trip report.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2857961

That's funny. I was at Bon Voyage until 3:20. I asked several people milling around if they were there for the cruise meet. I too am sorry that I wasn't able to meet more dis'ers.

Did everyone get their Palo Brunch reservations? I thought I'd see someone at D Lounge at 1:00 p.m.

We had a good time. I think next time we are going to opt for early dining. We have always had late dining so I'd like to try early next time.

Speaking of next time.... did anyone rebook while onboard? I know Goofy's Gal did. I still have 2 dummy bookings out there to deal with so no new booking for me.

Thanks for all the FE goodies....and thank you Jeremy for the Australian newspapers! I'm thoroughly enjoying them.

Linda

Must have just missed you as I got there just after 3:20, having been in the DVC group celebration. I waited til around 3:30 or so, but no one else came by or said anything.

I think the Bon Voyage is a terrible place to meet as it's in such a wide open area and has very little seating. For future cruises, I'm going to suggest the sports bar, 687, as it seems better to accommodate a group and we'd probably have very little trouble getting the men to attend, lol. Does anyone else have a better idea? Learning as we go......!

Oh, we had no trouble getting Palo brunch ressies at the D Lounge (we went right at 1pm) but I learned a trick. We booked for a party of 3 and Laurie, who came along just a few minutes later, couldn't get a ressie for her party of 2; however, the person in front of her was offered a Palo brunch ressie and turned it down! I spoke with dear Annie-Marie (Palo hostess) and she said that 2s were all sold out and that the person was likely offered a larger table. We were able to turn our ressie for 3 into a ressie for 5 and Laurie and Greg joined us at brunch. But that may be what you have to do when trying to get Palo ressies. Yay for the buddy system!

687 would have been great. That was where I was most of the time.:lmao:

I had walked by on sail day but didn't see anyone around. It was about 3:15.
Should have stayed around a little longer. I didn't book another cruise on board.

And thanks to everyone for the wonderful gifts. Sorry I couldn't wrap them or anything. I was at DTD and no one had wrapping paper or any kind of paper.

We were on your cruise too. Great weather, great seas, no sickness, great sun but boy was Port Canaveral cold when we got back. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter