• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream 12/29/2011

Paid in full; airfare is paid; rental car(s) reserved. It's finally seeming real. Booked this way back in Nov. 2009. Now just waiting for October 15th so I can check in and see what's left. I'm not interested in Remy or Palo so I'm good there, but I hope to get pampered some in the spa/salon. The tea sounds fabulous, but sounds like that's going to be a miss as well as the brunch. Oh well - there's so much to see and do, I'm sure I won't feel left out. I can save those treats for a 7 nighter.

For those with little ones - what's the standard use time of the Oceaneer's club for a 3 year old? Do people leave their kids in there all day or do parents just put them in for an hour or two each time? I have mixed feelings on how long I should put my dd in there each day - or maybe it's guilt over wanting to do stuff without her? :rotfl: She still takes naps...will they call me if she falls asleep or can she nap in there?

Paid in full; airfare is paid; rental car(s) reserved. It's finally seeming real. Booked this way back in Nov. 2009. Now just waiting for October 15th so I can check in and see what's left. I'm not interested in Remy or Palo so I'm good there, but I hope to get pampered some in the spa/salon. The tea sounds fabulous, but sounds like that's going to be a miss as well as the brunch. Oh well - there's so much to see and do, I'm sure I won't feel left out. I can save those treats for a 7 nighter.

For those with little ones - what's the standard use time of the Oceaneer's club for a 3 year old? Do people leave their kids in there all day or do parents just put them in for an hour or two each time? I have mixed feelings on how long I should put my dd in there each day - or maybe it's guilt over wanting to do stuff without her? :rotfl: She still takes naps...will they call me if she falls asleep or can she nap in there?

81 Days till we set sail on this cruise! Big Thanks to Goofy's_Gal from us! She found me a deal that saved me over $340 on my 15 day car rental out of Orlando and I was able to switch my incoming flight to Orlando rather than Tampa with no problem through SW. Cha ching!

It feels good to be paid in full doesn't it? You should be able to score some spa time. Maybe I'll see something that I'd like to do also. Still hoping to score a brunch but other than that, I am set.

I think once you sit down with your navigator, you will decide which activities you and dd can enjoy together, both in and out of the club, and go from there. Our kids were older when we took our first cruise so they were the ones to decide how much time they wanted to spend in the clubs, checking themselves in and out (we got a text each time they checked in/out). Obviously, you can't do that with your dd but when you look over the daily activities, you will know how much would be overload for her ......and for you:rotfl:

Dd11 and I are going to WDW pre-cruise before DH and dd15 get there. dd15 will be going to WDW post-cruise with Goofy's_Gal. The rest of us have to be back home for school and work so we are leaving for home the afternoon we get back from this cruise. We have some pre-cruise activities planned which should be fun. Has anyone ever swam with the Manatees in Crystal River? Let me know what it's like with these gentle giants.

I think roll call is up to date. I'm going to be refining the FE list and PMing people to see if they are still interested and getting cabin numbers. If I'm missing something or someone, please let me know. Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

Linda

Myself, dh and ds will be on this cruise! We are from Canada, have been to disney world 4 times but this is our first cruise. Hoping to join the FE and am learning tons from this forum. Looking forward to booking some stuff on the 15th! LOVE all the tips so far!!

Big Thanks to Goofy's_Gal from us! She found me a deal that saved me over $340 on my 15 day car rental out of Orlando and I was able to switch my incoming flight to Orlando rather than Tampa with no problem through SW. Cha ching! Linda

YOU saved me over $60 on my 4 day car! I just did a simple search that you probably would have done too---eventually. :)

So since we will be there on NYE can anyone tell me how most people will dress? Mainly worried about how to dress DH, I'm fine in a dress either way.

Well, I think it has been since the beginning of summer since I came to the board. Well we are 81 Days until the Cruise!!! and 80 days till the Wedding!!! We are both very ready to have a vacation and relax. Can't wait to be on the cruise and meet everyone!

So I need your opinion. DH and I are "unaccompanied ADULTS" on this cruise (DD 11 still not quite sure about this :lmao:)~ we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Here is our dilemma- do we request that we be a table of 2 for dining or take our chance with being grouped with other "unaccompanited adults"??? What do you all think?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Does anyone know if there is a separate dining room in Palo like there is on the Magic?

If so, I'd like to get a list of people who would want to do brunch with me and DH and see if my TA can get us a ressie for the room? Anyone game?

So I need your opinion. DH and I are "unaccompanied ADULTS" on this cruise (DD 11 still not quite sure about this :lmao:)~ we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Here is our dilemma- do we request that we be a table of 2 for dining or take our chance with being grouped with other "unaccompanited adults"??? What do you all think?

Thanks,
Jennifer
On a recent Dream cruise, our group of 5 was seated with a Brazilian family of 3 who didn't speak any English. It was uncomfortable for all of us, and they requested to be reseated by the next evening. My family of four was seated with another family of four on our most recent cruise on the Wonder, and I don't know how DCL managed it, but these people were our doppelgängers. We got along fabulously, and are friends on Facebook now. We didn't expect to end up at a table for eight, but it was a wonderful way to spend a week of dinners, and I am so glad it worked out the way it did.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Do they even offer tables for two? I can't recall ever seeing a table for two on any of the Disney Cruises I have been on . . . although, I wasn't really looking for them . . so maybe I just didn't see them.

Theo and I go through that thought process every year . . "Gosh, do we really want to sit with a bunch of people we don't know for dinner?" And, being 'two guys' makes it a little more awkward to sit with a bunch of strangers lol.

Although the first night always feels a bit odd. . Theo and I never know what to say to other people, so we usually just mind our own business and talk about the menu and our selections. And EVERY single time, there seems to be a friendly face at the table who initiates some conversation and in no time at all, we have made a few new friends and have a wonderful time at dinners.

On our first NYE cruise, we met a wonderful couple from Scottland, and had a fantastic time. The next NYE cruise we met a single dad and his son going on a holiday cruise . . and as 4 misfits, we all got along just great :)

I enjoy the shared table dining . . . but yet I kinda dread it on the first night hahaha. But Theo and I try to get there early the first night . .it's more awkward being the last couple seated :)

Does anyone know if there is a separate dining room in Palo like there is on the Magic?

If so, I'd like to get a list of people who would want to do brunch with me and DH and see if my TA can get us a ressie for the room? Anyone game?

I'd be delighted if you want to organize this. If your TA can't arrange it I'd even go with you to see about booking it once we get onboard; I'm sure everyone interested would as well. There are 3 of us.

I think we're also interested in trying to get a group for tea; we've managed this on board before for groups of 8/9. There are 3 of us, Adnil is another 3, so we already have 6. Anyone else?

I'd be delighted if you want to organize this. If your TA can't arrange it I'd even go with you to see about booking it once we get onboard; I'm sure everyone interested would as well. There are 3 of us.

I think we're also interested in trying to get a group for tea; we've managed this on board before for groups of 8/9. There are 3 of us, Adnil is another 3, so we already have 6. Anyone else?

I would love to. I am traveling with my 11 yr old son who I am sure will be busy.

We really dragged our feet on signing up for this cruise, but we are finally all paid! This will be our third cruise. Our first was last January (2011) on the Magiv and then we sailed the Magic again in June in the Med for our honeymoon!

It will be my husband, Todd (28) and me, Gwen (27) bringing in the New Year on the Dream!

Do you know if this is only for adults? If so, I'm part of Adnil's 3 :)

Myself, dh and ds will be on this cruise! We are from Canada, have been to disney world 4 times but this is our first cruise. Hoping to join the FE and am learning tons from this forum. Looking forward to booking some stuff on the 15th! LOVE all the tips so far!!

Welcome! I think you need to have 10 posts before you can PM someone but if you want to be included in the FE, I'm sure Adnil530 will see your post. I think she needs the room # and will include it on the first page :goodvibes

We really dragged our feet on signing up for this cruise, but we are finally all paid! This will be our third cruise. Our first was last January (2011) on the Magiv and then we sailed the Magic again in June in the Med for our honeymoon!

It will be my husband, Todd (28) and me, Gwen (27) bringing in the New Year on the Dream!

Welcome aboard! Congrats on the marriage. I saw you got married on the same day as us but 3 years later. We got married at Epcot and did the Advernturer's Club and Living Seas for our receptions. I'm sure it was awesome for you! We are James, Lauren and Lorelei from WV. Where in Northern VA are you from? I was born in Alexandria and then moved to Manassas when I was 10. But we came to Morgantown for school and decided not to leave.

Yea just got an email from Disney about our flight today. Looks like one layover in GA but we get to Orlando at 11:30. Sounds a little late to arrive but Disney knows what they doing. The only reason I booked the flight with them is beause I want to be stress free.
Just got another email that passports shold be here by this Friday, at least mine and my daughter too bad my husband says its still processing?
Everything is comming together.
K Gater
DM, DH and DD(10 turing 11 next Tuesday)::cutie:

Hello fellow cruisers.

Well the 90 Day Mark came and went, and I stayed up late (actually I set the alarm and got up at 11:45pm) to sign up for Palo's.

While planning for the event, I kept on going back and forth between booking Palo's and Remy's.

I finally picked Palo's.

The cost of Remy's was a factor (because there would be at least One Bottle of Wine added on to the cost), but the thing that finally made me pick Palo's was that everyone said Remy's would be a 3 hour meal, and I didn't want to spend the whole night eating dinner, and leaving the kids in the clubs.

Other than that, I signed up for a couple of things at Castaway Key.

I am not sure if we will keep all these things, but for right now we signed up for...
The 2 Day Getaway Packagage (1 hour bike rental, all day snorkel gear, and all day float or tube) for both days.
Parasailing - Yikes, not sure if the kids will go for that (has anyone done this before... Has anyone dropped their camera from while in the air?)
Stingray Adventure - We have done this in the past, so it might not be a keeper.

For our Nassua Day, I have booked a day at the Comfort Inn across from Atlantis.
From what I read, this will give us access to the Atlantis water park.
It feels insane to book an expensive room, which we will never use, however, the rate for the Disney - Atlantis anventure is $170 pp, so it is almost twice as much.

I would rather do this through Disney, but not for nearly 700 dollars

We didn't book anything for our sea day.

I'm planning on hitting the fitness center, and then maybe drinks by the pool. Mmmmm... That sounds like it might be too much for one day. I might have to skip the fitness center.

Oh Ya.. Almost forgot "rebooking while on-board"

That's about it for us.

I did post a question on the main cruise forum, asking about my 11 DS going to the Oceaneer Lab, to get dinner with my 10 DD and the group, while we are at Palo's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter