• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream 12/29/2011

Hello all,

It has been forever (or at least feels that way), since I posted our intentions of Cruising on the December 29th. - 5 Night DD Cruise.

First we had to get through the summer, then a one week vacation to Washington DC and Williamsburg, And of course the first days of school.

We are not back to our school routine yet, but getting there.

I have a lot of catching up to do, on this thread. Which I will try to do over the next week.

I look forward to reading about everyone online, and then meeting you at the end of the year.

Just got my daughter off to school for picture day, and she is 10, what a morning. I think I know now why my husband left early for work! Cant' wait 112 days till we cruise! Starting to think what not to pack away for our trip, fall is almost here in Indiana. Starting to work on the FE gifts:) Have a great idea in the works!

Kym

OK, I am now caught up with this thread, having read to the end of page 27.

It will be much easier to keep up going forward.

I am sure the number of posts will pick up as we get closer to cruise time.

Since this will be our first Disney Cruise does anyone have any good ideas for the FE gifts? I was having socks done for our cruise and they were going into productionthis Monday however the company caught on fire Saturday and we lost the whole production line. Now I'm back to square one.

Since this will be our first Disney Cruise does anyone have any good ideas for the FE gifts? I was having socks done for our cruise and they were going into productionthis Monday however the company caught on fire Saturday and we lost the whole production line. Now I'm back to square one.

That's horrible! However, all is not lost. There is a thread with over 100 pages of ideas, thoughts: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

Also, OrientalTrading.com has lots of trinkets to make up little gift bags for the kids. Many themes: Disney, Princess, Pirate, Holiday, Beach

On our last cruise, an additional gift we gave each cabin was fortune cookies with the cruise details on the fortune inside. I got a groupon for around $15 to order $50 worth of cookies.

Let your imagination soar!

Linda

:mickeyjum:mickeyjumHI EVERYONE!!! Well my sister and I paid off our cruise this weekend when she was down. So excited!! Can't book resies until the 30th though. I have started the countdown. 105 days! But who am I kidding, I started that countdown a long time ago. My son and I are coming in the Tuesday before the cruise and doing Sea World. After the cruise we will be doing Universal and Discovery Cove. We have a total of 12 days in Florida!!

My sister and I were talking this weekend about what special things will the do for NYE on the ship. I know campaign and fireworks. But what else do they do? In Epcot they hand out hats and noise makers.

party:

Two years ago on the Magic they had top hats with Disney Cruise Line on the front. Gold ones for the Magic and Silver ones for the Wonder.

They had champagne in commemorative plastic glasses at midnight that you could keep. There was also some desserts on the pool deck but they were only out for less than a 1/2 hr. I hadn't even made my way over to the tables before they were moving them back to the kitchen. (Remember, this is Disney and most folks are not late nighters)

There was a lithograph and a treat in your stateroom. If you are flying home, you may want to bring a mailing tube with you to put the lithograph in to safe keep it on the way home. We stayed in FL for an extra day and went searching for one last time to bring home the litho without getting wrinkled.

Special menu in the dining room that you could keep.

I also think there was a tailgate type party on New Years Day for the football games. Although I think we were at Castaway Cay that day so maybe I have that confused with another day.

Hello All. Thanks to my parents my DH and I will be on this cruise with them. I don't know much about it other then There are reservations that I already have and I am staying up till midnight tonight to make mine. Hope everyone who will be doing the same thing has a good night and I will see you online tonight!

HI everyone,

So excited to sail soon! We are Gold castaway members and get to book excursions, etc tomorrow. Is it 12:00a.m. on the 15th (EST)? Does anyone know for sure the time?

Thanks all!

So I was able to book my excursions, but not able to do my online checkin. I guess I'll wait a bit to fill out the paperwork.

Someone on another thread just told me you can't book check-in online until 3am eastern time.

Melinda

as some of you may remember I posted in May that our cruise plans were in sort of a stand still after the loss of my motherinlaw........ in August we also lost my husbands sister to her battle with cancer ...... it has really been a year ! but decisions have finally been made and.......... Disney Dream here we come ! just made the final payment today passports arrived as well airfare is booked the jury is still out as to whether we can afford the extra days at the parks when we return but cruise plans are ON ! my fatherinlaw did decide to cancel and instead go to CA to spend the time with my sisterinlaws family after we spend Christmas together ( and we may get flames for not joining him but honestly my DH , DD and myself really need this break by ourselves not just due to the loss but with all the other curves life continues to throw at us . we also have two adult sons who both have children that we are helping to care for plus caring for my fatherinlaw we are a bit STRESSED) so in 102 days I am looking forward to going down the slide, playing at Atlantis and looking for Casey the cat on Castaway Cay. :woohoo:

We will see you there. Best wishes for your family at this difficult time. Your decision to carry on with the trip is the right one because you made it for yourself. I know it must have been very difficult, but enjoy each and every day you have. I do.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter