Disney Dream 12/29/2011

Wind was so bad last night a friend of mine had a portapotty blow across a parking lot and into his car while he was at work last night.

No kidding! GoodDay Sacramento is asking for pictures of those kind of things. It's not over yet either. Winds today only up in the 40's MPH. I didn't hear the wind at all, but I hear that gusts were up to 50 MPH...I slept with the TV on and when I woke up this morning, there was a text from our 10 year old that said "I am scared". She was staying at a friend's house and they were probably watching scary movies in the midst of all this. Texted her back this morning but she is still asleep.

What were you going to do in Folsom?

Placerville recorded 2" overnight on Wednesday night. The ditch next door flooded due to debris in it and flooded our backyard, mainly the chicken coop had 6" of water flowing through it. The water was being held back by the play yard structure. We had to dismantle the border that holds the bark in so the water would flow. Then we had to go over and remove a fence from the ditch so the water would flow in the ditch and not into the yard. Lots and lots of water still.

We went to Lincoln yesterday to attend a funeral. Rained, rained and rained. I wore flats but I still sunk into the saturated ground. Those who wore heels were having a heck of a time.

Linda

It was horrible last night! I am so afraid of the wind...long story..

I was in Folsom Friday for a funeral....we have another in San Jose on Tuesday and then the funeral on Wed. Hope it is not raining.

My DD was out last night but came home early at 11. I asked her if it was bad out driving and of course she said no. When I asked her to take her dog out she just shook her head and so he would be ok till morning. She didn't want to go out in it again!
Of course he came and got me at 3am! I was awake still.
I thought I was in Kansas! It was horrible, Then I couldn't find him in the backyard because I didn't have the lights on. Finally a light went on, my husband heard me calling for the dog. When the dog saw the light he did his business and beat me back to the door to get in.:rotfl:

Hope it doesn't start again until after we are home from church.
Stay safe. No big damage here, this time. Our fence is new from the big storm last year....

Does everyone have airfare yet?? I haven't and it's so high it's ridiculous.

Makes me almost want to move to Florida so I don't have to fly there anymore. and I could go there all the time!! This might be a great idea!!! :cool1:

Does everyone have airfare yet?? I haven't and it's so high it's ridiculous.

Makes me almost want to move to Florida so I don't have to fly there anymore. and I could go there all the time!! This might be a great idea!!! :cool1:

That's my "Dream".

Haven't looked into flights for December yet. We still don't know our exact dates that we are coming out.

Looks like we are going to be able to go to Florida in July. Not one sailing for 2 adults and 2 children on the "Dream" left for July, so that's one decision I thankfully don't have to make. For 2 adults and 1 child it's over $5,300 for a 5 nighter with a verhandah.

Linda

Yes the airfare is crazy. Wish I could get it for what I paid for tomorrow's trip down. $169.00 r/t. I have been looking and its over $500:scared1:

Linda, I was headed to Folsom to get all my son's new shoes at the Van's outlet. Pretty happy I didn't go. Sections of our fence are new from past storms too, and I keep having to go out and turn on the drain for the pool so that the back yard doesn't flood.

As for airfare, we are hoping my husband has enough flight miles by then for all of our family to fly out on his mileage - he flies to China almost every month for work.

Crap - you know i didn't even think about using my miles?? But I'm trying to hold off on those until we can make it to Hawaii and that Disney resort.

I have our return flight! With miles. I booked it the morning it was available. (12,500 miles)
As far as the getting there flight, American has only posted flights using 25,000 miles. There is no way I will use that many. I check every morning.
We may just pay to fly another airlines? :confused3

A warm welcome :welcome: to Mommyto2Mousers: Chantel , DH Lee , DD Laura (6), DS Logan (8), Grandma, Grandpa of Wetumpka, Al. and Lynchburg, VA, our newest additions to Roll Call.

I've reformatted the Roll Call to condense it some and make it easier to read so please check your information and let me know of any errors.

The FE list is on there also. Later in the summer, I will send a message to those we haven't heard from for a while to see if they are still on board.

It has been raining or snowing for what seems like 3 weeks here. I really want the sun to come out and get me out of this funk I am in. Maybe Monday or Tuesday:sad1:

Talk soon,
Linda

Hi all the days are flying by and I do believe that this will be a totally full cruise !! My best friend and her family were thinking about joining us but the website shows no availability and we also checked BJs site and no availability she is going to check with AAA but I think we are full .
Looks like a rockin NYE on the Dream !!!:cool1:

Keep checking as there may be some cancellations. A friend of mine who is scheduled for this cruise may even cancel as it's full and that worries her. Silly!

My family is REALLY looking forward to this cruise, full or not! :thumbsup2 DH, myself, & our twins are getting ready to repo the Wonder from LA to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. We think of this cruise as our "practice" with the twins to help us get ready for the New Year's Eve cruise!!! :goodvibes

My family is REALLY looking forward to this cruise, full or not! :thumbsup2 DH, myself, & our twins are getting ready to repo the Wonder from LA to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. We think of this cruise as our "practice" with the twins to help us get ready for the New Year's Eve cruise!!! :goodvibes

Can you believe we will be cruising in just a couple of weeks!!!:scared1:
Not ready at all...but this will be a kicked back cruise for us. No Palo's this time, we got burned out on the last two cruises....

Really need to get ready...hope your daughter is doing well after her surgery...see you soon, actually meet you soon :thumbsup2

Due to a reservation mix up we will not be on this cruise. I am having to withdraw us from the meet up and the Fish hanger. You all have fun and hope to meet up another time.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Not ready at all...but this will be a kicked back cruise for us. No Palo's this time, we got burned out on the last two cruises....

Really need to get ready...hope your daughter is doing well after her surgery...see you soon, actually meet you soon :thumbsup2

Denise and Wendy....I am so jealous! You guys go and get her ready...I'll be joining her later in May :lmao: I'll look forward to hearing how the twins do on their first cruise and some great pics from Denise.

Due to a reservation mix up we will not be on this cruise. I am having to withdraw us from the meet up and the Fish hanger. You all have fun and hope to meet up another time.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Things have a way of working themselves out and I do hope we meet on another cruise :flower3:

Linda

Yeah! Can't believe I've been so insane that past few weeks to realize we were both doing both cruises (I did however realize that Linda will be on the ship a few weeks after). Guess I am not as clueless as I could be. :goodvibes

Yes, we are very excited! Counting down the days!!! DD (Lei) is doing well so far. We have another follow up with the GI doctor next week. So much going on!!! Still trying to wrap my head around what to pack, etc. This is a relax cruise for us as well. :cloud9:

Almost forgot... airfare.... Our points are United, and DH acquires more each month. He's currently in China for work, and comes home the day before we fly to LA to board the Wonder. We used up a TON of miles when we took the whole family to Hawaii this past Christmas/New Years, so not sure how many we currently have. We "budget" a personal flight per each China roundtrip (7 trips to China = flights for 7 to FL). :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

We (Paul & Theo . . . yes, we are gay haha. . . just in case it gets confusing . . ), just booked our next Disney Cruise for December 29th, 2011. Happy New Years!

I have been cruising with Disney since before Disney had a cruise! For those of you who remember 'The Big Red Boat', which was Disney's cruise line in the early days. My parents used to take us on that one. Not that I am THAT old lol. I was a little kid then.

Theo and I have done the last 3 New Year's in a row - on Disney Wonder. We even got engaged on the Wonder on New Year's Eve just after midnight in the Outlook Cafe (thanks to the great Disney Cruise staff), in 2009/10.

This will be our 5th time in the Bahamas (oh boy . . blah lol) . . . but our very first time on the DREAM.

We noticed last New Years . . . many of the familiar crew members were gone from the Wonder . . and we are hoping that they simply moved to the Dream!

Anyway, we are super friendly and we will certainly be out and about celebrating as it is not only New Years . . but also our 'anniversary'. Oh yea, and if you end up being our dinner mates . . we tend to be a bit shy at first . . but once we get going . . we have a great time.

We love to explore the ship . . . and have even been known to get a little tipsy and somehow end up at the Karaoke bar . . with a microphone in hand. Please don't come there if you see us . . we are awful!

Certainly, if you see us . . say hi . . . or send me a message here if you have any questions about the cruise . . . I have never been on the Dream . .but we HAVE done the New Years crusie 3 years in a row now. . . Hello Numba 4!!!

We have met people from all over the world on each cruise . . and always have a great great time.

BTW, I believe this cruise is already sold out??? We had a helluva time booking . . . and got really lucky when suddenly one room opened up . . it's inside room . . but that's fine, we can enjoy the fake portal . . . or maybe get lucky and get bumped up . . .but doubt it, considering this cruise appears to be sold out.

Happy New Year!!

Welcome to the cruise Paul and Theo!!
First time New Years Eve for us....I'm sure it will be fun!!! We can't wait to be on the Dream....
We will watch you sing....it's always fun to see someone else be silly....;)
See you in a few months!!! :cool1:

Welcome to the cruise Paul and Theo!!
First time New Years Eve for us....I'm sure it will be fun!!! We can't wait to be on the Dream....
We will watch you sing....it's always fun to see someone else be silly....;)
See you in a few months!!! :cool1:

Thanks Denise!

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE New Year's on Disney . . the deck party is great . . and they are not cheap, by any means, with the Champagne. I think I drank about 12 last time hahah. . it's everywhere! And, I highly recommend that you don't make reservations for any of the "reserved" dining options on NYE . . cause the NYE regular dining options are GREAT!!

I see that you are a DVC member at OLD Key West too . . . so are my parents. Old Key West has been their 'Home' since it went on the market. OKW is very nice and we love it there. This year, Theo and I are going on the cruise, and then on the 3rd we are meeting my parents and sister and brother-in-law, etc at Animal Kingdom Lodge for an additional week. Yipeee!!

See you in December . . in the Karaoke Bar LOL

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter