• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

The family visit was very nice. Grumpy and his grandpa did lots of fishing. Lots. We got to Epcot one day with Grandma. Saw the Muppets another day. And mostly relaxed.

good to hear all went well! we plan on seeing the Muppets on Sat!

I think relaxing is good!!

Relaxing was very nice. We are always on the go, it was nice to just kick back and BREATH!

Now it's back to routine. Grumpy is taking the SAT again on Saturday. Still filling out college applications too. He has another campus tour next week. I was hoping it would coincide with our Disney trip, but it didn't work out that way. It's off by a day or so.

I'm still working on the ambulance bill, but now the ambulance company is advocating for me too! Still amazed that the person who called was able to put a hold on our bill when the last person said it's impossible and would go to collection after a couple more bills were sent to us. If my appeal doesn't work, then the ambulance company is appealing on our behalf.

Anakin is doing better with his seizures. Still having them, but nothing big. It's just a matter of turning him on his side so he doesn't choke when he has them in his sleep. Goofy has been able to sleep through them, so finally one of us is getting a full night's sleep!

So those 5 days of mostly relaxing was very needed! Also for dh's parents. His grandma lives with them and she has end stage alzheimer's disease. She was able to go into respite care for his parents to have a getaway! This was their first in years!!

I need to start packing again! My ticker says 1 day, 12 hours. We have absolutely no ADRs made. Going to completely wing it this time.

I need to start packing again! My ticker says 1 day, 12 hours. We have absolutely no ADRs made. Going to completely wing it this time.

enjoy the trip and POFQ....will look forward to your updates!

we are single digits today...9 until we leave and 10 until we are at the DLR park!!!

It's a cold morning in central Florida. 20 degrees cooler than yesterday morning. Brrrrrrr.

While Anakin does his seat work today, I am hoping to pack. I didn't get much done yesterday. Got some of Anakin's and Grumpy's clothes picked out.

I would really like to go to the candlelight processional this weekend. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator. Perhaps another pumpkin spice funnel cake is in the mix too!

We haven't used our Universal passes since the March trip. I've never seen their Macy's parade and might want to check that out. We also have never checked out Sea World's Christmas set up and might check that out too. I'd also like to see the resort trees, and get our annual picture taken at the Yacht Club's tree.

A lunch at CSR is a must! Goofy, Anakin and I ate there on Monday. Lunch is now a buffet!! It's a QS service for those on the dining plan. For those on the cash plan, it's $16.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids. Drinks are included, but not specialty coffees or alcoholic beverages.

WOOHOO! Have a great trip again! Can't wait to hear how it goes with winging it! :woohoo:

Thanks! There's so much to do and so little time to do it! Winging it works well for us. The only hold up is that Grumpy thinks sleeping til noon or later is part of the plan.

Grumpy is done with that computer class. He got a 94% in the class. Thanks for your help the other weekend!

enjoy the trip and POFQ....will look forward to your updates!

we are single digits today...9 until we leave and 10 until we are at the DLR park!!!

This time we won't be updating from the resort. Free internet at CSR was great last time. POFQ doesn't have that. We are doing another carriage ride, but Anakin doesn't know. It will be a surprise!

Yay for single digit dance to DLR!!

Have a great trip! Cant wait to hear all about it!

Thanks! I hope there is one day warm enough to swim! Anakin wants to try the water slide!

This is why we'd like to head back to CSR's lunch buffet! Copy and pasting my post from the CSR thread.

Pepper Market Lunch Buffet

Sign outside of Pepper Market

2011-12-05073.jpg

Chef Station

2011-12-05074.jpg

2011-12-05081.jpg

2011-12-05080.jpg

2011-12-05079.jpg

Market Station

2011-12-05075.jpg

2011-12-05097.jpg

2011-12-05098.jpg

2011-12-05096.jpg

Pizza and Pasta Station

2011-12-05101.jpg

2011-12-05095.jpg

Just for Kids Station

2011-12-05093.jpg

2011-12-05094.jpg

From the Grill Station

2011-12-05091.jpg

2011-12-05087.jpg

2011-12-05086.jpg

2011-12-05085.jpg

2011-12-05092.jpg

Sandwich Station

2011-12-05090.jpg

2011-12-05088.jpg

Dessert Station

2011-12-05084.jpg

2011-12-05083.jpg

2011-12-05082.jpg

Hey Michelle- getting caught up! Loving the most recent report! I know you said DTD was super busy- thanks for that text. WE will definitely avoid it next year. I book our November trip tomorrow through DVC, we are going Nov 9-17th. We will just avoid DTD during that FEstival of the Masters weekend for sure. :) I loved all the chalk art pics though- so cool!

So are you guys heading back this weekend then? are you staying at CSR again? The buffet does look pretty amazing!! YUM!! I am going to be so jealous if you get to see Neil Patrick Harris at the processional, please take pics of you do. And hope you get to check out Universal too.

now that work has slowed down a bit, hopefully I can stay caught up now!!

Those desserts look WONDERFUL!!! :) I've never seen that market, I may have to one day!!

It's the food court at CSR. They have a new buffet for breakfast and lunch. Ala carte for supper. It's just for a 30 day trial. I hope they continue with it. They do not accept Tables in Wonderland.

Ok, just read about the pumpkin funnel cake....where can I find this??!! LOL I love pumpkin stuff!!!

At the American Pavillion, right near the candlelight processional package entrance. It's a little funnel cake stand. It's close to the pin cart!

Hey Michelle- getting caught up! Loving the most recent report! I know you said DTD was super busy- thanks for that text. WE will definitely avoid it next year. I book our November trip tomorrow through DVC, we are going Nov 9-17th. We will just avoid DTD during that FEstival of the Masters weekend for sure. :) I loved all the chalk art pics though- so cool!

So are you guys heading back this weekend then? are you staying at CSR again? The buffet does look pretty amazing!! YUM!! I am going to be so jealous if you get to see Neil Patrick Harris at the processional, please take pics of you do. And hope you get to check out Universal too.

now that work has slowed down a bit, hopefully I can stay caught up now!!

I hope you get the resort of first choice!

Yes! We are heading back this weekend! We are staying at POFQ for the first time ever. We have stayed at POR many times though. And we checked out Lisa's room when she stayed at FQ in Oct.

We will be doing the standby line, so we'll see how it goes for the processional. I'm sure this will be a pretty popular one.

Grumpy is done with that computer class. He got a 94% in the class. Thanks for your help the other weekend!

So glad to hear he did well! I wasn't any help at all. :lmao: He's a smart boy, it was all him. :thumbsup2

Your pics of the new buffet at PM look awesome! Now I want to go back to CSR just to try more foods. :lmao::rotfl2:

By looking at the pictures it seems that there is a person behind every station and you have to point out what you want, rather than being able to get it yourself.
Am I correct in that assumption?
I always feel uncomfortable going up to a buffet multiple times or filling my plate to the max when I have to request food instead of being able to get it myself.

the buffet looks yummy...lots of great choices!

hope you get to see the processional and some photos of Neil Patrick Harris "Doogie!!!" love him!

have a great trip!

So glad to hear he did well! I wasn't any help at all. :lmao: He's a smart boy, it was all him. :thumbsup2

Your pics of the new buffet at PM look awesome! Now I want to go back to CSR just to try more foods. :lmao::rotfl2:

Thanks, he is a smart boy. Now if these culinary schools could just see that and accept the high school diploma he will get, he will be set. Funny he can get accepted to a state college, but not a technical school. Makes no sense.

By looking at the pictures it seems that there is a person behind every station and you have to point out what you want, rather than being able to get it yourself.
Am I correct in that assumption?
I always feel uncomfortable going up to a buffet multiple times or filling my plate to the max when I have to request food instead of being able to get it myself.

:welcome:

Yes, there is a person behind every station except the salad one. No reason to feel uncomfortable. They aren't judging. For all they know, the 4 quesadilla slices you take back are for 4 different people. A server, on the other hand may see how much food each person gets and consumes if they aren't busy and are nosy. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the food.

the buffet looks yummy...lots of great choices!

hope you get to see the processional and some photos of Neil Patrick Harris "Doogie!!!" love him!

have a great trip!

Not many people know who Doogie is. I was trying to explain to Grumpy who he was, and to my parents and their friends. Grumpy knew him as the guy from Smurfs. My parents and their friends still aren't sure who he is.

hope you are feeling better...

The buffet looks good..especially for a cs credit!

Thanks. Feeling much better today! Now I have to get to packing.

If you decide to eat there for lunch on a Monday or this weekend, let me know. We can meet you there.

Hi there!! I have been totally MIA. I got sick with a nasty flu so I wasn't near my computer and I am now catching up just in time to say have fun!!

Well, being sick and the drama of taking both of my kids from public school and putting them into an accredited online program. What a headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter