Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

I am amazed at how much Anakin has learned from interacting and watching people interact at Disney. He has come such a far way in the last 2 years!!

On Wednesday he wanted to hand out candy to trick or treaters. Two years ago or so he would have run from the costumes. This time he was like a carnival barker standing on our walkway and hollering, "get you candy, over here, I've got candy."

When people would come to him, he would interact with each person before handing them the candy. He would compliment each person on their costume. But there were a couple interactions that just touched my heart.

There was a little girl dressed as Tinker Bell. He greeted her, "Hello Tinker Bell. I'm quite a fan of your work. I have all your movies." Her dad was dressed as Peter Pan. "Would you like some candy too, Peter?"

There there was very little girl dressed as a kitty. He greeted her, "oooh, you are soooo cute. I love your costume. Here, let me get down to your level." He got on his knees to talk to her. Placed the bowl of cany in front of her, "would you like some candy. Here take some." He crouched even lower sitting on his feet, "oh look, now you are bigger than me!" The little smiled and was so happy. It was just the cutest interaction.

Wonder where he learned how to interact like that? To compliment about the costume? Make conversation? I guess he noticed the smallest of details about his interactions with the characters. He did exactly as he saw them do with guests and with him!

Boy has he come a long way!!

He has a come way...what a fun night he had and made it special for all the trick or treaters...I see a CM job in his future!

He has a come way...what a fun night he had and made it special for all the trick or treaters...I see a CM job in his future!

Yes, that or a Walmart greeter! Though if he can have his way, we will be seeing him on stage somewhere.

Hi! Hope all is going well! Loved hearing of Anakins' interactions with the trick or treaters. I believe he does have a future as a cast member or on stage in theater. Smart kid!!!

Hi! Hope all is going well! Loved hearing of Anakins' interactions with the trick or treaters. I believe he does have a future as a cast member or on stage in theater. Smart kid!!!

Haven't seen you around for a couple days, hope all is okay :hug:

Thanks for thinking of me and asking. I'm in a bit of a funk, don't want to go into details. Thank God we live close to Disney as yesterday was a wonderful day to escape reality. We had the opportunity to eat both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest! Pictures are up on my facebook page.

Thanks for thinking of me and asking. I'm in a bit of a funk, don't want to go into details. Thank God we live close to Disney as yesterday was a wonderful day to escape reality. We had the opportunity to eat both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest! Pictures are up on my facebook page.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been in a bit of a funk. Like you said, thankfully, you were able to visit Disney and that helped.

This past Monday we had the opportunity to dine and evaluate the Magic Kingdom’s newest restaurant, Be Our Guest. Lunch and dinner are completely different experiences. They have different menus, way to order food, pay for food, and the list goes on. However, there was one commonality, the food was superb!

DSC_0280.jpg

Lunch begins service at 10:30am. Disney’s dining plan is accepted, it is worth one QS credit. Disney’s Tables in Wonderland is not accepted at lunch, but it is accepted for dinner. We arrived at 10:15 and the queue to eat extended just beyond the bridge. Two families after us, the cm moved that portion of the line across the path and along the construction wall.

This is a picture of the empty bridge. The whole right side of it was filled with people waiting to eat lunch.

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

The gate was opened, but it was where they would close that the queue began for lunch.

DSC_0522.jpg

Once the restaurant opened they allowed only a certain number of people into the building at a time.

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

As you enter through the door, the tapestries and mosaic capture one's attention.

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

When it was our turn we entered a hallway lined on both sides with suits of armor and displays of the menu

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

A cm directed people either to the right or left queues. Each queue ended at a podium. Here a cm gave each party a special rose that is equipped with GPS and instructions to find a table and place the rose in the center of the table after ordering and paying for lunch.

DSC_0293.jpg

Ordering and paying are done at touch screens located in the room after the podium. This room is decorated with a large chair and fireplace. There is a rose pattern and the screen instructs the guest to move the rose over it. The screen asks how many are dining then a menu pops up on the screen. The prompts are user friendly. Payment is also done using the touch screen and credit card scanner.

I took pictures of the room, but didn't take any of the kiosks. I don't know how I missed them.

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

We were told we could choose any dining room, but to quickly make a choice and put the rose in the center of the table. Once the rose was in place we could walk around. There was a beverage station with soda and coffee. Silverware was located on a cart beside the beverage station. Food was delivered to us inside a glass covered cart, condiments were included as was the milk Anakin ordered.

DSC_0298.jpg

Up next...the dining rooms

With the rose on the table we set out to explore the three dining rooms. We chose the Gallery Dining room. There were B&B portraits all over. In the center of the room was a dancing Belle and Beast like one you would see in a music box.

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

The Beverage Station

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

Silverware Cart

DSC_0305.jpg

The Ballroom Dining Room

The view from the windows depicts mountains and snow.

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

The West Wing Dining Room

The ambiance here is dark and dangerous. As soon as Anakin entered the room, he wanted out. The rose with the falling petals that Belle found in the West Wing is the center of attention here. In the blurry picture you can see the glass covered carts that are used to deliver lunch.

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Lunch came when we were done exploring.

Dh ordered a Grilled Steak Sandwich with Garlic Butter Spread and Pommes Frites. He said that the meat was nicely cooked, very tender, melted in his mouth and trimmed of fat. However, he said that he kept feeling like something was missing. Onions, pepper, or more spice would have been good. He said there was some kind of leaf lettuce in it.

DSC_0325.jpg

I ordered French Onion Soup and a Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake. I knew we had dinner reservations for 4:55pm at BOG, so I didn't want to eat too much. The onion soup had a crouton and melted cheese. The description of the cupcake was vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling and cream cheese frosting. Those pink balls on top were crunchy like the crunch you get from a Nestle's Crunch Bar, and very tart like a sweet tart on strawberry overdrive.

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

Anakin got a Kid's Turkey Sandwich. Typically this comes on multigrain bread, but he chokes from the grainy fibers, so I asked if it could either come without bread or on white. It came on what tasted like a tapioca bread. There was turkey and tomatoes on the sandwich. His sides were french fries and peach applesauce. The peach applesauce tasted primarily of peach. Apple could not be detected except in consistency.

DSC_0321.jpg

He does not like tomatoes and would not eat the bread that had tomato imprints. So I got myself a half of tomato sandwich, lol.

DSC_0327.jpg

Those pics are FANTASTIC! I am so happy you shared and that you let me know you posted. THIS will be Lisa's most favorite place in the world, I can't WAIT for her to see it! Thank you for sharing!!!

I am sorry to hear you have been in a funk. I am in one myself and honestly I don't see a quick climb out for me.

You'll have to go again to get those pictures! ;D

I love the decorations. The ceiling is beautiful.

Yeah. the Beast room is rather dark. I don't think it would be very much fun to eat at.

The onion soup looks so good! Oh my! I would love a bowl of it right now!

Those pics are FANTASTIC! I am so happy you shared and that you let me know you posted. THIS will be Lisa's most favorite place in the world, I can't WAIT for her to see it! Thank you for sharing!!!

We all thought of Lisa yesterday, both at Enchanted Tales with Belle where dh was a soldier and JJ was the Beast again and at BOG. She will just love eating there.

I am sorry to hear you have been in a funk. I am in one myself and honestly I don't see a quick climb out for me.

You'll have to go again to get those pictures! ;D

I love the decorations. The ceiling is beautiful.

Yeah. the Beast room is rather dark. I don't think it would be very much fun to eat at.

The onion soup looks so good! Oh my! I would love a bowl of it right now!

It will have to be lunch time, as dinner resies are booked solid 6 months in advance. Our next reservation is around our birthdays in March!

I could sure eat the onion soup now too!!

We all thought of Lisa yesterday, both at Enchanted Tales with Belle where dh was a soldier and JJ was the Beast again and at BOG. She will just love eating there.

It will have to be lunch time, as dinner resies are booked solid 6 months in advance. Our next reservation is around our birthdays in March!

I could sure eat the onion soup now too!!

Six months? Wow! I get it, but wow!

Lunch looks yummy.

I'm sorry about your funk. Despite the fact we have a trip coming up, I've been in one too (I blame it on the cold weather and it being dark so early).

Enjoyed the pictures of BOG! Great concept with the rose! It's very beautiful inside.

Hope you have a better day today. If its sunny- take some "me" time and sit outside. Always makes me feel better!

It's freezing in Cleveland and I actually haven't been outside in 2 days.....going stir crazy at the conference. Sun is coming out today so heading out when we get done with classes to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter