Disney Dolphin or Yacht/Beach Club for teens?

dina_cpa

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are staying at Disney for 5 days in early June. My husband and I are attending a conference at the Dolphin for 2 of the days. We are bringing our 14 year old daughter and her friend with us. We have the option to stay at the Dolphin or Yacht/Beach Club. The price of the Yacht/Beach Club is $30 more per night. The girls will probably hang out at the pool for one of the conference days and may walk to Epcot on the other conference day. Which hotel would you recommend for the teen girls to enjoy most? We don't mind paying more for the hotel if they would enjoy the amenities at the Y/BC more. Thanks!

I have never stayed at the Dolphin but we do love the BC. The pool at SAB is so fun - the girls will love floating in the lazy river, going down the water slide and just enjoy the hot tubs and over all pool complex. It is a 5 minute walk to Epcot from Beach Club - 10-15 from Dolphin (not that much longer)
I would pick the BC or YC for $30 more any day!

Either is probably fine, but I'd probably pay the extra for the Y/BC if its ok for your budget. Y/BC is more a beach-like environment and has the Disney theming. The Dolphin is a great hotel, but look at the reason you're going in the first place...it's a conference hotel. The atmosphere at the Dolphin will be far more businesslike at the Dolphin, while the Y/BC will have more of a family atmosphere...I think they may have a better chance of finding other kids to hang out with too at the Y/BC. Plus you get the Disney benefits at Y/BC...Magical Express, EMH, etc.

I agree with the others. I've stayed at Dolphin, YC and BC and would recommend BC for the girls (YC would be my second choice). BC has a really fun vibe, it's a super quick walk to EP and SAB is a lot of fun.

Yacht Club if you can swing it! I prefer the quiet atmosphere of YC to BC. And I have read they are doing renovations over at S&D.

The girls will absolutely love Stormalong Bay!!

Won't the girls get magic bands at BC/YC, but not at dolphin/swan? Since it's not a disney hotel they don't get some of the disney perks. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. So, that could be incentive to give them the more "disney" experience as well.

~Cari~ pluto:

Won't the girls get magic bands at BC/YC, but not at dolphin/swan? Since it's not a disney hotel they don't get some of the disney perks. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. So, that could be incentive to give them the more "disney" experience as well.

~Cari~ pluto:

Yes and no. They won't be given Magic Bands if staying at the Dolphin, but anyone can purchase them (around $13) and link their tickets to them

Are you flying in? If so, and don't want to rent a car, then the magical express service is nice to have. For a small difference, I'd say go with the Yacht/Beach Club! They'll get magic bands that you can customize (if you have time still). The pool is great at the Swan and Dolphin, but they would probably love Stormalong Bay!

On the Disney benefits: Dolphin has EMH, 60-day FP+, complimentary parking at the parks, and the same transportation as all Disney resorts. Merchandise you purchase can be delivered to the lobby.

It does not have 180+10 for ADRs, free Magic Bands, Magical Express, or the option to purchase the DDP.

If I recall, the Swan and Dolphin do get EMH. Still, I think the teens would love the Yacht or Beach Club!
Magical Express saves a bunch of money too.

Definitely stay at YC. I can't believe you're getting it for only $30 more - Are you sure because it is usually 75 +++ more per night. How? Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter