• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dollars!

ajk1482

Earning My Ears
I recently found out as of Oct 3rd Disney discontinued the disney dollar and replaced it with gift cards. Gift cards are not nearly as exciting as getting disney dollars and seeing the castle and all the different characters. Does anyone else feel the same way? Has anyone else heard about this?

So sad! I loved the Disney Dollars, they were so fun to give as gifts prior to a trip. I can understand gift cards, but you are right, they are not as fun.

I assume they will still never expire? I have alot that I was saving for next years trip.

:) I purchased 40 dollars from the Disney Store in Mobile, AL Sunday and the salesclerk said it was the last day they would be selling them at the Stores. However, she said you would still be able to purchase them in WDW and they would still be redeemable in the Disney Stores, WDW, etc. So not all is lost....I was disappointed, too and so were they...:sad1:

I know someone that purchased them threw the mail last week for a birthday gift. Disney store closed by us a while back. So to my knowledge you can buy from Disney world or land that way also.

11.gif

That sucks! I was going to make a trip this month to buy some. On another thread I read that you can order them from WDW, but shipping will be $15.:confused3

:) I purchased 40 dollars from the Disney Store in Mobile, AL Sunday and the salesclerk said it was the last day they would be selling them at the Stores. However, she said you would still be able to purchase them in WDW and they would still be redeemable in the Disney Stores, WDW, etc. So not all is lost....I was disappointed, too and so were they...:sad1:

omg thank you so much for letting us know !!i was so sad when i read the first post !! when i head up there in december i'll be sure to buy a good amount.

Oh that does stink...but I do like the gift cards for safe keeping in my wallet.

This is one Disney decision that makes me sad. My grandchildren loved finding them in their stockings and Easter eggs.

I will be certain to buy lots on our next trip to the World. We use Disney Dollars to help our children budget their spending on our trips. So why do I need to go to the Disney Store? I can get everything either online or I have to wait until a visit. :sad2:

I was soo sad to hear about them not selling the Disney Dollars anymore. I have been giving them as gifts for years. I use them as motivation for my kids now and when I told my daughter (after my trip to the Disney Store and found I couldn't get anymore) that they didn't have them anymore she cried. She said Why Mommy...I LOVE them. :guilty: The gift certificates don't hold the appeal that the Disney Dollars do.

I thought the manager at the store told me that they parks are not going to sell them anymore either??? She said they would honor them to buy stuff but not sell them anymore?? I"ll be down in December and hopefully they still sell them there.

I really don't understand the logic for this...

I mean Disney Dollars had to be a big money earner.

You pay Disney $20 to get a piece of paper that's worth nothing except at Disney, and the majority of them go home with the buyer as a momento.

I imagine they cost pennies to make, not including initial design costs so for Disney, that is literally a licence to print money!

:confused:

So, if someone goes to the Disney Store to buy "Disney Dollars" they get a much safer gift card instead. I don't have a problem with that. But can they still be used at the Parks?

Hoping to ask for Disney Dollars (now Disney Giftcards) for our trip in Jan. for Christmas. Hopefully, we'll get enough to cover a meal or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter