Disney Dollars useable on board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dcherry, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dcherry

dcherry Mouseketeer

I did a search for this question but could not find an answer. Can you use DIsney Dollars on board the ships?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

The ship is cash free. You will be given a Key to the World Card for all purchases onboard. You can use your dollars at Guest Services at anytime to settle your account, in part or in full..

4. feenie

feenie DIS Veteran

You can have them applied to your stateroom account.
    Go to Guest services and they will take care of it for you.:goodvibes

5. Henryseafood

Henryseafood Earning My Ears

:coffee: i just used a gift of 100 disney dollars on the wonder i gave it as a tip the smile was soooo worth it

6. Frankiesmom

Frankiesmom DIS Veteran

I always give them to the kids at xmas or easter and when the tooth fairy comes. Then we use them on the ship or @ WDW.

7. lowery1226

lowery1226 Baby NNP

Okay so just to clarify...I can tip room service delivery people with Disney Dollars? If so what a great idea!

8. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

We have our Disney Rewards Card of $200.00 and Disney Dollars of $350.00 that we were going to put on our stateroom acct.

This may never happen but what if we apply our Disney Dollars to our acct. and we don't use all of our stateroom credit...ex. apply $500.00 to our stateroom acct. but only spend $400.00 of it. Do you get the $100.00 back and if so does it come back to you in Disney Dollars or US currency?

9. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

Yes, you most certainly can.

10. GGBacha

GGBacha Mouseketeer

Okay, I'm confused. I just applied for my Disney Card (to redeem my points), but I don't know what Disney Dollars are. I just assumed they were the same thing. I guess I'm getting Reward Dollars. What are Disney Dollars?

11. ILoveDisney&Cruising

ILoveDisney&Cruising <font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w

It's Disney currency (like Monopoly money) in various denominations $1, 5, 10, etc. with different characters on each bill.

You can buy them at the Disney Store and other places. We sometimes buy them for our boys and give as gifts, or special incentives - then they have Disney spending money on our trips.

Their $ value is just the same as regular money -- and can be spent like cash.

12. ILoveDisney&Cruising

ILoveDisney&Cruising <font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w