Disney Dollars Still Available?

spokanemom

DIS Veteran
My friend has asked me to pick up some Disney Dollars for her children while I am there next week. However, I don't know if they still sell them at DL/DCA/DTD.

Gift cards just won't do. ;)

TIA!

We had this problem last year when we took the kids at Christmastime. My kiddos are too young to understand using a gift card and how much money is on it -- we wanted them to visually see how much they were spending. Anyway, there are a couple places in the parks where you can still get them. We got ours at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. You cannot get them at Disney stores anymore. Good luck - and have fun!

It's been a while since I bought any, but the last three places where I did purchase some were the Emporium on Main Street, City Hall, and Star Traders in Tomorrowland.

We just bought some a couple weeks ago. The Emporium on Main Street sent us to City Hall and that's where we bought ours.

We got some $1 for the boys to buy their own snacks at City Hall last week :goodvibes

I purchased a $10 at City Hall a few weeks ago. I just love the designs!

Star Traders even had a sign up behind the register saying that Disney Dollars were available for purchase.

Sorry to jump in but....

Can you use these dollars at ALL food outlets and shops easily??

Thay sound like a great idea for our next trip

Does anyone know if you can order some online and have them shipped to you? I wanted to add some for each of the kids backpacks of goodies that they will have on the trip down there.

Does anyone know if you can order some online and have them shipped to you? I wanted to add some for each of the kids backpacks of goodies that they will have on the trip down there.

I think you can, but they charge shipping. Since Disney Dollars are simply worth what is on the piece of paper, it means you're paying an extra cost to use your own money.

What some people have done is make up their own to give to their kids, while putting real money aside, then as soon as you arrive, get the DDollars and swap them out with the ones you made at home.

I second asking for a picture of a recent DD please. I forgot to buy one when I was there. I enjoying seeing (and collecting) them
Thank you!

What some people have done is make up their own to give to their kids, while putting real money aside, then as soon as you arrive, get the DDollars and swap them out with the ones you made at home.

Great idea! I was trying to figure out how to get a gift card to Canada and it was so expensive. :faint: This will be a fun thing to put in their stockings. What denominations are available and what characters are on each?

image0014-300x255.jpg

I'm so bummed they aren't available at Disney stores anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter