Disney Dollars question

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
I'm wondering if you can use disney dollars at counter service, sit down restaurants or snack carts in the parks or at Chef Mickeys? I'm trying to figure out how much money to take in disney dollars and I've never used them for any of these. Thanks!

Disney dollars can be used anywhere within the theme parks and water parks. At DD I believe they can only be used within the World of Disney. Disney dollars are just that....dollars, but instead of George Washington or Lincoln faces you have Mickey or Minnie! :) Double check on where they can be used at DD. As far as the parks go....just go for it and have fun!! :smooth:

~~~Denise :wave:

I used them throughout the parks and while shopping at DTD. My kids bring their own DD's and when it is gone it is gone. The only question I got was where do you get these? And others wanted the clerks to give them the DD's I had used for their change:D ! Have a good time.

You can use DD anywhere. I used them at rainforest in Downtown Disney.

My kids ask for DD from their relatives for birthdays or for Christmas depending on when our next trip is planned. My oldest DS and I just discussed this about 1/2 an hour ago, because he's already saving $ for our Feb. trip and is plannig to ask for DD for Christmas from his grandparents. He has saved a DD from each trip we've taken because a CM told him they change designs and he should hold onto some. If they don't spend all of their DD they can be traded in for green money before you leave WDW.

If you pay a restaurant or room service bill with them can you include the tip, using the Disney dollars? I hope to bring about $400 and wasn't sure about this. In other words, if a server/CM gets Disney dollars as a tip can they turn it into cash for themselves?

They most certainly do. I asked a server about this and they said at the end of the night, they just exchange their DD for "real" dollars! :rolleyes: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter