Disney Dollars for 2005

BarbaraK

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone:

Has anyone purchased the commemorative Disney Dollars for 2005? I checked with our local Disney Store and was told they didn't have them and were not sure they would receive them. Maybe It's too soon to be looking for them.
I was lucky enough to purchase the $1.00 Disney Dollar (Chicken Little) in WDW last December and would like to get the $5.00 and $10.00 to add to my collection.
Any information I can get will be appreciated.

Thanks,
BarbaraK

Apparently, most of the Disney Stores do not have ANY Disney Dollars. :sad1: Once they run out of the old ones, they have to wait until the new ones are issued to get more. I would guess the new ones should be out shortly. (I was going to give them to DD for Easter and her birthday. Now she will get cash, which is to Disney's disadvantage because she can spend that anywhere! :scratchin )

I am a TDS CM and we have been sold out for weeks now as are the rest of the stores in our area. The last info I was told on the new Disney Dollars is that we won't have them until May sometime!!! Ugghh! I buy these often for spending $$ for my trips. Hope the redesigns are really cute and worth the wait.

The word seems to be that the new ones will be out in May - just AFTER our trip.....sigh. Any rumors on the new designs? :hyper2:

My guess is that it has to do with the postponement of Chicken Little. It was originally to be released in June...now November or December.

I've read that Disney is printing Disney Dollars to tie-in with this worldwide celebration thing (Disneyland's 50th.) They probably pulled the plug on the Chicken Little DDs before an alternative had been designed and issued.

Does WDW have Disney Dollars or are they out too? When we arrive can I buy some at the resort for Dniece?

Shelly

I was in my local Disney store a few days ago looking for Disney dollars for Easter gifts. The CM told me the same as you are all hearing...sometime in May :scared: . She did however, give me a pre-printed note card stating that they can be requested by mail by calling WDW CRO at (407) 934-7639. Just thought I'd pass that info along, though I do agree Disney dropped the ball on this one. :confused3

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question. I'll check the Disney stores in May. You're correct Disney dropped the ball on this one.

Thanks again,
BarbaraK

shellybaxter said:
Does WDW have Disney Dollars or are they out too? When we arrive can I buy some at the resort for Dniece?

Shelly

WDW does have Disney Dollars. I purchased some at Guest Relations at DTD yesterday.

Our Disney Store here in Clearwater FL has $1 and $5. I just bought some two weeks ago for our last trip. The $1 had Mickey and I cant remember what the $5 had since its been spent ;)
(I am new to Disney dollars, how often do they do them and are they always different characters?)

We like many of you were hoping to have Disney Dollars for Easter baskets. You can call that number, but you must send a check to order. I can't believe Disney didn't have the foresight to make sure the Disney Stores had enough available until the new ones are ready. Oh well, in 5 weeks we'll be there and won't care!!! Woo hoo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter