Disney Dollars at Disney Store?

DisneyMama27

Mouseketeer
Do they still sell those? I thought it would be fun to pay my kids for extra jobs using these, so they aren't tempted to spend their money before the trip (they don't know when, just that we'll go sometime). Anyone know?

yep - and they have gift cards now that you can use onsite - that might be easier to keep track of :)

You used to be able to get them via a 1-800 number through Disney Shopping.

I think www.disneyshopping.com has the gift cards on their site now, though. Just be sure it's the Disney Gift card NOT the Disney Shopping gift card :)

Yes, they sell them at the Disney Store. I buy them for incentives for my granddaughter, especially for school. She can't wait to let me know of something special that happened at school to see if it merited a disney dollar! She's earned quite a few for our vacation this month. She'll have her own spending mone. :thumbsup2

can anyone tell me what Disney Dollars and/or a Disney Gift card can actually be used for in WDW? Can they be used in exchange for cash for anything at WDW? Only shopping? Is either one more widely accepted?

Can Disney Dollars be used in Once Upon A Toy store in Downtown Disney?

mouseketeer_mom said:
can anyone tell me what Disney Dollars and/or a Disney Gift card can actually be used for in WDW? Can they be used in exchange for cash for anything at WDW? Only shopping? Is either one more widely accepted?
They can be used for anything at WDW--food, tickets, souvenirs, etc. I'm using ours to pay for our dining plan b/c we need to pay cash through a DVCer.

lpbm4 said:
They can be used for anything at WDW--food, tickets, souvenirs, etc. I'm using ours to pay for our dining plan b/c we need to pay cash through a DVCer.

While this is true of the disney dollars, the disney gift card can't be used at the hotel to pay for your room or your dining plan. They are not set up to accept them. At least that is the last I heard. you will be able to at some point but not yet.

Thank you for the link! I'm thinking about getting one for each of my kids to stick in their stocking since we're going in February! Then they'll feel cool spending their own money in WDW (they're 3 and 5!)

so Disney Dollars can be used anywhere in WDW for anything (ie meals, souvies, resort stay, snacks) just as cash can be used? Am correct in understanding that the Disney Gift card is for just meals and souvies?

Sorry to have so many questions about this. My parents are going to give my kids some spending money for our trip and I'm wondering if there is an advantage to one or the other. Likewise, they have hinted at giving us some extra money for our trip as a Christmas gift.

nowellsl said:
While this is true of the disney dollars, the disney gift card can't be used at the hotel to pay for your room or your dining plan. They are not set up to accept them. At least that is the last I heard. you will be able to at some point but not yet.
Really? I was unaware of this. :confused3 Our Disney Stores are substituting the cards for Disney Dollars now so that you can add on money to the cards. I'm going to have to find out about this b/c I have a good$100 in cards that I was planning on using towards our DDP. Thanks for letting me know!! :thumbsup2

lpbm4 said:
Really? I was unaware of this. :confused3 Our Disney Stores are substituting the cards for Disney Dollars now so that you can add on money to the cards. I'm going to have to find out about this b/c I have a good$100 in cards that I was planning on using towards our DDP. Thanks for letting me know!! :thumbsup2

On the website they state that using them for WDW packages at WDW is "coming soon", and I have read other posts of people who where unable to use them at the front desk towards their room/dining plan. I do think they intend to have that option available but haven't got them set up for that yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter