Disney doesn't care if you cannot afford it

That kinda makes a day pass for the Disney parks seem cheap compared to the ball games.............especially when you take into account that the park pass is for all day, not just 3 or 4 hours.

AKK

What people don't understand is todays capitalism. The days of Mom & Pop buying stocks in a company are long gone. It is now large hedge companys that buy thousand if not millions of shares in a company. Let's look at Disney, if they make a 5% profit for that quarter, you may say that is good, but, they were projected to make 7%. Well, the hedge companies say thats not good enough and sell the shares they have, which in turn lowers the stock price, and Disney looses money on its stocks. The bottom line is that Disney HAS to make money every quarter, which they usually do, for the share holder, so, you will see the price, I'm afraid, go up every year now, and more and more will not be able to enjoy the parks.

What people don't understand is todays capitalism. The days of Mom & Pop buying stocks in a company are long gone. It is now large hedge companys that buy thousand if not millions of shares in a company. Let's look at Disney, if they make a 5% profit for that quarter, you may say that is good, but, they were projected to make 7%. Well, the hedge companies say thats not good enough and sell the shares they have, which in turn lowers the stock price, and Disney looses money on its stocks. The bottom line is that Disney HAS to make money every quarter, which they usually do, for the share holder, so, you will see the price, I'm afraid, go up every year now, and more and more will not be able to enjoy the parks.
As a stockholder I just checked the DIS stock for today ...it is up and has been. I think there are still plenty of Mom & Pops out there buying stock, just not on a large scale.

Life is about choices and priorities. We live in a Dallas suburb and a couple times a year I look at buying 4 tickets and taking the family to a Cowboys game. Even with a 2-6 season thus far, to do so could easily run me $2000 or more for ONE AFTERNOON. Decent seats will run $400-$500 a piece. Last time there I paid $75 to park almost 1/2 a mile away in a sketchy lot that I hope my car was still there when I got back. Beer runs $15, soda $8, etc. I choose not to go very often - and yet last Sunday there were over 93,000 people there that did. I typically only go when I get access to the company suite.

I knew NFL games were expensive but yikes! I've been to lots of NBA & MLB games. Never NFL. I'd like to someday....but I don't know I'd spend that. Or anything near that. LOL! I don't really follow sports. I'm no particular fan of any team or game. Just like the fun & excitement of being there. I could wear a solid white shirt that says "Yay Sports!" and that'd do for me. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter