Disney Doctors - Tingling in right hand and right toe

DisneyPrince1982

DIS Veteran
I have a Dr. appointment in a few weeks to get to the bottom of this but curious if any of you have ever experienced minor tingling/numbness in right hand fingers and right foot toe? It doesn't interfere with anything I do but I can feel it, more so when I'm not moving around.

Any thoughts? From what I've read, diabetes can be a cause but I don't think there is any in the world I have that since I experience almost none of the symptoms associated with it.

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm guessing either a pinched nerve or a cut off of blood circulation (like when a body extremity "goes to sleep").

I have neck spasms on my left side and this can sometimes cause tingling in my left fingertips and toes.

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm guessing either a pinched nerve or a cut off of blood circulation (like when a body extremity "goes to sleep").

I lift weights a lot, use to do a deadlift and squat, but after numerous times of hurting my back, I retired those exercises, and haven't had any back issues since. However, I'm wondering if perhaps during the last injury (which took about 4 weeks to recover from), I suffered a slipped disc which is potentially pressing up against some nerves?

DH had tingling and numbness in his left arm/hand for months. He discussed it with his doctor at his physical and he thought it was just a pinched nerve. The symptoms finally went away.

Do you get migraines at all? Sometimes I get numbness or tingling in the extremities before a migraine hits. The worst started out in my left thumb and moved across all my fingers, up my arm, and down the entire left side of my body. I swear my left butt cheek and the left half of my tongue were number. That's a very odd sensation. I thought for sure I had had a stroke or something but it turned out to be a migraine.

I'm going to vote that this is a nerve issue due to it being on one side and involves tingling/numbness. Diabetes does cause issues with extremities due to poor circulation and neuropathy but since you have no other symptoms, I doubt this would be the *first* diabetes symptom that would show up unless you had a way of ignoring the earlier signs (and people are darn good at doing that). I also don't think it would be limited to one side in diabetes.

I have bulging/herniated disks x 2. As I type this I haven't been able to feel the toes on my left foot for 6 wks. Unless I want surgery to fuse my disks (or whatever they'd mess with in there), & I don't, I'm going to have to live with it.

Stretching helps to relieve the pressure on my nerves - I lay on my back on the floor, feet elevated on a footstool for 30 mins. If it's really bad, my DH pushes down & out on my hipbones while I'm bent at the waist.

My problems started after my pregnancy with my twins & comes & goes in severity.

I have bulging/herniated disks x 2. As I type this I haven't been able to feel the toes on my left foot for 6 wks. Unless I want surgery to fuse my disks (or whatever they'd mess with in there), & I don't, I'm going to have to live with it.

Stretching helps to relieve the pressure on my nerves - I lay on my back on the floor, feet elevated on a footstool for 30 mins. If it's really bad, my DH pushes down & out on my hipbones while I'm bent at the waist.

My problems started after my pregnancy with my twins & comes & goes in severity.

My gut instinct is that it is related to the back injuries I've suffered while lifting. I don't have pain associated with herniated so I'm guessing it's more in the category of a slipped disc. Not sure if that requires surgery or just patience/rest to heal. Nonetheless, my back doesn't hurt at all anymore since I've eliminated the squat/deadlift from my workouts. I'll probably mention this to my doc and have him take a look at my back, something is amiss back there.

Last edited:
That was the first symptom that i had with what was eventually diagnosed as pernicious anemia (very low B-12). For me it was the left side fingers and toes, but I am told it can be either.

The back issues sound very likely to be the culprit though.

That was the first symptom that i had with what was eventually diagnosed as pernicious anemia (very low B-12). For me it was the left side fingers and toes, but I am told it can be either.

The back issues sound very likely to be the culprit though.

The B12 thing I suppose is possible. Did you have any symptoms for that?

It was just the tingling for years, which grew to be in larger areas over time, but very slowly. And then eventually I was also having panic attacks and total numbness in my toes whenever thy got a little cold. I'd say the tinglings was just fingers and toes for at least 6 months, then spread slowly into more of my feet, eventually a little in a iine up from my fingers towards my elbow, etc but that was a process of almost 2 years before the panic attacks and numb toes started.

Actually, after I was diagnosed, looking back my "normal for you" fast heart rate and my lack of appetite while not losing weight were symptoms, but I didn't notice how rarely i was hungry until I was being treated and felt hungry again---it was not on my radar at all, the the faster heart rate was not something even doctors attributed to anything other than me being weird.

My gut instinct is that it is related to the back injuries I've suffered while lifting. I don't have pain associated with herniated so I'm guessing it's more in the category of a slipped disc. Not sure if that requires surgery or just patience/rest to heal. Nonetheless, my back doesn't hurt at all anymore since I've eliminated the squat/deadlift from my workouts. I'll probably mention this to my doc and have him take a look at my back, something is amiss back there.
Neck and/or back ...just a guess, based on my own personal experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter