• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Direct Sale~ Costumes up to 50% off & PJ pals are $9.99

CheapMom said:
Oh Drat- I paid full price for Buzz at TDS 2 weeks ago!!!

Call them to get an adjustment. As long as your purchase was within the last month, they'll give you back the difference. I bought Pocahontas 2 weeks ago and got my adjustment this morning. With the stacking and the new sale price, I got the costume for less than $10! :cool1:

Are you serious? I wasn't going to call since I used the stacking. I figured that my total would be too low to qualify for the free shipping then.

lbgraves said:
Are you serious? I wasn't going to call since I used the stacking. I figured that my total would be too low to qualify for the free shipping then.

I swear! :teeth: When the person I talked to read me the amount I paid for the costume and the matching crown/necklace set, he quoted the prices with the percentages off only. His screen must not have shown the other discounts (the 2 $10 off codes I used). :confused3 My order total before the adjustments was 34.90 (for all 4 items I purchased). The total adjustments he gave me today were $15.50.

I got onto the site, but it being very moody. It adds extra thigns ti my cart, takes thigns from my cart and won't let me sign in!

dis ms. said:
I swear! :teeth: When the person I talked to read me the amount I paid for the costume and the matching crown/necklace set, he quoted the prices with the percentages off only. His screen must not have shown the other discounts (the 2 $10 off codes I used). :confused3 My order total before the adjustments was 34.90 (for all 4 items I purchased). The total adjustments he gave me today were $15.50.

Now I'm wondering if I should risk calling ..... I also stacked a couple of codes and got a great deal on a Jessica Rabbit costume for me & KP for DD ... but now the JR costume is about $30 less than when I ordered it ....

Do you think I should give them a call and see if they'll adjust it? Or just take the discounts that I got and be happy with it??

OnTheDanforth said:
Now I'm wondering if I should risk calling ..... I also stacked a couple of codes and got a great deal on a Jessica Rabbit costume for me & KP for DD ... but now the JR costume is about $30 less than when I ordered it ....

Do you think I should give them a call and see if they'll adjust it? Or just take the discounts that I got and be happy with it??

Well, I think it's worth a try. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I had no problem whatsoever. It might depend on the rep that you get. But, it seems as if their screen doesn't show them the $10 off discounts, so they only see the percentages off. If this is true, they can't see what you really paid.

I guess it's really up to you, but I'm glad I took the chance!

I just called and got the price adjustment for the 4 PJ pals I ordered on the 5th! No problems. :cool1:

I just figured that there should be a 16.28 difference. Debating about calling though. Did you just tell them that you looked on the site & noticed that the things you bought are on sale now?

lbgraves said:
I just figured that there should be a 16.28 difference. Debating about calling though. Did you just tell them that you looked on the site & noticed that the things you bought are on sale now?

::yes:: That's all you need to tell them. The person will confirm the amount you paid (including whatever percentages off discounts you used) and the sale amount, then he/she should tell you the difference and what your adjustment will be. Good luck!

I just purchased stuff Sunday night with the $45 off $150 and I paid $24.50 for Buzz and now he is $16.99. Will they really give me the difference if I call?

andijean said:
I just purchased stuff Sunday night with the $45 off $150 and I paid $24.50 for Buzz and now he is $16.99. Will they really give me the difference if I call?

They should! I just told them I had two orders with PJ pals that I paid $12.99 for and they are now $9.99 and I was wondering if I could get a credit and she said "no problem". She didn't comment about any code discounts.

:cool1: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Ok -- so I crossed my fingers and gave them a call ....

Jessica Rabbit was on sale for $69.50. With 2 10% off codes, I paid $55.60. Today it is on sale for $39.99. So I called them and they just processed a credit to my Card in the amount of $15.61!! So they do take the discounted price you paid and credit you off of that!

They said that anything that has come down in price in the last 30 days can be price credited ONCE .. that is ... now that i got a price adjustment today, if it goes down again tomorrow, I can't call back and get ANOTHER credit!

THat said, I asked about the backpack and lunch tote that I got my DD a few weeks ago! Yep -- that qualified too!! I originally paid $24.98 for the Kim Possible set, now its on sale for $13.98, so I got a credit of $11.55 ((the eleven dollar difference plus 5% sales tax for Massachusetts!!)) ...

Give them a call -- it can't hurt! I'm still in shock -- one phone call got me $27 in credits to my CC!!!

I just wish I had always known about the Price change policy -- I think of all the times I bought something, only to see it go on sale a few days later!!

Oh well -- lesson learned!! :cool1:

Mental Note: Watch for sales on KP costume!!! :rotfl:

How do I stack the codes? It is only letting me use the 25% off Disney Visa code.
Thanks for the help!

From what I 've been able to gather on here ... seems they caught on to it, and stacking the codes right now wont work. Plus it seems to be having negative repercussions.

Though I just got the credits I mentioned above, part of me is still fearing they'll figure out I stacked on the order and they'll hit me for the total amount of what I should have spent in the first place ...

I could be wrong though -- someone else may have been able to stack within the last day or so -- i tried it for the heck of it and it wouldn't work .. :confused3

Well, if I add the two orders that I did last month that is another difference of 17.51 and 14.51. Hmmm...I might just have to call. :)

I just called and had no problem getting the money credited for the Power Ranger costume I bought last month. Great tip! Thanks for the info!!

OnTheDanforth said:
From what I 've been able to gather on here ... seems they caught on to it, and stacking the codes right now wont work. Plus it seems to be having negative repercussions.

Though I just got the credits I mentioned above, part of me is still fearing they'll figure out I stacked on the order and they'll hit me for the total amount of what I should have spent in the first place ...

I could be wrong though -- someone else may have been able to stack within the last day or so -- i tried it for the heck of it and it wouldn't work .. :confused3

Yep. Our stacking days are over. I don't think anyone's been able to get it to work lately.

Legally, I don't think that they can charge us additional money for orders that have already been paid, shipped and closed. They would at least have to notify us first to place another charge on our cards, I would think. I just don't think they are likely to do that. I mean, they did ship the items for the total we paid. So, to come back now and expect more money? I don't see that happening. I would imagine the worst they could do at this point is decide not to give us the adjustments we called for.

I just orderd a bunch of pajamas- regular $19.99 for $9.99 ea. I used the 10% discount code and got them for $8.99ea! Also they have summer stuff really cheap, I got a Nemo patio set - 2 chairs, table and umbrella reg. $50.00 for $8.99!!!!!

Here is a code for free shipping for orders over $50.00: FREESHIP50 pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter