Disney Dining..

TLSnell1981

Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine
..pretty much over it. We've already cut back, and after this last week...ugh!! Rushed, mediocre, overpriced...sums it up. The only great experience was Tutto Italia. It was a wonderful, relaxed dinner.:thumbsup2

I know, Tutto isn't owned by Disney, and that IS a huge factor;) Our 2 year old DGS ordered from the child's menu, but they refused to charge "the bambino". The gratuity wasn't automatically included, although we were a party of 6..by Disney standards (the under 3 child). Needless to say, a very generous amount was added. Our server said, it was too much. So different from the other restaurants..tips were included, but some servers ASKED for more. Sure fire way to make sure, no extra is added.;)

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Of our 8 TS meals in August I can happily say that the food was good at them all and our service was never rushed in fact our only complaint was slow service at a couple of places.

Overpriced, absolutely, which is why we always get the Dining Plan. I was shocked at how much the OOP prices had increased this year.

Yes! I said the same thing to my husband I'm over it too. Ate at Yak and Yeti and the food was good but the service was very poor, Ohana B'fast good character interaction, but poor service and ok food (can't really do too much with b'fast food) we felt very rushed here. Liberty Tree Tavern good food but crazy loud. I'm a teacher too so I can drown out a lot of noise but it was near impossible to do here. Saw them give birthday cupcakes out and when I asked if my daughter could get an alternate desert he said no they could only give her ice cream.
Now with that being said at Mama Melrose and Kona Cafe we experienced great service and great food.

However, with our meals totaling 75.00- 100.00 it should have all been stellar. Nothing was worth what the oop cost would have been. The dining plan is hurting the dining experience in my opinion.

..pretty much over it. We've already cut back, and after this last week...ugh!! Rushed, mediocre, overpriced...sums it up. The only great experience was Tutto Italia. It was a wonderful, relaxed dinner.:thumbsup2

I know, Tutto isn't owned by Disney, and that IS a huge factor;) Our 2 year old DGS ordered from the child's menu, but they refused to charge "the bambino". The gratuity wasn't automatically included, although we were a party of 6..by Disney standards (the under 3 child). Needless to say, a very generous amount was added. Our server said, it was too much. So different from the other restaurants..tips were included, but some servers ASKED for more. Sure fire way to make sure, no extra is added.;)

Have to agree with you....Tutto Italia was definitely our favorite as well. The food and service were both outstanding. We paid OOP a couple weeks ago because we were staying at the Swan & the dining was so expensive, it was ridiculous. The only meal that was really worth the price was Tutto. Disney really wants everyone to stay on property & get the dining plan. Now they are even combining some of the lunch & dinner menus into one menu so you can't even get a lower price at lunch.

I can not believe someone actually ASKED for more. Completely agree with you. If anyone asks my DH for more after we have done accordingly they will probably be lucky to get anything at all ;). And before I am flamed, no we aren't cheapskates (spelling wrong I'm sure :))

I was surprised we had such good service while we were there after reading so many bad reports. We never had a long wait, were never rushed, the food was always good & nobody asked for bigger tips... they wouldn't like my response to that. :mad:

Yeah, it's all way overpriced. Can't argue that one.

I totally agree. They really need to improve the food. The Dining Plan has ruined the Disney Dining Experience. We also felt rushed at Ohana. I felt like they want to get you IN and then get you OUT. Everything was rushed, you couldn't even finish one entree and they were bringing the 2nd and 3rd. It was ridiculous. Prices are ridiculous too!

thanks for posting.

Brunette

Agree that the dining plan has dumbed down the menus and put less of a focus on service.

Sure...there will still be a lot of great service experiences because you get some great people working in those restaurants. But hey let's face it...if I knew I was getting a guaranteed 18% tip vs. not knowing what I'm gonna get...there's a good possibility that I'll work harder for the non-guaranteed money.

I think these plans have caused numerous issues that Disney is now trying to band-aid instead of actually fixing the issue (eliminating the plans)

Just my opinion though :)

Sorry that all your dining wasn't exceptional--but I'm really glad to hear that Tutto Italia was. It's one of the new places we're going to try on our upcoming trip!

Sorry to hear that you had such bad experiences! :confused3:

I've yet to really have a bad experience while dining at Disney - the worst I ever had was quite a number of years ago at Sci-Fi, but that was ages ago and the menu has improved greatly there, at least.

We really had some experiences this year that are going to make us cut back next year. We tried Trails End and it was mediocre, definitely not worth what they charge....we were charged the same at Trails End as we were the next morning at Crystal Palace and they have characters and a larger selection of food.

We also went back to Hollywood and Vine....breakfast was again, DELISH and we will be back. Sci Fi was good and the service was excellent, but we stick with the basics here...burgers, reubens and milkshakes LOL The Plaza was good but service was questionable. Our waitress was very dry and you could really tell she was forcing her smile just to get through her 'shift'.

The one place we were most surprised by was Garden Grill, we ate there 2 years ago and had eaten there a few times prior to then when free regular dining plan was offered and I think they still had lunch? Anyhow....it had to be one of our best meals back in 2009 (or around then) and prior....but this year it was just meh. The tea was too sweet, they brought out tiny portions to start you off and the bread was dry. The desert was about the only thing we enjoyed....and our bill was 240.00 for the 7 of us so we really expected more.

One place that we tried this year that we will return to is Kona. We had breakfast at Kona and it was really good, well priced for a Disney menu and the service was satisfactory. I hope it doesn't change before next year....we're running out of restaurants on Disney property that we like and may just have to hop in our car and head off property to eat.

Boma - We had a nice breakfast. It was good, but nothing to write home about...service was minimal. (yes, even for a buffet)

Le Cellier - Our entree arrived, before we finished our appetizer...the same with dessert. We would've had another bottle of vino, but it was bottoms up. There was no time to sip wine, much less have coffee.

50's PTC - We were seated 40 minutes after our ressie, but arrived 15 minutes ahead of time. Our server was pleasant, but obviously frustrated. They appeared to be understaffed. Food was okay.

Chef Mickey's - No great expectations here..never come for the food or service, just the characters. Hmmm..good thing.

Tusker House - We always enjoy the food and dining selections. I hope this doesn't change, after the characters take over lunch.

CRT- Probably, our biggest disappointment. :( Always " a must do", but I think, this has changed. Food was very mediocre and the menu has changed..again. I'm surprised, the White Rabbit isn't standing about with his stopwatch...VERY rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter