Disney Dining STAPLES

smhwalker2011

WDW Addict
thought this would be a fun thread + would help me make some decisions? (we're on the RDDP)

favourites?

(QS meals, TS meals, Snacks etc)

Last edited:
Well if what you mean by "staples" is what is a not to be missed restaurant? I would go with BOG (Be Our Guest) at the Magic Kingdom. If it is a favorite item or snack, I would say Ger's Bread Pudding at Raglan Road.

I would definitely save room for one of the many character meals if you are traveling with kids.

My Favorites (in no particular order): Narcoossees, Olivia's, The Wave, Artist Point, BOG, and Captain's Grille

BOG is our only absolute must-do staple lately. But I think I get you, OP. As far as TS is concerned, funnily enough we tend to repeat Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time more than any other, though I've never really thought about it!

These QS are staples nearly every trip:

Tangierine Cafe
Columbia Harbor House
Earl of Sandwich
Flame Tree

thought this would be a fun thread + would help me make some decisions?

favourites?

clarify what you want our opinion on, snacks? dinner reservations? if you were on the quick service plan that would make a difference too. help us out so we can help you :thumbsup2

BOG is our only absolute must-do staple lately. But I think I get you, OP. As far as TS is concerned, funnily enough we tend to repeat Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time more than any other, though I've never really thought about it!

These QS are staples nearly every trip:

Tangierine Cafe
Columbia Harbor House
Earl of Sandwich
Flame Tree

i dont see the appeal in be our guest. ive been there twice. the food was great! it was cool drinking in MK. but what is the draw? im not trying to knock it so if i come off that way im sorry, im trying to understand why people love it. to me its just a restaurant. if i wasnt in the beasts room, i would think that its just a normal restauruant with okay themeing. nothing special but i want to love it

i dont see the appeal in be our guest. ive been there twice. the food was great! it was cool drinking in MK. but what is the draw? im not trying to knock it so if i come off that way im sorry, im trying to understand why people love it. to me its just a restaurant. if i wasnt in the beasts room, i would think that its just a normal restauruant with okay themeing. nothing special but i want to love it
I thought dinner was pretty magical. Loved sipping wine and hearing the beauty and the beast theme music as Beast made is appearances.

This trip we did lunch and that is now a must do for us. No Beast or wine, but the dark castle, silverware and real plates was such a nice respite from a hot park day. Also we thought for the price the lunch food was awesome! One of our better meals for the week.

Last edited:

Ok theming? It's like walking straight into BATB! I was lucky enough to see it during a DVC soft opening (I'm not DVC, but as it was my parent's 40th anniversary that day the CMs were kind enough to let us in!), and it brought tears to my eyes. In fact it was the highlight of that entire trip. I think it depends on your level of fandom for the film. It's one of my all time favorites, and I was about 10 or so when it was released, so it had a strong impact on my life as a tween, as did the two animated features that followed. I would be equally awed and in love with an Aladdin and a Lion King restaurant if they were themed with such loving attention to detail.

Gotta toss in the importance of BATB to film history. It was the second animated feature to be accepted into the national film archive at Library of Congress. (Snow White being the first, of course!)

So that's the reason for my BOG love, lol. :-)

i will give you that it is like walking right into the movie, i guess if there was an ariel themed place to eat i would be the same way.

Our staples are Chefs de France and 'Ohana. We try to do those every trip. For snacks, the jalapeño cream cheese pretzel is mine.

Rose & Crown for Bangers & Mash and Sticky Toffee Pudding, L'Artisan des Glaces for Croque Glace, Kabuki Cafe for melon-flavored kakigori, Flame Tree Barbeque, Kona Cafe for any meal. I have been to BOG a couple of times for lunch. It is a lovely, well-themed restaurant, but I thought the food was just OK.

Table Service.....50s Prime Time in HS, love their PB & Jelly milk shake, Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, going to 'Ohana's on the monorail from MK, Tusker House in AK for breakfast, La Celier in Epcot, just not worth the 2 credits on the dining plan, T-Rex in DTD.....

Quick Service....Casey's at MK, Flame Tree at AK, La Cantina in EP, Earl of Sandwich in DTD

Snacks.....Dole Whip in MK, Any cupcake at Starring Roles in HS, Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich at Dino Bites in AK, too many to name at Epcot, Pretzel Rods at Goofey's Candy shop in DTD.

I would definitely save room for one of the many character meals if you are traveling with kids.

My Favorites (in no particular order): Narcoossees, Olivia's, The Wave, Artist Point, BOG, and Captain's Grille

What's the draw at Olivia's? What makes it special? That's one that I rarely see discussed.

we have some staple meals, but we also change those up every year because if we went to all of our staples every year we would never eat anywhere new.

MK-chef mickeys (i know its not in there but thats one we go to on a MK day), Ohanas (same as CM), liberty tree tavern when its open, hoop de do we usually do every other year but ITS OUR FAVORITE THING TO DO!!

AK-normally we go to a DTD dinner that night. house of blues is awesome, but we have one here in cleveland. rainforest cafe, and planet hollywood. i LOVE yak and yeti but we dont go there because my mom didnt like it. i think its amazing food.

epcot-coral reef, san angel inn, teppan edo, rose and crown

HS-mama melrose for the fantasmic dinner package, 50s prime time, si fi dine in theater

Our favorite one-credit TS:
(1) Ohana dinner (at Poly)
(2) Teppan Edo lunch or dinner (Japan/Epcot)
(3) Crystal Palace (at MK)
(4) Chef Mickeys (at CR)

Our favorite QS:
(1) BoG (at MK). I'm pretty sure lunch is QS! Braised pork is really good.

I could name more favorites, but those are pretty much our staples!

We always have to have one meal at Brown Derby at HS, love the atmosphere there. We love the QS at Morocco, and like to eat at San Angel Inn inside of Mexico, not that the food is so great but the place is just cool looking. At MK we don't really have any favorites and there isn't anywhere at AK we have to eat, although most of the QS is descent. I have to have an ice cream cone from France

What's the draw at Olivia's? What makes it special? That's one that I rarely see discussed.

OKW is my home resort, so I just love Olivia's because it means that I'm home! :love: But I don't find the food to be a must have. To me, it's average.

For QS I love the Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK. I loooove their fish and chips. So yummy. And the creme brulee in France for dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter