Disney Dining Reviews with Pictures-Completed!

Wow, great pictures and reviews! I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm with you on going off site to visit Sweet Tomato's, it's a must do for us :love:
It's too bad you didn't try one of the hot sandwiches at the Earl, we loved all of the hot sandwiches we tried there last year (we tried like 5 of them) and the Earl's Lemonade :cheer2:

Day 10

Our last full day at WDW. :sad1:

Breakfast-we skipped breakfast because we weren't hungry.

Lunch was at Sunshine Seasons Food Fair. We were both looking to try this after the renovations. We had booked a 12 pm Behind the Seeds Tour, so we ate lunch around 11:30 am. The lines weren't bad, but the seating area was pretty full. DH and I decided to split a meal because this was just part one of lunch time! We got the 2 entrees, 2 sides meal from the Asian section. We had shredded beef, Thai chicken, broccoli and noodles. Our dessert was a Butterfinger brownie. The food was so tasty, the chicken was slightly spicy and the beef tasted good and came with string beans, which were good. The broccoli was good, if not slightly undercooked, and the noodles were also good. The brownie was okay, it had the consistency and taste of fudge, not really a brownie. We would try a different dessert next time. It was enough food to fill us, but not make us overly full.

IMG_0569.jpg

After our tour we decided to head over to the World Showcase. DH really wanted food from Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. At that point I really wasn't hungry, but I'm such a good sport I decided to tough it out. ;) We got the chicken and lamb shwarma platter, substituting the Moroccan bread for pita bread. It came with chicken and lamb with a yogurt sauce, couscous salad, tabbouleh salad, hummus, pita bread and baklava for dessert. The food was all delicious. I loved the lamb the best and I don't normally like lamb. The salads were very fresh and well prepared. The hummus was good, we used the pita to dip into it. The baklava was good too, it just wasn't as good as others I've tried. It's one of my favorite desserts, so I managed to polish it off with no problem. :)

IMG_0615.jpg

Dinner was at Jiko. This is my favorite WDW restaurant. I've always had amazing meals at Jiko and this was no exception. We had a 5:30 ADR for when the restaurant opened and we arrived a couple of minutes late. We had no problem being seated immediately. We requested and received a table on the far side of the room, where the "birds" are. I don't know how else to describe it. We were originally going to have a table towards the front of the restaurant, near the windows, but we prefer the other section. Unfortunately I can't remember our server's name, but she was so excellent. She really made our meal special. She was knowledgable and enthusiastic about the menu and made a lot of great suggestions. I decided on the maize and sweet potato tamales, which were like little cakes of corn and mashed sweet potato served inside a corn husk boat topped with a little shredded goat cheese. One word-amazing! The corn cakes and sweet potatoes were delicious and the goat cheese on top was good too because it wasn't too overpowering. DH decided on the artichoke and peppadew flatbread. This came with goat cheese, yogurt cilantro drizzle and argula. This was so delicious. For my entree I chose the broiled filet of artic char with peppadew viniagrette. This was ridiculously good. Artic char is a meaty fish, similar in taste and texture to salmon. It was served over potatoes, edamame, braised beets and bacon. The viniagrette was served on the side like a dipping sauce. The fish was delicious and well prepared, the vegetables underneath were all delicious and the peppadew viniagrette was indescribably amazing. Such a perfect blend of textures and flavors was my dish. I loved it. DH had the tamarind braised short rib which was served with a Idaho/sweet potato gratin and an onion garlic sauce. The meat was falling-off-the-bone tender and was so tasty. The potatoes were also delicious. We both loved our entrees. For dessert I really wanted the green apple marscarpone trifle, but we found out it has a lot of citrus in it, and I'm allergic, so I couldn't get it. I had the pistachio creme brulee, which has a chocolate bottom. Delcious! It was really an exquisite dessert. The flavor was amazing, the texture was perfect and it was a nice ending to my lovely meal. DH had the Jiko dream pyramid, a white chocolate mousse and roasted fruit creation. He had debated getting it because he doesn't like white chocolate, but our server assured him it doesn't taste like white chocolate. It was a beautiful presentation and very delicious. There were fruits mixed in with the mousse as well as garnishing the plate. Very light and very satisfying. Our meal was perfect, it was the best way to end our WDW vacation. We tipped our server generously beyond what the dining plan covered. Jiko still stands as my favorite WDW restaurant-the food, atmosphere and service are all top notch.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Day 11

Our last day. We had a half day planned because we had to leave at 2 pm to catch our flight.

Breakfast-Pop Century food court. We had been paying oop for our breakfast, using our Disney rewards card, but we had 4 CS meals left so we used the dining plan to pay for our breakfasts. I had the Pop waffle with strawberry topping. What is it about those waffles? I love them so much! :love: DH had a breakfast wrap, which had eggs, bacon,and cheese in it. It was served with a side of potatoes. He deemed it just okay.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

Lunch was at Casey's Corner in the MK. We both used a dining plan credit and got the hot dog meal. It came with a soda, hot dog and dessert. I thought it would have been a better value if it came with fries also. I had Cracker Jacks for dessert and DH had a brownie. We were both disappointed with our hot dogs. They were pretty big and tasted rubbery. Definitely not the delicious Casey's dogs of the past. Have they changed the hot dogs at WDW? The one at Pop Century tasted like the Casey's one also. No pictures, we couldn't get a table and were eating on the bleachers in our laps!

We also used up our last 2 snack credits. We got an order of Figaro Fries-no picture because we already had one from the first time. They were delicious and sinful as usual. :thumbsup2 As we were leaving the park we also got a dole whip float made with diet coke and pineapple Dole Whip. No picture, we were too sad to be leaving. The Dole Whip was delicious as usual.

So that's it for my reviews. Hopefully you enjoyed reading along. Any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them. We just booked our trip for next year, January 27-February 4 at Coronado Springs. At least now I have something to look forward to! :woohoo:

I really enjoyed your reviews. Thank you so much for writing them and eating all of that wonderful food so we on the boards could enjoy!!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for a lovely dining review and great photos. Enjoy your next trip and of course all the planning. :laughing:

Thank you for sharing your food experiences. I loved your reviews and pics!

I was thrilled to read your review of the Garden Grill. I just booked that for our upcoming trip this July. I've always wanted to try it but never got a chance. Boy am I glad we got that ressie! Your review of it sealed the deal for me. And my DH will LOVE the sweet potatoe chips on the salad...maybe they will give us an entire bowl of just the chips...

Thanks again!!!

what a great review makes me very hungry reading all the nice food mmm cant wiat to try a dole whip missed out last year!:love:

Thanks for the great reviews! Too bad about RR, we were thinking of trying it next trip. As for Caseys, last Oct. fries came with our meals :confused3 I just don't get why they make silly changes like that?? Jiko is our favorite as well! Next trip I am going to have to give those tamales at try, they sound and look wonderful!!
Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Your reviews and photos are just excellent. This thread is a "must check it out" especially for those who haven't been to the restaurants you reviewed. The photos are great!! JIKO is our favorite as well!!:thumbsup2

But, just one thing...NOW YOU MADE ME VERY HUNGRY!!! You should start your original post to "read at your own risk"...if you're hungry...don't read or "dare to read as you may be left salivating!!":rotfl2:

Fabulous reviews!! Thanks for taking the time & effort to share with us!! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to thank you for writing such detailed and well thought out reviews. It has definitely helped me decide to visit Jiko when we go in September..and I will try some Figaro Fries as well!

What a fantastic review! I appreciate all of the time you put into writing this to share.... I especially enjoyed the pictures. It makes it so much easier for me to decide where to eat now!:goodvibes

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter