• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Review with pics May 31-June 6, 2014 UPDATED 8/6/14

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
This is my dining review from last week, had a FANTASTIC trip as always, we arrived at the Orlando airport around 9:40 am, 10 min early which is always good any extra time I get I will take it, this is my son at the airport.....

We took Magical Express to the airport and arrived at our resort for the week, Old Key West......Below is a pic from our crew, the cast of characters for the week...

From Left to Right
My Dad and My mom and then Center from back to front, our best friends, Chris, Kim and their son Matthew and on the far right from back to front, my husband Jay, Me and our son Carson...its started to kind of become a tradition that we all travel to Disney together, we are taking our 3rd disney cruise together in Oct.

We headed straight over to Magic Kingdom because we were STARVING, we went to Columbia Harbor House and I couldn't wait to get the tuna sandwich, The Anchors Aweigh Sandwich, which was PHENOMENAL as usual, not one complaint about my meal, I also got the chocolate cake for dessert, my DS, mom and dad all got chicken tenders and fries, except my son who always gets broccoli instead, he loves it, no complaints, my DH got the Lobster Roll sandwich and said it was one of the worst things he has ever eaten.....however, he did get the blueberry cobbler and said it was FANTASTIC!!!!

Next....Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner.....

Dinner on our first night was at Wolfgang Puck Express.....It was AWESOME!!!! This place is just fantastic, not one meal was bad, we all loved everything we got, My son and mom got pizza which was just wonderful, I got the Mac and Cheese, My DH got the chicken and my dad got spaghetti and he said it was the best spaghetti he has ever had....so no complaints here at all....we got cheesecake and cookies for dessert, this was fantastic as well.

Ok, now onto Breakfast, we decided just to eat at the resort before heading out to the parks, so we headed to Olivia's and Oh My Goodness, it was PHENOMENAL!!!!! My husband and I split our meals, he got the Banana Bread French toast and I got the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, which i LOOOOOOVED, my husband didn't like the crab cake with it, but i did and I finished off what he didn't eat of it, in fact, the crab cake was my favorite part, what can you say about the french toast, it gets no better, I mean, my goodness it was just DELISH!!!! My son got the mickey waffles, nothing bad to say about Olivia's, in fact we went back the next morning and had breakfast again....oh and the potatoes, my goodness gracious those were good!!!!!!

Up next.....Via Napoli for lunch :thumbsup2:cool1:

Great start! Good to know about the lobster roll, I was always curious if it was any good.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great start so far! I can't wait to try WPE, and I'm looking forward to your Via Napoli review!

I love your positivity , awesome vibes ! Your Olivia's breakfast look amazing , I think we will have to go in July , looking forward to seeing the rest of your reviews !

Ok, we LOOOOOVE Via Napoli and we actually went twice during our trip so I will combine both days into one review, there is NOT ONE BAD THING to say about this place, its absolutely PHENOMENAL, DELICIOUS AND WONDERFUL!!!! The little dessert at the end was given to my son for his birthday!!! The first time we went we all got pizza, the second time we went back my mom and dad split a salad along with their pizza and my hubby and I split Pasta and Oh My Goodness, it was just as good as it was last year when we went!!! This is now a must do every trip!!!

Ok, now onto dinner, this was one of my two fave dinners of the week and we do this every trip as well and every single time the food has been FANTASTIC, I have never ever had one complaint about Ohana's, It is just DELISH!!! I will post pics of the bread, pot stickers, salad, peanut and sweet and sour sauce, noodles, wings, veggies and OF COURSE THE GREATEST DESSERT EVER CREATED AND CONSUMED, THE PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING!!!

Ok, the next day we had lunch at Backlot Express, we all got chicken nuggets and chocolate mousse pudding for dessert, it was great as well

Ok, coming up next, dinner at Trails End, our first time there and it was everybody's absolute fave meal of the trip!!!!

Enjoying your dining review and the pictures. We went to Trials End Buffet for breakfast in mid-May. It was wonderful. Our favorite breakfast in WDW.

Looking forward to Trail's End review. We are going there on our arrival night.

Glad to read O'hana was good too. It seems as though people are upset re: menu change (no chicken) and I have always wanted to try it so we have booked an ADR for dinner.

I am enjoying your reviews very much. We don't usually do counter service for dinner, but Wolfgang Puck's is such a tempting option.

Was it crazy crowded? About what time were you there? I'll be there in early August, probably on a Saturday. Just trying to figure out if that is going to work.

Thanks!

pennyplanner

Thank you!!! I loved your pics and reviews! You really helped solidify some places I was on the fence about:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter