Disney Dining Restaurant Capacity

tx2tn

"What fortuitous circumstance be this"
I just tried to make our Dining Reservations for our September 2021 trip with less that great success. I was told (by the Cast Member) that Disney Restaurants are still working with limited capacity due to COVID. Is this true? If so, does anyone know when they will add capacity to their inventory?

If you think availability is limited now, just wait til your trip is a few weeks out. I've been stalking for a couple reservations, and have watched the inventory dwindle mostly to resort and DS restaurants.

And even then, pickings are slim.

At the moment, it is staffing rather than Covid-19 that is driving the restaurant availability shortage. Disney is hiring more and continuing to enroll college program but it is slow going. Epcot has the added wrinkle of no international CMs (which is due to Covid travel restrictions, in fairnesys to Disney).

Restaurants are opening up additional capacity but it is not across the board, it is one place at a time. For example, Oga's was fully booked for our trip and then suddenly tables came available every day, every time--clearly, they got the staffing they needed and upped capacity.

Also don't forget that people who are used to booking at 180 days, when most guests didn't even begin planning their vacations, had a much easier time. At 60 days, even before Covid, a lot of stuff was booked up. Now everyone is booking at 60 days and there is increased competition for reservations all at once.

I overheard a cast member tell someone at Le Cellier the other night that the restaurants are at 75% capacity. They are able to go to 100% but it’s Disney’s decision to be at 75% capacity right now.

I just did mine this morning as well. The beginning of the trip was rough, I had to move the harder to get reservations to the end of the trip in order to get an opening.

We were at The Boathouse yesterday and every table was filled and the tables were quite close together - I can’t imagine that they could add any more. Maybe just Disney Springs is back to 100%, will have our first TS in the parks tomorrow.

Keep checking and don't give up. There are so many, apologize for the lack of better terms, ADR hoarders out there. People will drop ADRs all the way up to your travelling day! I even spot same day BOG ressie during the trip!

Keep checking and don't give up. There are so many, apologize for the lack of better terms, ADR hoarders out there. People will drop ADRs all the way up to your travelling day! I even spot same day BOG ressie during the trip!
Totally agree with this, we have been able to get what we’ve wanted a day ahead and/or day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter