Disney dining questions

underminer

Mouseketeer
Which restaurants do you really need reservations for (besides the obvious ones like Carthay, BB and Napa rose)? We will be there in mid October on a Wed-Sat. Would we need them for any of the other table service restaurants like cafe Orleans, WCT or some of the DTD places?
Thanks!

If you plan on dining during peak hours or if there are any special needs for your group (large party, food issues, etc.), then it can't hurt to make a reservation. You can cancel it later if you find that you won't be needing it. If you will be doing the WOC dining package at WCT, then you should have a reservation. With a small to average size group and no special needs, you shouldn't have too long a wait for a table if you eat at off peak times.

If you plan on dining during peak hours or if there are any special needs for your group (large party, food issues, etc.), then it can't hurt to make a reservation. You can cancel it later if you find that you won't be needing it. If you will be doing the WOC dining package at WCT, then you should have a reservation. With a small to average size group and no special needs, you shouldn't have too long a wait for a table if you eat at off peak times.

I agree with all of this. One thing I would add is that it's easy to make a reservation the day of, and that can be nice because it saves you a bit of a wait. So for example, I have ressies for Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle already, because they can be a bit crowded. But I know my family will want to eat at our fav Cafe Orleans as well. But I'm not sure when we'll want to do that, so I'm just going to call while we're there on a day that sounds good for lunch or dinner. They can usually get you in, and that way you can be off enjoying rides while you wait for your time to approach, instead of sitting around at the restaurant for 30 minutes waiting.

For DTD if if there's a specific restaurant you want to eat at for dinner it would probably be prudent to make a reservation. We've never had any problems at any restaurants for lunch, but dinner can get pretty busy. We'll often eat at DTD for lunch, then go off-site for dinner, as you can usually find something under a 20 minute wait, especially if you're not during the rush. Enjoy your trip :)

Thanks for the great advice! Do any phone apps have all the DLR and DTD restaurant phone #s for quick reference?

Thanks for the great advice! Do any phone apps have all the DLR and DTD restaurant phone #s for quick reference?

We've just used the Disney Dine Line (714-781-DINE) for everything. Rainforest Cafe is not on the Dine Line, so contact them directly (the Dine Line has the phone number).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter