• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Plan

clh8028

Earning My Ears
My FH and I are going to Disney for our honeymoon. We have already booked our stay and he got us the disney dining plan. It is most likely the smallest package. What are the specifics on the plan? I have heard that some places that you dine count as two of your sit down dinners. Is that true? Do we have to pick from a certain menu if we go to nice places? Any information would be helpful! Thanks:grouphug:

Look here.

You most likely have "basic DDP", which includes one table service (TS), one counter service (CS), and one snack credit per night.

You are allocated all of your credits immediately upon check-in, and may use them at any time, in any order, that you wish, until midnight of the day you check out.

Each TS credit allows you a (non-alcoholic) beverage, and entree, and a dessert. (Or the full offerings of a buffet, "all-you-can-eat" meal, of a "fixed price" plate.) With extremely limited exceptions, this can be from anything offered on the menu. (See the linked sticky for the known exceptions).

Certain "signature" restaurants and all dinner shows require 2 TS credits per person.

I would check on that package if I were you. The "smallest package" is the quick service dining plan which includes no table service credits. I think it is most likely you have the basic but you should check.

Welcome to the DIS and congratulations on your upcoming wedding/honeymoon! I just wanted to add that if you will be doing any table service dining, to make reservations at your earliest opportunity....90 days from the first day of your trip. The dining plan is very popular and ADRs are really necessary to eat at a decent time/place.

Do we have to pick from a certain menu if we go to nice places? Any information would be helpful! Thanks:grouphug:

One nice thing about Disney, all of the restaurants are nice, but few are stuffy. Generally speaking you can order whatever on the menu that is included with your plan. The few exceptions are some meals or menu items meant to serve more than one person and at California Grill there are some sushi items not available using DP credits.

As for what is CS, TS and counts as a 2TS meal. Click on Dining at the top of this page and find the link for 2009 Dining Plan Restaurants. That chart does a nice job of showing you what costs what and if you click on the restaurant name you'll get to see the menu and other details.

Congrats and best wishes for a pixie dust filled future!

at California Grill there are some sushi items not available using DP credits.

Specifically, all sushi is available as an entree on either plan. If you are on the deluxe, you may order any sushi item as an appetizer, except for the Snake in the Grass and Yoshi's Deluxe Sushi Platter. These are considered entrees no matter which plan you are on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter