Disney dining plan... Quick question!

Ariel80

Earning My Ears
As part of the disney dining plan I get 1xtable service - is this always a 3 course meal or do I have to choose between starters/dessert? I read on the California grill you get the starter and dessert but pay for the main so I'm getting confused!!!
The quick service - is this a main and dessert?
And do you always get a soft drink with this? (Both service options?)
TIA

Last edited:
Is that the third post within any actual reference to Disney? Maybe I'm just cynical, but all of this reeks of a rumor coming from a single source.

Rikki on touring plans stated she has seen the Disney source and it is confirmed. But I assume as it the source should be "for cast eyes only" she can't go into loads of detail.

The changes seem confusing, but the basic idea of one QS= 3 snacks. And dessert can be switched for a side seem like a good idea.

Waiting to see how long until the DDP snack logos get updated too with the new snack options

at most TS restaurants you get an non alcoholic/non specialty drink, entree, and dessert.
there are some exceptions such as cinderella's royal table which is a signature restaurant and would take 2 TS credits. at that restaurant you get a non alcoholic/non specialty drink, APPETIZER, entree, and dessert.
california grill is a signature restaurant and would use 2 TS credits.
i have not had the pleasure of dining there before but if it works the same way as CRT then yeah you'd get an appetizer as well. (not sure what you are talking about with regards to paying for your main dish)

as for QS you get a non alcoholic/non specialty drink, entree, and dessert.

yes soda is a drink option at both TS and QS restaurants.

Rikki on touring plans stated she has seen the Disney source and it is confirmed. But I assume as it the source should be "for cast eyes only" she can't go into loads of detail.

The changes seem confusing, but the basic idea of one QS= 3 snacks. And dessert can be switched for a side seem like a good idea.

Waiting to see how long until the DDP snack logos get updated too with the new snack options

idk it all still seems like a huge rumor to me.
the changes are supposed to take place tomorrow but i haven't seen anything official announced by disney themselves and they usually don't just spring big changes on guests without a formal announcement. if the rumor is true then there's gonna be a lot of confused people tomorrow.

We had no problem getting a second drink (bottle of water or large fountain drink) instead of a dessert at the CS locations last week.

the changes are supposed to take place tomorrow but i haven't seen anything official announced by disney themselves and they usually don't just spring big changes on guests without a formal announcement. if the rumor is true then there's gonna be a lot of confused people tomorrow.

They aren't big changes though and I think they are not going to announce anything. Many CMs already informally allow a quick service meal to be swapped for three snacks at a resort food court, this will now just formalise these small things that make it better for guests. Nothing big about the DDP is changing

at most TS restaurants you get an non alcoholic/non specialty drink, entree, and dessert.
there are some exceptions such as cinderella's royal table which is a signature restaurant and would take 2 TS credits. at that restaurant you get a non alcoholic/non specialty drink, APPETIZER, entree, and dessert.
i have not had the pleasure of dining there before but if it works the same way as CRT then yeah you'd get an appetizer as well. (not sure what you are talking about with regards to paying for your main dish)

Cinderella Royal Table is the only meal where you get a appetiser on the dining plan as it is prix fixe and everyone gets a three course meal whether your paying cash OOP or on the DDP. Everywhere else, whether it is one credit or two it is entree, drink and dessert. Changes tomorrow may allow sides instead of dessert of course.

Is that the third post within any actual reference to Disney? Maybe I'm just cynical, but all of this reeks of a rumor coming from a single source.

I don't know, is it? First I saw of it. Didn't see the link in the post before me. I'm only posting what was sent to me. Seems like it wouldn't be out of the question since a lot of people have complained ever since they did away with appetizers. It's definitely time for some tweeks. I hope it's true.

i have not had the pleasure of dining there before but if it works the same way as CRT then yeah you'd get an appetizer as well
. (not sure what you are talking about with regards to paying for your main dish)

CA Grill is a regular restaurant with regular menu. It is a large and varied menu. There is no appetizer included in the regular DDP.

IF it's true -

Honestly Disney doesn't have to give any advance notice because it doesn't sound like they are taking anything away like when they took away gratuities and appetizer included. They are adding options. If you know great, if not no confusion. I expect they might hand out a flyer to explain to those on the Dining Plan at check in. Table Servers may tell you of the options in lieu of dessert. The only people who might be confused are some of the F&B CMs who may not have been fully trained on the new options.

They aren't big changes though and I think they are not going to announce anything. Many CMs already informally allow a quick service meal to be swapped for three snacks at a resort food court, this will now just formalise these small things that make it better for guests. Nothing big about the DDP is changing

Cinderella Royal Table is the only meal where you get a appetiser on the dining plan as it is prix fixe and everyone gets a three course meal whether your paying cash OOP or on the DDP. Everywhere else, whether it is one credit or two it is entree, drink and dessert. Changes tomorrow may allow sides instead of dessert of course.
There are a couple other prix fixe menu options are various restaurants which include an appetizer. Les Chefs come to mind, and maybe the restaurants in Morraco and Mexico, as well as the Fantasmic! package at Mama Melrose and Hollywood Browd Derby. Do the Candlelight Processional packages include appetizers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter