Disney Dining Plan needs to include....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthSong

Earning My Ears
TIPS ! In order to be a real deal . As it is you barely break even and who wants to get a dining plan and still end up shelling out cash to the server?It needs to include the tip THAN it would be a good deal... If you even have an average sized party the bill on average for TS restaurants totals atleast $100 and that's not even including fancy alcoholic drinks so you still have to budget out tips...like what $80 a day :confused3 . The reason ppl even get the plans is because we like the thought of having our food already prepaid but without adding tips it's not really prepaid now is it ? Nope

This is why I chose the QSDP because even if all else fails and I overspend I still know we have the CS credits that is REALLY prepaid with no tip involved.

Disney needs to create an option with the tip included and maybe a plan that's in between like 2cs 1 ts 2 snack credits without tip included and with tip included or 1 cs 2 ts ...and maybe a snack credit plan in itself...say like 3 snacks per day for like 10 bucks or so .That would be great for kids and snackers like myself. JMO

I don't think Disney will go back to including tips on the Dining Plans. They use to include tips and have since changed the plans and offered the QSDP and DxDP to the regular DDP.

I don't know where you come up with $80 in tips. Maybe if you had the DxDP.

All posts about tips need to be in the tip thread.

There is certainly lots of room for improvement in the Disney Dining Plan system. We stopped doing the DDP when they took the tips and the appetizers away. I would consider doing the DDP again, if they would at the very least allow you to swap out the dessert for an appetizer, but I would do it again in a heartbeat if they included the gratuity again. Even when they did include the gratuity, we often added to the tip tray before we left because we tend to honor good service with more than what the DDP allowed for.

As for plans, I wish they had a way to Create Your Own Dining Plan and pay for it by what you asked for during the length of your stay. Like for our upcoming trip, we did the QSDP and made 5 TS ADR's which will be OOP and it's anyones guess as to how many bottles of fluids we will down in the August heat. I would love to hav a way to prepay for all of it.

I wish that they offered so sort of all you can drink plan with as many bottles of juice, milk, water, powerade, & soda as you wanted during your stay. I would totally go for that! You know that they make a killing on the prices of their fluids though, so I doubt that I will ever see it.

Apparently, they don't need to because they appear to have plenty of people using the dining plan without the tip included. Wanting them to do it is a different thing.

I seem to recall a few threads back when tips were included that complained about service. The complaints were that the servers didn't care because they were getting the same tip no matter how they treated the customers. Now they have to work harder for their tips. Sure I'd rather not have to pay but in the long run it doesn't come out different cost wise. And if you have crappy service you can do something about it.

TIPS ! In order to be a real deal . As it is you barely break even and who wants to get a dining plan and still end up shelling out cash to the server?It needs to include the tip THAN it would be a good deal... If you even have an average sized party the bill on average for TS restaurants totals atleast $100 and that's not even including fancy alcoholic drinks so you still have to budget out tips...like what $80 a day :confused3 . The reason ppl even get the plans is because we like the thought of having our food already prepaid but without adding tips it's not really prepaid now is it ? Nope

This is why I chose the QSDP because even if all else fails and I overspend I still know we have the CS credits that is REALLY prepaid with no tip involved.

Disney needs to create an option with the tip included and maybe a plan that's in between like 2cs 1 ts 2 snack credits without tip included and with tip included or 1 cs 2 ts ...and maybe a snack credit plan in itself...say like 3 snacks per day for like 10 bucks or so .That would be great for kids and snackers like myself. JMO

In my experience when the DDP included tips the service went way down! So even though you have to have some money aside it keeps the waitstaff "honest" as it were and wanting to earn those tips!

All discussion on the subject of tipping on the Restaurant Boards is limited to the Tipping Information Thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Please note the first post, which explains why it's become necessary to have a dedicated tipping discussion thread in the first place.

Because this appears to be a discussion on the effect of prepaid tips on quality of service, rather than just a wish thread about the dining plan, it's being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter