Disney Dining Plan for DVC members?

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
Looking and searching but can't seem to find the info I need. Please let me know where I can find the DDP info for DVC members?:confused3

What information are you looking for? The cost? How to book/pay for it?

It's the same DDP as others get. The only difference is that DVC doesn't currently pay the peak pricing for those peak DDP times (last I knew anyway), you add it to your reservation through Member Services, and it must be paid in full when you add it.

Tax is included but any tip you wish to give is not. Otherwise it is exactly the same plan. As mentioned before it is reserved through member services and paid in advance.

It's the same DDP as others get. The only difference is that DVC doesn't currently pay the peak pricing for those peak DDP times (last I knew anyway)

Sorry but what does that mean? I thought there was just tier pricing for DDP - based on Deluxe, "Regular" and Quick Serve? So is there different pricing for different seasons and as a DVC member I get the lowest season price anytime? We are scheduled to go in July 2011.

Thanks ahead of time because we are just now learning how to use our DVC membership in WDW - so many more options than in Disneyland!

Sorry but what does that mean? I thought there was just tier pricing for DDP - based on Deluxe, "Regular" and Quick Serve? So is there different pricing for different seasons and as a DVC member I get the lowest season price anytime? We are scheduled to go in July 2011.

Thanks ahead of time because we are just now learning how to use our DVC membership in WDW - so many more options than in Disneyland!

Yes, in 2010, Disney introduced "peak season" pricing for the regular DDP. It was $41.99 during most of the time, but went up to $46.99 during peak times, mostly holidays and summer. However, DVC members were charged the $41.99 for all check in dates.

This year, in 2011, the regular prices is $45.99 and the peak price is $47.99 so not much of a difference. Still, DVC members adding it to a points or cash reservation through MS will pay $45.99 all year.

We are using our points to stay at AKV in October for 2 nights, but we are staying with another family (using their points) for a third night. Can I get the DDP for three nights, or just 2? I'd like to get it for all three nights, but since I only have a room reserved in my own name for 2 nights, I was wondering if it's possible...

We are using our points to stay at AKV in October for 2 nights, but we are staying with another family (using their points) for a third night. Can I get the DDP for three nights, or just 2? I'd like to get it for all three nights, but since I only have a room reserved in my own name for 2 nights, I was wondering if it's possible...

You can get it for the 3rd night, but only if the owner of the points who you are staying with wants it for the room. Everyone in the room will have to have it.

If they do not want it and you do, you will be out of luck.

As DVC, I've never had to pay for my DDP at the time of booking it. I just always pay at check-in. Is this a new thing for 2011? Both trips this year involved paying for the DDP at our check-in. We just had to make sure we had added it in advance, but not paid in advance.

As DVC, I've never had to pay for my DDP at the time of booking it. I just always pay at check-in. Is this a new thing for 2011? Both trips this year involved paying for the DDP at our check-in. We just had to make sure we had added it in advance, but not paid in advance.

Yes you have to pay when you add it to your reservation now - no more paying at check-in.

The new rules went in to effect for all DVC reservations being made, starting in October, 2010.

You now pay when it is added to the reservation but you delay adding and paying up to 48 hours before travel.

I'm going to jump on this thread and ask another question. I understand that DVC members can now break up the dining plan and only pay for some nights and not all. Can I get a little clarification on that? We are split stay this March...BLT/BWV. We are DxDp for BLT. We were going to take the DDP for the rest of the stay, but am thinking it might be a better use of money if we book DxDp for just a portion of that stay. Can it be in the middle of the stay?

I'm going to jump on this thread and ask another question. I understand that DVC members can now break up the dining plan and only pay for some nights and not all. Can I get a little clarification on that? We are split stay this March...BLT/BWV. We are DxDp for BLT. We were going to take the DDP for the rest of the stay, but am thinking it might be a better use of money if we book DxDp for just a portion of that stay. Can it be in the middle of the stay?

Yes, it can. But you have to call MS and have them segment that portion of your trip into the days you want.

So, if you are going to be at BWV, for 4 days and want DxDDP for the two in the middle, MS would have to break your BWV segment into 3 parts---Night 1 with no DP, Night 2 and 3 with DxDDP, and Night 4 with no DP.

Just so you know, the credits are still only good for the nights you have the plan. So, in this case, the credits would be good from check in on Night 2 through midnight, on Night 3. You would not have them to use for the whole 4 nights.

I think you are asking about the 3 different dining plans that are available, right?

*Disney Dining Plan (1 counter service, 1 table service, 1 snack per day) is $45.99 a night for adults/$11.99 a night for kids.

*Quick Service Dining Plan (2 counter service meals, 2 snacks, 1 refillable mug) is $34.99 a night for adults/$11.99 a night for kids.

*Deluxe Dining Plan (3 meals at counter or table service, 2 snacks, 1 refillable mug) is $78.99 a night for adults/$21.99 a night for kids.

DVC members do not have to pay the peak season pricing for the regular dining plan, as mentioned by a previous poster. QS and DxDP do not have peak season pricing (I think-I know I will be corrected if I am wrong)

Yes, it can. But you have to call MS and have them segment that portion of your trip into the days you want.

So, if you are going to be at BWV, for 4 days and want DxDDP for the two in the middle, MS would have to break your BWV segment into 3 parts---Night 1 with no DP, Night 2 and 3 with DxDDP, and Night 4 with no DP.

Just so you know, the credits are still only good for the nights you have the plan. So, in this case, the credits would be good from check in on Night 2 through midnight, on Night 3. You would not have them to use for the whole 4 nights.

So it is a pain for member services.......not sure I want to be 'that' person that is so high maintenance!

So it is a pain for member services.......not sure I want to be 'that' person that is so high maintenance!

I don't think I would say its a "pain" but it is new and not all CM's can do it correctly so if you get one that seems a bit unsure, ask for a supervisor.

We are considering a segment to our August trip but I need to wait to see what happens when I try to change the first two nights on Monday.

I am going to be setting it up in such a way so that I may be getting the DxDDP for the first night only.

I understand the pain that CM's are going through. I made our dining reservations for our trip in July with a linked res. 3 nights and then 2 ,and wanted to make 4 dining res. She had trouble getting the 4th res. in and had a supervisor unlink the res. into one 5 night to do it. after carefully explaining to her i needed my res. linked as it was because we were probably using the DXDP for the first 3 nigh res. she had her supervisor return the res. to a linked one,and made our dining reservations. she then wanted to make the res. on the DXDP and seemed offended when i told her again we we're probably, but not 100% sure we we're going to use the plan.

It was a long and tedious process but she finally got it right. I probably spent close to 90 minutes on the phone. Since we had a little snowstorm and i was a day off from work i had nothing better to to then putter around the house and drink coffee.:rotfl2:

I think I've figured it out. Our BLT segment is 4 nights w/DxDp. We check out Tues morning and move to BWV. Our final credit on the DxDp will be used Tues morning for bkfst. I am going to purchase the DxDp for just T/W/Th nights at BW....that will give us 9 credits per person with expiration Fri midnight. (so far am I correct?) Since we leave on Sunday morning, I will pay OOP on Sat for food, or finish up leftovers or whatever else we buy for the villa. My brain hurts a bit trying to get all this together!

I don't feel the regular dining plan is that great since the price has been increased. I think it is a much better value to buy the deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter