Disney Dining Experience

mayesq

Mouseketeer
As a seasonal pass holder I can get the DDE for $65.00. Is it worth it? We'll be there in March for a few days and I'm wondering if I should join. Thanks.

In general, yes it is worth it. You kind of have to think about how much you spend eating and decide if it's worth it for you. DH and I are only 2 people, but we do a lot of TS, so it pays for itself in one trip, and when we have family with us, it's crazy how much money you save! If you think you will get good use of it on your trip, then it is definitely worth it. If you save $65, it's paid for itself.

It has been worth it for me. The key though is remembering to use it. ;)

Just look at how many times you expect to eat TS (or counter service in AK or at the value resorts) at WDW in the next year and see if 20% of your expected bill, including drinks, is over $65.

Remember that it can be used for up to 10 people as long as they are all on the same check. It doesn't matter who actually pays the bill, as long as the member is present with their card.

And it applies to alcohol too so if you drink wine, beer or other beverages with your meal, the discount really mounts quickly. It is good for a year after it is issued (so order it at the last minute and go pick up your temp card at Epcot); since you are an annual passholder, you must go reasonably often so should be able to use it again.

I would figure out how much you would be spending and do the math to figure out if it is worth it or not. Would you save more than you spend on it?

it does add u p quickly. We also get multiple trips out of one pass, so it is very worth it for us.

Remember it is also good for some CS too. We used it at the food court at POFQ and at AK Flame Tree Barbeque.

Well worth it!

Our family of 4 got our $65 in one 4 day trip, and are into true discounts for the rest of the year. We are going in a Magical Gathering next week, and plan to use it for the 8 of us then.

Does anyone know what black out dates the DDE has around Easter?

I am wondering if we should get it? We will be there for two weeks around Easter, but not in Disney all that time...

Also does anyone have any experience of using the DDE with more than 10 people? We will have up to 16 in our group at that time (big family get together) and wondered if we can work round the rules on that one?

-Kay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter