Disney Dining Experience ??????'s

I'm planning to order the DDE card for my September/October trip but I don't have my AP yet. Can I order my AP and use the voucher number to order the DDE card? Will Disney give me the AP voucher # over the phone so that I can call the DDE office right after. And how much time should I allow myself to get the card - I think I remember reading 6 weeks?

TIA :)

I asked that before and was told no. You need to have an activated AP to order the card. IMO it makes no sense, I can book a room at AP rate without an AP but I can't order a card???

Anyway...
What you can do is once you get to WDW, activate your AP and then call DDE before 4pm to buy the card. They'll have a temporary card waiting for you after 5.30pm at Epcot guest relations. Then a few weeks later you'll receive your permanent card at home.

HTH :goodvibes

You also get free valet parking when dining at a resort. I LOVE my card, you can even use it at V&A's, although I have yet to dine there.

We used it for our trip this past May and we were there for 6 nights and saved $90 just on that trip. You can also use it towards your refillable mugs!! The alchohol was a surprise to us so that came it handy. We will be going on 4 more trips so it will be really worth it for us!!! Already has been!
Mousiemom

I got my money out of it. I have used if for 5 weeks over the past year in WDW. It is a great thing to have

I asked that before and was told no. You need to have an activated AP to order the card. IMO it makes no sense, I can book a room at AP rate without an AP but I can't order a card???

Well, first off thank you for all the information. Secondly, I just called and they sold me the Disney Dining Experience using only my green exchange certificate for my annual pass. So as of 15 minutes ago all you need to order the DDE is the Green Certificates. Thanks again for everyones help.

P.S. I just ordered it today and they said all I have to do is go to Epcot's guest relations and I can pick up a temporary card that can be used next week before my actual card arrives.

I called 407 566-5858 and was able to order the DDE card by giving the lady the number from the back of my annual pass voucher. I'm going on July 14th and she said if I did not recieve it by a couple of days before my trip to call them and they would give me an authorization number I could take to EPCOT to pick up a temporary card.

GEEZE. Can't they stick to the same rules 2 months in a row ?? I just hope they won't change them again by next month.

Just an FYI: You don't have to order food to take advantage of the DDE card. You can use the DDE card for cocktails at many bars all around WDW, like Mizner's Lounge and Victoria Falls. I was there on a reunion trip with a bunch of buddies from high school last February, and late night before going out, we hit the WDW resort lounges every night of our vacation! Needless to say, we woke to more bleary eyed morning than I'd like to admit to and we used the DDE everywhere. Saved a boatload of cash!

So, we know we can buy the DDE card with the AP Voucher number. The next question is - when does the one year period on the DDE start? Immediately, or at the same time as the AP is activiated? Anybody know?

So, we know we can buy the DDE card with the AP Voucher number. The next question is - when does the one year period on the DDE start? Immediately, or at the same time as the AP is activiated? Anybody know?

It starts the end of the month you order it (so for the most part Immediately).

I thnk the cutoff day is the 12 or 13 of the month for it to expire the next month. We ordered our May18th 06 and it will expire June30th 07

When you call they will let you know.

We faxed it in with our voucher number only.

I'm planning to order the DDE card for my September/October trip but I don't have my AP yet. Can I order my AP and use the voucher number to order the DDE card? Will Disney give me the AP voucher # over the phone so that I can call the DDE office right after. And how much time should I allow myself to get the card - I think I remember reading 6 weeks?

TIA :)

Yes, you can. I ordered mine with just my voucher, they just asked for the numbers off the back of the card. :thumbsup2 I ordered my AP online so I'm not sure if they would give you the number or not, or if they even have access to that info. I guess it never hurts to try!

It starts the end of the month you order it (so for the most part Immediately).

I thnk the cutoff day is the 12 or 13 of the month for it to expire the next month. We ordered our May18th 06 and it will expire June30th 07

When you call they will let you know.

We faxed it in with our voucher number only.

Glad to hear that we can order with the voucher number. I know if I had to wait until I activated the AP, I'd probably be missing out on a discount for at least one meal.

Thanks for posting the cutoff date as well. I think I will wait until closer to our dates to order everything ... on the off chance of a second trip in 2008 :rotfl: :goodvibes

Yes, you can. I ordered mine with just my voucher, they just asked for the numbers off the back of the card. :thumbsup2 I ordered my AP online so I'm not sure if they would give you the number or not, or if they even have access to that info. I guess it never hurts to try!

I'm probably going to order mine on the phone and see if they will give me the number. Otherwise I'll just be prepared to leave myself a month or so in case the voucher takes a while in the mail. Thanks for the info!!

SJuGuy:
Glad you took the plunge!! Our DDE pays for itself in just one meal at V&A. We've set things up so that we get THREE uses out of it before expiration. Plus 3 uses of the AP as well.

Since we are DVC owners, I always have an AP, at the DVC rate, and the DDE card. Yes, I have used the DDP before just for convenience sake...it came out pretty close in cost between the two meal plan costs.
The DDE can be purchased using your AP voucher, but be careful when you order it. If you ordered it today, it would expire on June 30, 2008. If you wait until June 17 to order it, it will expire on July 31, 2008. I try to wait as long as possible to renew mine so I can get the longest time frame possible from it.
Whether or not it is a good deal for your family is up to you. Sit down with the menus from the different places you would eat. Take that 20% off the tab for that meal. If you have saved more than $65, then you're golden. Since we own DVC, we can do the DDP as well. I can't tell you how often I have sat there, pencil in hand, trying to figure out which way to go as far as dining discounts...DDP vs DDE!! It comes out really close in cost based on our eating habits.

I have heard a rumor that in 2008 they are changing DDE that an automatic gratutity is going to be added to your bill :confused3 Has anyone heard of any changes for DDE??? We love our DDE it works much better for us than DDP. Plus we own DVC and get APs w/DVC discounts and go 2-4 times in year so they card really saves us $$$.

They are supposed to add an automatic 18% gratuity to the original (before DDE discount) bill.
But we always tip 20% on the original amount anyway--so it's a meaningless change for us.

I just ordered my first DDE card using an AP voucher number. It came in just over 2 weeks. I can't wait to start using it next week! I would love to try it at V&A...:cloud9:

They are supposed to add an automatic 18% gratuity to the original (before DDE discount) bill.
But we always tip 20% on the original amount anyway--so it's a meaningless change for us.

While I also usually tip 20% I'm getting a little tired of it being forced on me. Tips were originally to insure good service. Where is the incentive for a server to go that extra attentive step if they are compensated whether they do it or not?? I waitressed my way through grad school so I know how tough the job is and I like many other former wait staff are a good tipper butI don't feel it should be automatic or its paying their salary for WDW.

Anyway...
What you can do is once you get to WDW, activate your AP and then call DDE before 4pm to buy the card. They'll have a temporary card waiting for you after 5.30pm at Epcot guest relations. Then a few weeks later you'll receive your permanent card at home.

You do NOT have to have your AP activated. I was able to order the DDE after receiving our vouchers and giving them that number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter