Disney Dining Experience (DDE)

R.J.'s Dad

Earning My Ears
I was reading about the annual passes and noticed a reference to the Disney Dining Experience (DDE).

Can someone tell me what it is, how it works, and where to purchase it?

We are traveling in Oct 05 to WL with three families and thought this would be a benefit for us.

Thanks.

Disney Dining Experience is $50 for AP holders, and in my opinion, is definitely worth it. It gives you 20% off at many sit down restaurants in WDW, and a couple of eateries in AK(there are no sit downs other than Donalds breakfast). My family saved well over $50 using it in August. There is a number to call. Search previous posts and I'm sure you'll come across it.

R.J.'s Dad said:
I was reading about the annual passes and noticed a reference to the Disney Dining Experience (DDE).

Can someone tell me what it is, how it works, and where to purchase it?

We are traveling in Oct 05 to WL with three families and thought this would be a benefit for us.

Thanks.

It sure would benefit you. It gives you 20% off of all the meals and bar tabs at the sit down restaurants in the parks and the resorts. There is a member price but I am not sure how much, maybe $50?? You can call (407) 566-5858
tomorrow to order one. It won't get to you on time for an Oct 5th date but they will give you a voucher that you'll show in all the restaurants to get the discount. It is only good for 6 folks at a table though so make sure you either eat with 6 or take two tables. I figure it pays your tip, 20%, and with a group your size that could be hundreds saved. Also there are discounts for Pleasure Island and other fun things too.
Marylyn

Actually, it's good for the cardholder and up to nine additional people, as long as everybody is on the same check and the card is presented when ordering. There have also been occasional reports of waiters taking the card for more than 10.

Another very good feature of the card is that alcoholic beverages are included in the discount, which they are not on any other discount.

There is no DVC price, nor does DVC membership make you eligible. You have to either be a Florida resident ($75) or an annual pass holder ($50). The card is good for a year, but they actually give you about 13 months.

I'm buying one prior to our December trip, and in just four days with four adults and DD3goingon23, we'll save way more than the $50.

JimMIA said:
Actually, it's good for the cardholder and up to nine additional people, as long as everybody is on the same check and the card is presented when ordering. There have also been occasional reports of waiters taking the card for more than 10.

Another very good feature of the card is that alcoholic beverages are included in the discount, which they are not on any other discount.

There is no DVC price, nor does DVC membership make you eligible. You have to either be a Florida resident ($75) or an annual pass holder ($50). The card is good for a year, but they actually give you about 13 months.

I'm buying one prior to our December trip, and in just four days with four adults and DD3goingon23, we'll save way more than the $50.

You are right I'm wrong about everything. That's why an exchange of ideas like on these forums is such a good idea. You're right about no DVC break. I got confused because so many dvc members bought annual passes this year with the dvc discount. We are FL residents in the winter and have been buying seasonal annual passes up to this year. This year we could get a premium annual pass for the very first time. It was more money but they pro-rated the seasonal pass so we rationalized a bit. We were getting the DDE card for $75 a year until this Nov when we will re-up at the AP rate.

Thank you very much for the information. We have 8 adults and 8 kids in our party. I'm sure we'll have more than one table, so I'll probably put the adults at one table and the kids next to us. Does anyone know if this works at Whispering Canyon? Thanks again, this site is the best!!

R.J.'s Dad said:
Thank you very much for the information. We have 8 adults and 8 kids in our party. I'm sure we'll have more than one table, so I'll probably put the adults at one table and the kids next to us. Does anyone know if this works at Whispering Canyon? Thanks again, this site is the best!!
You get 2 cards. Why not get the cards in names or arrange the seating to make it a non issue. One sit down meal would easily pay for the costs of the DDE.

R.J.'s Dad said:
You could put your wife at one table and you at another so you can each use a card.. Yes Whispering Canyon is on DDE card. I have used it there. You do have to tip on the full amount, 20% of the original bill which convinently is the amount they deduct. :goodvibes

The DDE card can be used at Whispering Canyone, Artist Point and Territory Lounge, plus many other restauarants throughout WDW.

It is well worth the price. My DH got it for our trip in May and we saved double the price of the card in one trip with just the 2 of us. We are going again Sept 30th for 5 days and plan to use it again.

You do have to request 2 cards. We didn't and we only got one.

When we went in May we had the DDE with us and it saved us alot of money. This is the first year I came home with money and I still spent like I always do... plenty of pins, t-shirts, gifts and I still had money left over and that never happens...

The DDE card really did save us money...

If I buy the DDE, my family (2 adults and kids ages 22 and 20, and fiancee ages 19 and 23) Do we all have to eat together at the same restaurant or can my 2 kids use a card? Thanks for any help.

SJSJ4 said:
If I buy the DDE, my family (2 adults and kids ages 22 and 20, and fiancee ages 19 and 23) Do we all have to eat together at the same restaurant or can my 2 kids use a card? Thanks for any help.
It is supposed to be person specific but I doubt they'd check ID. The only time I'd expect a problem would be using a credit care with a different name than on the DDE card.

I'm not a numbers person, sorry. Would it be worth it to buy one AP and one 7 day hopper and then buy the DDE card? There are only 2 of us going but we're eating mostly TS as it's our 25th anniversary.

mrslur said:
I'm not a numbers person, sorry. Would it be worth it to buy one AP and one 7 day hopper and then buy the DDE card? There are only 2 of us going but we're eating mostly TS as it's our 25th anniversary.
You'd have to do the math. To break even on the DDE card, you'd have to eat $250 worth of food & beverage at participating restaurants. (20% of $250 = $50, the cost of the DDE for annual passholders). Then you'd have to figure the difference in cost between the AP and the ticket you'd plannned to buy, and figure how much more you have to spend to cover that cost.

For example, if you were getting a 7 day hopper that expires and didn't have any plus options, the difference would be about $75. ($315 for the AP -$238 for the 7 Day Hopper (adv purchase price)).

Thus to make up for the extra that the AP would cost, you'd have to spend another $375 before you were even.

Of course, there are other benefits/perks to having an AP, and I didn't include them in the "quick" analysis.

Bottom Line: If you think you will spend more than $625 at participating restaurants over the course of the year you have the DDE card, then DDE will save you money.

Remember that the amounts are approximate and based on the assumptions stated above. It could vary based on the ticket options you choose for your 7 day.
Best wishes-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter