disney dining experience card?

carolynb

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of getting the Disney dining experience card. We are annual passholders for the first time and were wondering if the card is worth getting. I saw an application on line awhile ago, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know what site it is on? I wanted to apply by mail.

just go to the Disney website and log on as a passholder. The link to the application is there under "Passholder Benefits and Discounts" then look under Dining Discounts.

We find it to be very "worth it" because we spend a lot in the finer restaurants on property and buy $$$$ wine, etc. and the cost of the DDE is basically paid for in one meal. ;)

Check out the menus, etc and if you know where you will want to eat, what approximately you will be spending, etc you can easily see if it will be "worth it" for you.

DDE is totally totally totally worth it! 20% off food AND alcohol! For $60 it completely pays for itself in 2-3 meals! :)

You just need to call on the phone to get it--they will send you a card in the mail in about 3 wks, or you can pick up a temporary card at Epcot guest relations ~24 hrs after you call. The phone # is on the AP website, and you only need a voucher to call. It has more limited hours than other WDW phone numbers (like 9-5ish weekdays only), so just note that when you call. :) You might as well wait to call a few days before you are going to use it because it is good for 1 yr.

We love DDE--it is such a better value (for us) that DDP! :)

We think it is totally worth it also. Becasue we stay at the SOG often we are not entitled to the DDP - we are annual pass holders - so we use the DDE and save a ton.. and we don't feel like we are over eating like we have when we are on the plan. Although with 3 teenagers in the house now the plan would be great for us to....

I called the 1-800 number in the middle of October for our November 30th trip and I received it 1 week before we left. It definately is worth the 20%. We don't do the DDP because it's too much food. We like the spontanitity of eating where we want & when we want & if we want.

We love our card. It is one of the reasons I stay an AP holder. Last time we went at the end of December and our most recent trip at the beginning of Dec so we got to use the same card twice without having to renew it. What a savings. 20% off of alcohol is just unheard of - makes those $12 lapu lapu's at the Poly go down alot smoother! :goodvibes

We did save alot also on food as we like to eat at better places as well. It starts to add up quickly.

Someone told me that the DDE card was just for FL residents. So as long as you have an AP you can buy it? Definetly seems like a great deal! :goodvibes

Yes - you can buy it and I just renewed mine and I live in NJ.

Congrats on your engagement and all of your wonderful upcoming disney trips....looks like a happy year ahead! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! The Xmas trip still has a huge "?" infront of it...my DF is starting a new job in July and I think it comes down to that. I am keeping my fingers crossed and have my hotel reservation already made just incase! One question...I would be buying my AP at SOG in June. Is it possible to turn in the voucher immediatly to customer relations and get a temp DDE card to use ASAP?? SOG AP's are about $35 cheaper then thru WDW.

If you have an AP you can get it for $60, well worth it, WE have one and we are in the UK. Lat one did us two trips as it is issues to the ned of the next month usually, so you get 12 - 13 months out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter