Disney Dining called me today!

Please help, I am a newbie to this forum. What is an ADR? At first I thought it stood for Advance Dining Reservation. Now I am getting confused. Also with the Dining Plan (DDP?) is it best to get dinner reservations 6 mo in advance We do have Hoop De Doo Review and the Luau reservations already but do we need to book a lot more now? (We go in Feb'07)
Thanks, Sara Lou

We're leaving in about 15 days, and we just got our call last night.

I'm sure Disney Dining is making their way to your phone number as we speak....

SaraLouwho said:
Please help, I am a newbie to this forum. What is an ADR? At first I thought it stood for Advance Dining Reservation. Now I am getting confused. Also with the Dining Plan (DDP?) is it best to get dinner reservations 6 mo in advance We do have Hoop De Doo Review and the Luau reservations already but do we need to book a lot more now? (We go in Feb'07)
Thanks, Sara Lou

You are correct about ADR--Advanced Dining Reservation. It is always recommended that you get them ASAP--6 mo in advance right now. While Feb is traditionally a slow month, (are you going the beginning or the end?) the TS (table service) restaurants can fill up. If you have little kids and want early times, or want to do character meals then you really will want to make ADR's to insure you get what you want.

You do realized that the two you have already booked--Luau and HDDR-- will both "cost" you 2 TS reservations per person per meal, right??? That will significatly reduce the number of other meals you need to book, depending on how many nights you will be there.

Spend some time hanging out and reading around here and you will get the hang of it! I think there is a thread at the top of the Welcome Forum that explains all the abbreviations.

Ask questions. Start new threads! Feel free to PM me if you would like some help. (click on my name and choose "Send a Personal Message).

I am feeling neglected... we will be staying 9/11-9/15 (free DDP) and have not yet gotten a call :sad:
But then I did call and change an ADR and bought MNSSHP tickets about 3 weeks ago... so maybe they checked the box that says 'called guest to remind about ADR's' :goodvibes

Panna said:
Would it be silly to be even slightly upset because I have not gotten this call? :rotfl:

I just want anything, calls, travel documents, anything that shows that YES I am going soon!

I just got my call today :thumbsup2 I'm all set. Made my ADRs 180 days out. But I'm with you, I looove anything that shows I'm going to WDW!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

My MIL and FIL are staying at the Poly from the 19th-26th
They have the premier dining plan and have only made ADR's for the Luau
and fantasmic dinner Pkg.
They are "winging" it.
How difficult is it going to be for guest services to get the ADr's for anyplace the day before? This is what they are planning. :rotfl2:
We are DVC members and did not have a dining plan and had lots of difficulty switching our reservations in May.
I am in a panic and I am not even going with them.
Do they get special consideration for ADR's because they are on the premier dining plan (3 meals a day)?
Or are they going to have difficulty they are usually a eat dinner at 5-6:00 people.
What are your thoughts.........

goofytoo said:
My MIL and FIL are staying at the Poly from the 19th-26th
They have the premier dining plan and have only made ADR's for the Luau
and fantasmic dinner Pkg.
They are "winging" it.
How difficult is it going to be for guest services to get the ADr's for anyplace the day before? This is what they are planning. :rotfl2:
We are DVC members and did not have a dining plan and had lots of difficulty switching our reservations in May.
I am in a panic and I am not even going with them.
Do they get special consideration for ADR's because they are on the premier dining plan (3 meals a day)?
Or are they going to have difficulty they are usually a eat dinner at 5-6:00 people.
What are your thoughts.........

They get no special consideration for ADR's.

If they appear at the restaurant AT OPENING TIME for dinner, they may still be able to "wing it". I was often at restaurants at opening time and they were accepting walk-ins. Note that opening time is now generally 4:30-5pm. So if they would not mind showing up a little early, they may be fine. If they show up at 6pm, forget it.

They plan on going to guest services the day before to make an ADR for the next day
I don't think they would be brave enought just to walk up.
I had been trying to tell them because of the free dining plan they should make ADR's they didn't want to listen.
I am sure I will hear all about it when they get back :sad2:
Hope it doesn't ruin the vacation :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter