Disney Diehard going to US Escape ?????

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
1. Is there priority seating?
2. Does US have anything = to Disney Dollars?
3. What are the benefits of staying on site?
4. How many days do you need in off season to do everything?

Thanks very much!

Originally posted by Leigh123

Yes

Not to my knowledge.

Preferred access to all rides (except two).
Walk to the parks.
Gorgeous hotels.

Two.

Thanks very much!

You're welcome!

2. Does US have anything = to Disney Dollars? No (They never have)

Actually, the did have script bucks at one time...They spent just like cash at the parks.
I think they still give them away with certain promotions, but you can no longer purchase them.

It's a shame too...It's handy to be able to charge something like that, and use it for vendors etc., that don't normally take plastic! :rolleyes: That was always what I liked about Disney Dollars, you could buy them ahead of time and/or charge them, to save for trips!

Also, staying onsite gives you express access, which usually means little or no wait for the attractions, but at busier times, there might be *some* wait...15 minutes or so. So you might not have NO wait...depending on when you go. But it's still a HUGE perk!!! :)

2 days should definitely be plenty of time to see most everything, but there are alot of shows, etc. that take a good amount of time up, and only run at certain times of day, so check the showtimes and plan accordingly. The off-peak season is great because you have shorter waits (fewer crowds), and generally cooler weather (although, it's not cooler now!) but you also have shortened park hours, so get there at opening to get the most out of your days, if possible! :)

Karen

There is a deal now where you buy a 2 day ticket get a third day for free... that deal was plastered all around the parks when we were there recently.

They did have a Universal "money" type thing, it was advertised in the 200-2001 Entertainment book, buy a ticket get some money back type thing.

Benefits of staying on site.. well, I can't tell you that, never done it.

But if you get there early, and do all your must do's. you would be fine not staying onsite.

Last year, and this year we went to USF/IOA and didn't stay onsite. It does depend on when you go,

Yes. It is so great to bypass the line at a restaurant that we would normally wait an hour or so for a table.

I thought they used to. I never saw the point in them, so I never asked.

You get Express access, think unlimited Fastpass for everything. You get great hotels, and easy transportation to the parks. Finally, everything is close. I always hated how Disney was so spread out you needed to ride 15 minutes in a bus to get from one place to another. Universal is so compact that you can get anywhere in a 5 minute walk. Plus since it is all enclosed, you can let the kids go off on their own in the evening to go to the parks, Citywalk, or back to the hotel.

I would recommend 3 days. That gives you enough time to do what you want in the parks, and still have enough time for fun at Citywalk and the hotels by night.

As to how many days:

We were recently in Orlando for 14 days.
Of those 14 days, I can only think of two that we didn't go to either Universal /IOA.

Yes, we went 12 times! And it still wasn't enough! But the employees started to recognize us though...

As for the benefits to staying onsite, not only would I say express access to rides, which is the greatest, but the walk/or short ferry ride to the parks is also awesome. No driving/taking cabs/or taking shuttles to the parks. And as was said already, the hotels are beautiful!

Also would like to add I love Disney as well. Last time we spilt our visit between the Polynesian and the Hard Rock. I will do this everytime I go now, it is very much worth staying on site while going to Universal and IOA, I would even add Sea World and Discovery Cove. Staying at Universal is closer to those parks as well. We went to all Disney Parks while at the Poly, and Universal/Sea World Parks while at the HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter