Disney destinations PIN numbers??

Jedi5

Star Wars Geek
Got in the mail today our PIN number flyer; 35% off deluxe resorts and 25% off moderate.

I cannot for the life of me remember this info which is why I'm turning here to you experts...

Are these PIN numbers a good deal?

1-2 years ago we received a 40% off PIN and I want to say we used the PIN to attend WDW. Don't remember if we had reservations or not prior to receiving the PIN number mail.

So today we get another PIN number and I'm trying to do the math over here on cost for a vacation.

Are the prices for resorts increased for this promotion? Then you apply the PIN number and thinks wow, I got a great deal??

I don't have the flyer in front of me but there are no passes included, only hotel room, right?

And I'm guessing you can't combine any current promotion with the PIN to increase your savings?

Thanks all!

We just got one, too. I've used them in the past. It's a good deal if you aren't doing something better already (AKA free dining). For us, free dining always wins because we're a family of 5. The prices aren't increased to offset the discount, so if you don't have a better discount to use instead, it's a great deal.

I received a PIN during the 2010 Christmas season that gave a 30% discount on WDW resort rooms (even on the Value Resorts), through late December 2011. The reservation had to be made by February 27. I was quite pleased because often, the room discount is only 20% or 25% for the Value Resorts.

For comparison, my AP discount was only 40% off of Deluxes for October-December, so 35% off is a great deal.

The best pin I ever got was 40% off of Values... and it applied to value season, which made the resort $45 a night

Too bad I didn't have any vacation time

I got one today also, we are already booked for FD, so I'll have to do the math and see which will work out better, I'm guessing the FD will be better for us this trip since we are staying value.

Got ours today too ... called immediately and got a price that I thought was great (plus qs dining)... however, clicked an ad under my yahoo mail, got the same hotel for 2 additional nights and free dining -- all for $425. less ... that pays for my christmas parade tix !!

Just take your time, check all offers and compare!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone for the responses.
I'm not snubbing my nose at the 25-35% savings... something is better than nothing. I just want to confirm that while the PIN might be a good deal, if you shop around, you might find a better deal.

Thanks again all!!

Generally speaking, pins that come to your e-mail or by snail mail are pretty good deals. They often have fewer black out dates than codes available to the general public. You'd be doing well if you checked the savings for the other discounts against the savings with your pin. Since Disney does not allow you to use multiple discounts on the same reservation, you'll have to choose one of those available to you.

They do not raise the rack rate of rooms when you use a pin.
To answer your other question, you can usually add tickets and dining at the regular price to pin discounted rooms.

We got one a few weeks ago that saved us $850. I'm so glad too because we check in 2 days before the FD promotion so would not have been eligible.

Can someone tell me how do u get these pins,:confused3 from email who do they come from?

They come by both Email and post (snail mail). They will be from "Disney Destinations" if by email.

They're totally random, but here are things you can do to try and trigger the system into sending you one

1) Register for an account on the Disney website
2) request the travel planning DVD
3) Request the DVC informaiton
4) Request the free maps
5) search for a "dummy reservation" for the dates/resort you want, and SAVE it to your account. Every time I've done that, I've gotten a PIN within the week good for the dates I wanted to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter