Disney Destination emails me "Unique Offer Codes" that are not for ME!

barney4liz

DIS Veteran
:mad:

This happened a couple of weeks ago, and again today. I receive a "unique offer code" to the email that I have used for ALL Disney stuff, same email I've had for 10+ years. When I try to "view your special offer" by putting in my last name and zip code, as required, I get this message:

"The information provided does not match that in our records. Please check the information and try again."

When this happened a couple of weeks ago, I called reservations and apparently another family's name -- a family that receives "unique offer codes"!! -- is associated with MY email address. They were supposed to have already fixed this. What is even more annoying is that they will not extend the offer to ME, even though they keep sending them to me!!!

GRRRRRRR. Just had to vent, guess I will have to call them again. :mad::mad::mad:

I haven't called about it yet but I'm afraid that this is going to be what a CM tells me. I got the pin today too and it won't let me view it online because it doesn't match the info? :(

Same thing happens to me. I have called and complained many times. I was told it was corrected at least three times. Got a pin today and I wonder if it really is for me. So irritating! I have had the same email for 14 years! But we traveled a few times with my MIL and somehow it's her name and mailing address linked with my email address. But since she does not live here I can't use it. And since my email is attached to her, I will never get a pin of my own at my email. Last year when trying to get a free dining pin the CM just kept saying "If you bring your MIl along on the trip I can go ahead and give you free dining". Gee thanks.

"If you bring your MIl along on the trip I can go ahead and give you free dining".

I am sorry for you, Michblue, but that is good to hear for me. I got a code today, and then got the same "doesn't match" message, but my mom is already planning to go with us. So, hopefully, if I can ever get through. . .

I ended up getting mine to work. It was under the zip code of my last apartment. However, I guess the 35% wasn't available when I called because he said the only thing coming up was SPD which would have been a few dollars more. Maybe I will try a different CM when I go home tonight.

My email has become associated with a different family somehow.

So attention GARDNER family, you have a pin code waiting! :rotfl2:

This is an on going issue for me as well. We traveled with friends years ago and I booked for them because I had a pin code (last one in my name:furious:). I have tried to get it corrected and no one seems to be able to do it. My mom actually gets pin codes at my other email address and thankfully they have allowed me to use those since we have the same last name and she lives with us. I don't understand how it can be so hard to take someone off an email when it was never their email in the first place.

^^^^^^^^^This!!!!

I've been getting codes for the Libby family for about five years now. Same email address that I used to get codes in my name. Nothing has changed. I've called a million times and I've been passed from supervisor to supervisor and I've been assured that it was straightened out, but I STILL get codes for Frank Libby (I did find out he's in New Jersey. I'm in Alabama!) and nothing for me! I've just given up:mad:

Yes, I had addressed it a LONG time ago and then just ignored it, and then when it happened again two weeks ago I decided I really wanted it straightened out and was assured it had been.

NOPE. :headache:

My husband and I have different last names so now we have some weird mesh of our two names but they still let me book it. I insisted and it worked out. Don't let that stop you!

Unfortunately, if the name attached to the pin code is unconnected with you in any way, they will not let you use it. They did give me an alternative code to use the last time. I haven't really been concerned about not being able to use the codes they email to me because I usually can find an AP/Fla. resident discount, or a gov't discount (S&D).

I would just like the problem to be resolved in the event they actually do send out a code for me that ends up being usable :wizard:

Happened to me too :(
I got one a few weeks ago and a "time is running out" one for it today.
The dates weren't going to work for us, but it's so exciting to get a PIN and such a downer when it doesn't work.

All of our other PINs have worked up until this point, so i hope this trend doesn't continue!

I received spin a few weeks ago for 35% off and when I tried to input it, it didn't work. So I phoned Disney, gave them all my information and she said she couldn't find it....

So I have her the actual PIN number and magically she found it and we were able to book BWV.

If you give the info and get the error message, don't give up. MAYBE, they will be able to still find it associated to your name :)

And if they can't, I think they should really honour it and extend it to the wrong receipent. That would infuriate me!

This happened to me for about 9 years. Family that used to live here kept getting PIN codes. Really annoying.

I called several times and nicely asked them to delete/update their info. Nothing. Then I got another PIN and this time I meanly asked them to delete/update their info. That finally worked.

This has happened to me three times...the address matches but the name does not because in 2012 we went to wdw and overlapped our trip 2 days with friends and so i booked a room for them at Little Mermaid under our address and email, but their name. Anyway, i just called and because the address matches, each time the CM has worked some sort of magic and we have gotten the pin code for our name. My understanding is that as long as EITHER the name OR street address match, they should be able to work the system a bit. So if you don't get that answer from a CM, call back and talk to someone else :).

I had the same issue - I booked a room for my parents one time with my AP discount (we were allowed to book two rooms with it, so I got them a room along with ours). For years I kept getting PIN codes to my email for my mom! I was so annoyed - finally after calling several times, I don't get them any longer. Never one for me though.

My understanding is that as long as EITHER the name OR street address match, they should be able to work the system a bit. So if you don't get that answer from a CM, call back and talk to someone else :).

Good to know. I'll fight harder next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter