***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammi67 said:
Thanks everyone for your explainations of light paper on dark shirts. The 2 designs I have left to do have no white on them. I take that back, DH's has a tiny little spot. I can trim around the edges perfectly to get all remaining paper off. At this point I have nothing to lose, and if they don't turn out I won't be too broken up about it. They are going on a light gray shirt and a light pink shirt. However, since Kate I adamant about not doing it, I will wait for her example before making my final decision.

this is the design - I figured there was a lotof golds and reds and black adn hardly any whtie - so I thought it would work on the blue shirt

sorcererborder.jpg

here is the shirt

shirt.jpg

julia & nicks mom said:
this is the design - I figured there was a lotof golds and reds and black adn hardly any whtie - so I thought it would work on the blue shirt

sorcererborder.jpg

here is the shirt

shirt.jpg

Whoa! That's worse than my grey one, and it had more white in the design! Weird how the different paper can do so much differently!

Tammi,
if you have enough shirts, I'd say go for it. It's probably not worth buying extra paper at this point, unless you'll be short shirts!

Good luck!

Eeyorecln said:
Wow. Everyone's so on top of things for Christmas. I thought I would be getting everything done this week before we leave for DL, but the baby was up all night so took him to Dr. to find out he has strep. :confused3 I didn't think babies got strep throat. He's just miserable. Does anyone know anything that might work better than Infant's Tylenol? I hope he gets better before we leave Sat.

My twins contracted strep when they were 4 months old. The doctor said that it was really unusual for babies to get strep. Did your doctor give you antibiotics? That helped my twins within 4 hours. I also gave them Tylenol and Motrin alternately. That helped with the pain, and fever, and also let them sleep. By the next day, they were pretty much back to normal.

Good luck! Have fun at DL. I'm so jealous!

julia & nicks mom said:

sorcererborder.jpg

here is the shirt

shirt.jpg
Um.....point taken. I will let you all know what happens.

Hope Alyssa is feeling better :wizard:

Tammi67 said:
I'm taking Alyssa to the ped. this afternoon. She was up at 04:30 complaining about her ear hurting her.

hey does anyone have a good gingerbread recipe. I also need an easy sugar recipe as I can not locate mine.

my3princes said:
Here is a rough sketch of the vest. It was cut out of one piece of felt, fleece would work too. With fleece or felt you do not need to hem and the only sewing is the shoulders.
63925vest-med.jpg

You could do any length you want. I would estimate the size as and 8 - 10. Hope this helps.

Deb

Deb, Thanks for the ideas! I do have the black pants & my ds could wear my Dh's black turtle neck.
:)

Baloo [B said:
Mommykds[/B]...We did the "tourist" thing in the city...saw Santa at Macy's & then took the kids to the top of the Empire State Building. I'm soooooooo jealous!!! All Joe's family is in NYC.I went for the first and only time so far last July and fell in love with the place.We were hoping to get up there for Thanksgiving this year but it didn't work out.I REALLY want to see the city at Christmas time...maybe next year!
You should come up...I really like New York at Christmas. Thay say you should "be a tourist" in your own hometown so thats what we did. However we must have stuck out as New Yorkers because people kept asking me & Dh were things were. :confused3

Eeyorecln said:
Wow. He's just miserable. Does anyone know anything that might work better than Infant's Tylenol?

if Tylenol doesn;t work, I try children's Motrin

Oh Dawn! Guess what I had for lunch today?!! Has Christopher let you eat there lately? :teeth:

Amy :)

bear74 said:
Oh and before the queen asks. :rotfl2: i am home on call. which is a good thing as I think my back is trying to go out.

Oh Jen, hope your back is better. I told Steffy that my back is acting funny, (I am sitting at the reception desk and I keep looking up to see if someone is coming in) not my usual desk.
Try Bayer Back and Body. It helps in a pinch

Terry

I just had to post since it's 1500 for me! Wow, what the heck did I post 1500 times? Geesh.

I was up until 1 a.m. packing up cookies, so I think I need to take a nap today.

:wizard: to everyone with sick kiddos and everyone putting the last minute touches on their WDW trips. :wizard:

Before Thursday, I still need to finish decorating tree #2 and finish wrapping the first round of presents. Of course, I have to also do laundry and pack. I think we'll probably work on our Christmas cards over the weekend while we're in Huron. Then upon our return, I'll finish wrapping the rest of the presents. I'm in a lot better shape than I thought I was!

KMH1 said:
Oh Dawn! Guess what I had for lunch today?!! Has Christopher let you eat there lately? :teeth:

We had Chick-a-"lick" for lunch today too! They call it that cause they always lick their fingers afterwards~!

tink2020 said:
Tammi -- I think it's almost a gamble :guilty: With lots of desgisn, they show up but the color of the shirt shows through and distorts a lot of colors. Here's one I did, and (contrary to the lighting in the picture), this is actually a really really light grey shirt. I think it all depends on the design and the color of the shirt, because Denise's looks great, and mine was with the ebay paper, too! :confused3

teentitans.jpg

Jennifer,

I did the Mickey on the Harley on a gray shirt and it turned out like yours. Maybe it is the gray - I had it pressed on at a t-shirt place too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter