• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Question!!

Blaynexox

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I am sure this question has been answered but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I am a little confused about the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. I went to Disney in 2007 on the regular Dining Plan and I was only allowed 1 Ts, 1 CS, and 1 snack per day. Now for the Deluxe Dining (I'll be going January 2009) am I correct that it offers 3 MEALS a DAY at ANY restaurant? For example, I can go to 3 TS restaurants everyday of my trip if I choose to?? It only says three meals, it does not say which ones have to be CS or TS .. does that mean I can eliminate CS and just eat at TS therefore tripling the amount of restaurants I get to experience during my trip??

I really hope my thought pattern is making sense .. I am planning this trip for 6 people and I am feeling a little overwhelmed (my last trip was just me and my boyfriend) .. so any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Youre 99% right. You cant eat at ANY restaurant, its the same restaurants as the regular DDP which is like 98% of the restaurants on property. You still cant use it at places like Rainforest Cafe or Portobello YC or places like that

But I CAN eat three TS meals a day?! Thats unbelievably awesome!! Thats like experiencing three weeks of dining instead of just 1!!! :) Thanks

Yes its 3TS or CS also 2 snacks per night, everyone gets appetizers and a refilliable resort mug

REMEMBER: Signature Dining still costs TWO TS, so you do not necessarily get THREE MEALS a day. DW and I did 17 nights of the DxDDP (upgraded from free DDP) and had alot of fun trying all the restaurants. Enjoy!:cool1:

REMEMBER: Signature Dining still costs TWO TS, so you do not necessarily get THREE MEALS a day. DW and I did 17 nights of the DxDDP (upgraded from free DDP) and had alot of fun trying all the restaurants. Enjoy!:cool1:

I have to say that the signature dining is absolutely worth the two credits. We did it every night. Just had breakfast in the room to save the credit for dinner. Amazing meals.....

As mbanks said, it is per night not per day of your trip. It really is an important distinction.

Thanks everyone. Another question, for those who have done the DDDP .. I am going with my entire family - 2 people of who have not been to disney before, 2 who have only been once (myself included) and 2 who have been a bunch of times. I have read a few different points of view on this - but does it really take away from park time? I know that we want to see and do as much as we can .. but I would also try to schedule my meals far apart and since the parks close early in January when we are going, I would schedule dinners after park close and try to do an in park breakfast or breakfast near the park of our choice. Do you think it would take to much time away from the parks to have that one sit down meal in the park during the day?

Thanks everyone. Another question, for those who have done the DDDP .. I am going with my entire family - 2 people of who have not been to disney before, 2 who have only been once (myself included) and 2 who have been a bunch of times. I have read a few different points of view on this - but does it really take away from park time? I know that we want to see and do as much as we can .. but I would also try to schedule my meals far apart and since the parks close early in January when we are going, I would schedule dinners after park close and try to do an in park breakfast or breakfast near the park of our choice. Do you think it would take to much time away from the parks to have that one sit down meal in the park during the day?

If you are scheduling three table service meals a day in order to get the most out of the deluxe plan, the odds are that yes, it will take a lot of time away from the parks, because you will need to spend that time in the restaurants.

Since you have stated you want three meals a day, are you planning on one meal being counter service? You may want to look at the cost of the deluxe plan if your intent is to use it for counter service.

Also be advised, as has been noted, that signature restaurants cost 2 meal credits per person on the deluxe plan.

I believe the meals are just as much a part of the vacation as the rides and parks. I would suggest doing a TS breakfast and a 2TS dinner if you dont feel like doing 3 TS meals a day. Or do CRT breakfast and a signature dinner one day and two 1TS meals the next day. Lots of flexibility.

Taking time for a TS restaurant in a park (or in a nearby resort) is a wonderful way to vacation in my family's opinion. We have always done WDW that way. I could count on one hand the QS meals we've had in the parks in 28 years of visits. Sure it takes a bit more time for TS but there's no need to hunt for a table, there are washrooms near all of them to freshen up after ordering, the food is 20 times better and most importantly, the meal becomes a real family/friends time. Just so much more relaxing. We always feel so refreshed after the lunch break.

There's lot of flexibility built into the plan. For instance on arrival day, you could use only one of that night's meals, saving two credits for checkout day.

While DW and I LOVED the DxDDP (for 17 nights) in September, and we can both eat more than our fair share usually (lol), we did feel overwhelmed by the amount of food and the time it took for it. It seemed we were always eating or in transit to or from a restaurant. We did alot of Signatures, which took additional time. With that said, though, we did already book next October for another 17 nights on the DxDDP!

We're going to WDW in January - 6 adults, 1 pre-schooler and 1 baby. I was planning on buying the DDP for everyone, but just found out that it cannot be purchased for children 3 and under. We have made reservations at all sorts of character meals on the assumption that we could use the DDP. Does this mean that the baby (he's 2) is out of pocket at these events? It's not big deal since he doesn't eat much, but I just wonder why they don't allow DDPs for babies.

Because the baby doesnt pay for anything. If you want the DDP for the baby youll have to make them 3 and buy them theme park tickets. The baby can share off an adults plate or they eat for free at buffets, otherwise youre paying OOP

Infants are expected to share with others in their party. If you have booked a lot of character meals, don't worry. Those are all either buffets or all you can eat family style meals, and kids under 3 eat all they want free at those types of restaurants. If you paid for a dining plan for your infant, it wouldn't make sense, as he could eat anything at all off the buffet for free.

At an a la carte restaurant, you share with the child. If you order anything extra for the infant, you'd need to pay for it. Buying a few things a la carte would probably cost far less than adding dining plan plus tickets for infants (because you can't get the dining plan without also buying a park ticket, unless you are a DVC member or annual passholder.)

We're going to WDW in January - 6 adults, 1 pre-schooler and 1 baby. I was planning on buying the DDP for everyone, but just found out that it cannot be purchased for children 3 and under. We have made reservations at all sorts of character meals on the assumption that we could use the DDP. Does this mean that the baby (he's 2) is out of pocket at these events? It's not big deal since he doesn't eat much, but I just wonder why they don't allow DDPs for babies.

Children under 3 eat for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter