Disney deals with Pokemon, Power Rangers and Studio Ghibli

old lady

DIS Veteran
What went wrong and was it a chance for Disney to get into a bigger market by trying out anime?

Nothing really went wrong with their distribution of the Power Rangers. The Power Rangers just lost a little bit of appeal so Disney made a business move to stop distribution. Studio Ghibli I thought they were still involved with for US distribution. Studio Ghibli is going through some growing pain so to speak. They have some popular characters but it seems to take a very long time to release a film that is covered under the distribution deal.

Now the Pokemon deal just happened. I think it is a smart move because it brings an already popular franchise to the XD line up which personally feels like it has been struggling. I'm interested to see if this particular partnership goes beyond television rights in the future.

I think it is a smart move because it brings an already popular franchise to the XD line up which personally feels like it has been struggling.

Gee... ...you mean making a Disney Channel clone, targeting 7-13yo boys was a bad idea? If only they had a channel that showcased classic Disney cartoon shorts and series, and stopped trying to compete and cannibalize on your sister channel's ratings. Free shows you already own that can be shown to a new audience. But no, can't show the old Ducktales anymore, gotta make a new one.

Signed,
Bitter Toon Disney Fan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter