• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney deals - christmas shopping

sablair

Mouseketeer
OK everyone... we have seen Ask Me Eeyore for $10.00 and the great deal on the Snow White DVDs yay!! Im still trying to get my Christmas shopping done before we leave for WDW in Nov. That will keep me from going crazy shopping while there :) If any of you have found deals on gifts items please post them. Im shopping for several children, from toddler to teen and a DH that is a HUGE sports fan. Of course, anything Disney would be wonderful :)

Me and DH have a bet going on whether I can cut our gift budget from last year in half and Im going to do it!! If I win we get to squeeze in an extra week of vacation in the spring :)

Thanks!

Sheila

I don't know if this will help aleviate the need to shop during your vacation, but we always find ESPN clothing on sale when we go to WDW. There is a shop just beside the club on the Boardwalk and we have found ESPN stuff on sale at Team Mickey's in Downtown Disney. We have also found Disney sports clothing on sale at Team Mickey's. Sometimes the sales are good, sometimes just so-so. It is always worth the time to look!

Just about every month, the Disney Store has a sale. They always have kids clothes on sale and sometimes have toys and other goodies as well. I'm not sure if McDonald's is still running the "Book of Pooh" Happy Meal promotion. If so, the toys in the Happy Meal come with a 20% off coupon that can be used at the Disney Store and for their catalog and online store. These coupons are good until September 30th.

I hope this helps! I better get started on my Christmas shopping!

make sure to check out the disney outlet store in orlando.
Its in the outlet mall off I-4, little lake bryan.
They have lots of resort stuff, not to mention park merch.
Last year i got a safari piglet for $2.99 beanie baby.
I don't know the exact name of the store.
you will love it.?

Thanks for the suggestions! Kaaa... I just want you to know that you had me picking through my trash yesterday...haha. I was cleaning out the car and found a 20% off coupon from McDonald's, laid it on the porch to take inside and ugh.. I have lost it. Couldnt find it in the trash either! DH thought I had lost my mind :) And eeyorecollector: I cant believe you found safari piglet for $2.99!!! What a deal!.. I bought one in Jul for 11.99.. he is a cutie :) We went to that outlet store, but the only things we found were a couple of picture frames and a t-shirt. I did find a great deal at the World of Disney. They had all the guys (M, G, P, D) in a fabric fire engine for $12.99. I called when I got home because DS loved it so much I wanted to buy two others. They were already discontinued and on their way to the outlet stores.

My problem with shopping while at WDW is the Christmas Store... I love that place. I almost bought a bunch of stuff last time, but told myself I would wait. If I have everything else bought, I am going to go and pick up some ornaments. I just KNOW I will overspend if I dont have it all done by then because I will be racing against time.

Amazon has a great sale going on right now with free shipping. A lot of the Disney merchandise is out of stock, but maybe they will have more soon :)

Thanks again!

Sheila

Don't forget you can go to the Disney Online store and enter "Disneystore" for the discount of 20%. It will promt you for a coupon during check out. This is the same as the McD's coupon.

Hi Sheila!

That Christmas store in Downtown Disney eats my lunch every year!! I can't go to WDW without stopping at that store and I usually leave at least $100 poorer!! But I have to say my Christmas tree is looking so ... Disney! Besides spending a ton of money there, I then have to figure out how to pack the stuff I bought to get it home safely! I actually skipped it when we went to WDW in May, but I'm afraid I won't be able to skip it when we go back in December!!

Good Luck!

I love that store too!!!!
I have the same problem, i walk in and start grabbing.
I take and pack one extra empty small duffel bag, just to
take home my goodies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter