Disney Day on NYC cruises.. transportation back to ship?

TeresaG

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has information on return busses back to the ship following the Disney day? I've been assuming we'd be able to watch Happily Ever After and have time to return, but I've been hearing differently and now I'm concerned. The ship is due to depart Port Canaveral at 11:58pm. HEA should be over by 9:30pm. That would give us about 30mins to get back to the busses by 10pm (ish) and hopefully be on the ship (possibly by the skin of our teeth) before they depart.

Am I cutting it too close?

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has information on return busses back to the ship following the Disney day? I've been assuming we'd be able to watch Happily Ever After and have time to return, but I've been hearing differently and now I'm concerned. The ship is due to depart Port Canaveral at 11:58pm. HEA should be over by 9:30pm. That would give us about 30mins to get back to the busses by 10pm (ish) and hopefully be on the ship (possibly by the skin of our teeth) before they depart.

I believe the last bus back to the ship runs after the last park closes that day. Not sure what time that is. But I doubt that the ship would depart before the last bus gets there. It's only about an hour from WDW to port.

I'm going on a cruise next November with a day at Disney as well!
Any suggestions on how to maximize that day?
Best time to depart ship? (Does everyone go first thing, Is there enough busses, or Do you need to wait?)
Do buses run back to ship all day?
Which park to choose? How to survive only one day at Disney??????

I'm going on a cruise next November with a day at Disney as well!
Any suggestions on how to maximize that day?
Best time to depart ship? (Does everyone go first thing, Is there enough busses, or Do you need to wait?)
Do buses run back to ship all day?
Which park to choose? How to survive only one day at Disney??????
Lots of reading about this:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tell-me-about-your-nyc-bahamas-cruise.3623495/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-magic-new-york-how-long-at-disney-world.3607229/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/cruises-from-nyc-to-disney-world-fast-pass.3506194/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-york-2016-cruises-planning-info-thread-nyc.3413090/

There's more.....

Hi all!

I am doing a cruise in October that has a Disney day. I got an email that the last bus from Magic Kingdom is 10:45 PM.

Hi all!

When I sailed this itinerary in 2012 we stayed at MK for the fireworks and were able to catch the bus back to the ship. We made it back in plenty of time.

I thought I saw somewhere it was around 9 - 9:30 range
Well, that makes sense then. I've always read that the last bus from each park departs one hour after closing. Park closes 9:00-9:30, bus departs at 10:45.

I'd be surprised if the closing time was on the half hour, however, probably more like 9 or 10. In this case, probably 9:00 with 30-45 minutes for "sweep time" (clearing all those stragglers).

Well, that makes sense then. I've always read that the last bus from each park departs one hour after closing. Park closes 9:00-9:30, bus departs at 10:45.

I'd be surprised if the closing time was on the half hour, however, probably more like 9 or 10. In this case, probably 9:00 with 30-45 minutes for "sweep time" (clearing all those stragglers).

So "sweep time" is sweeping people and not trash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter