• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ Day 30-minute Early Entry Friday November 12

mel2014

DIS Veteran
I don't see that anyone else has posted this yet, so as an FYI, Disney+ subscribers are eligible for 30 minutes of early entry to both Disneyland and California Adventure this Friday in celebration of "Disney+ Day":
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lue-carpet-in-celebration-of-disney-plus-day/
Edited to ask: Have there been other times that DCA has been open for Early Entry to anyone other than hotel guests? If not, I wonder if this is a sign of things to come for other promotions in the future.

Last edited:
Omg as if they need to drive more people to the parks that day with the holiday season kickoff and completely sold out reevetaons. 🙄

Since reservations are already sold out for every category except hotel guests, there's almost no chance this will increase the crowds. I guess it could encourage people to come earlier in the day than they otherwise would, but it seems more likely to spread out demand a little during an otherwise-busy day (e.g., if someone can ride Space Mountain or Peter Pan or WS or RSR during that extra 30 minutes, they won't be in line for it later in the day, especially if a lot of the Magic Key reservations are locals planning to come Friday night after work -- who aren't going to take the whole day off for an extra 30 minutes of morning time). Plus my general recollection from the "before times" was that 7:00 Magic Mornings attracted fairly low crowds because you've got to get up really early in the morning to make it to the dates by 7:00. I imagine this might be similar.

Nice, an extra 30 minutes for us on Friday…and this makes me think Early Morning Magic will be used like this and not as a standard offering.

Perhaps for Disney+ subscribers only???

How does one show at the gate that they have Disney +?
From the blog post:

Guests may be required to verify that they are a Disney+ subscriber by displaying their logged-in home screen on the Disney+ app via their phone to receive special benefits at the parks. Please be sure to download the Disney+ app and sign in prior to arrival.

WHAT?? DUDE. Where is the love for the Resort peeps! Nice to know my Disney+ $7.99/monthly subscription could give me early access one day, but not my $800/night room. What the...🤬 seriously.
I’m staying at the DLH the next day. I do have Disney plus but won’t be there 11/12. Sigh.

Also, additional character interactions (Town Square, Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, Fantasy Faire, it's a small world", and Avengers Campus) and complimentary Photopass Magic Shot downloads from select locations (Grogu - Galaxy's Edge entering from Frontierland; Stormtroopers and K-2SO outside of Launch Bay; Olaf near Matterhorn entrance; Jack Jack and Violet's Force Field near Pixar Pier bridge; Ant Man and the Wasp Avengers Campus near exit to Cars Land). My November 11-13 spontaneous trip just keeps getting better (although I know it will be busy)!

Also, additional character interactions (Town Square, Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, Fantasy Faire, it's a small world", and Avengers Campus) and complimentary Photopass Magic Shot downloads from select locations (Grogu - Galaxy's Edge entering from Frontierland; Stormtroopers and K-2SO outside of Launch Bay; Olaf near Matterhorn entrance; Jack Jack and Violet's Force Field near Pixar Pier bridge; Ant Man and the Wasp Avengers Campus near exit to Cars Land). My November 11-13 spontaneous trip just keeps getting better (although I know it will be busy)!

We have a spontaneous trip coming up as well, and with the great weather expected and extras like this we are very excited!

I’m staying at the DLH the next day. I do have Disney plus but won’t be there 11/12. Sigh.

Oh man! Timing, right? We won't be in until the end of the month so I can't actually take advantage of it this time. But the fact that I "could" made me even more annoyed that they still haven't brought anything back for the resort guests. Disneyland was on the news in my area this morning being called out for "Skimpflation"...skimping on the stuff they USED to do or include (the trams were the main highlight) so I guess this latest announcement really tweaked my nose!

That, and I think my frustration meter is ticking up with each day closer to our trip and no hint of the Genie+ launch date.😬

Normally, I would be happy about Disney doing something like this but their timing is terrible. I originally had that day booked but cancelled it earlier due to changing travel plans. They need to make such announcements a minimum of 90 days in advance if they use the reservation system as there is no way people can even get into the parks on such short notice unless they book a Disney hotel. Which could be the point but that's ridiculously greedy.

So what should have been good news is just making me more annoyed at Disney for their lack of respect towards guests by changing things up when guests have already committed to certain days at the park.

This has me worried that EMH won't be coming back as an automatic thing for hotel guests...

Has anyone heard anything about this?

If this increases signups for Disney+, then I think EMH will become at perk for Disney+ subscribers only.

I see this as a test run, but we’ll see.

Which will then be followed by an immediate $$$$ hike for Disney+ monthly....:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter