Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I can't wait for your new TR. We had a brief Dis meet last May :worship: (2014). I'm 60 days out from a Girl's Only trip with my daughter. :yay:

Ya'll, I am so sorry that I haven't been back on the board except for that one brief post. Just before we left for our trip, lots of new rules and regulations for attorneys were put into place and it involves going all the way back to 1999. That's a heck of a long time for an attorney who is pretty dang prominent in our area. I've been having to pull file and make so many notes that I'm sick of it! Thankfully, I finished my part of the list Friday morning but now I have to sit down with the boss and figure out what to do next. In the meantime, I'm playing "regular" catch-up with work.

I hear that there's been all sorts of hulabaloo going on the Dis and it got pretty nasty. I didn't even know about it all until it was brought to my attention. Some are leaving the Dis and some others, such as myself, are staying. No need to let another website or trolls get in the way of my Dis fun.

Annnnyway, I hope to get a quick installment posted today. I want to get this thing wrapped up so I can tell the tale of how ponchos make nips sweat. Yeah, it was said during our trip.:rolleyes1o_O:rotfl::faint::rotfl2:

Last edited:
Hi Lisa! Glad to see you back here on the DIS! I totally understand how work can get in the way and also how new rules can cause chaos. I work for County government and the state is constantly making new laws that cause us serious headaches!

I too will be staying on the DIS although I'm almost finished with my current TR. No clue what I'll do once I don't have one to write!

Cannot wait to read how that quote came about!

Hi Lisa! Sorry about all the business at work. Sounds like a ton of work! I can't wait to hear about the latest trip!

I, too, will be staying on the DIS. I absolutely understand why people would choose to leave, and won't judge anyone who chooses to do so, but personally, I feel if we all leave, then they win. I like it here and I like the friends I've made!

Welcome back from your trip!! I was sorry to have missed you, but we only overlapped by a day! Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

Apparently I've been living under a rock and only reading my 'watched' threads. What drama has been going on at the DIS? Could someone PM me?

HEY Lisa!! Welcome back (I know I'm late!!)! I can't wait to read your TR. I had no idea anything happened on the DIS so I'm definitely staying. I hope you get caught up at work soon. It sounds like a mess!

Lisa, I was going to friend request you on Facebook since I follow you on twitter. Wanted to ask before sending it. I am staying around but respect those that have chosen to leave. Can't wait to hear about the recent trip.

I missed all the drama too, sounds like it was pretty crazy.

Glad you had a great trip and can't wait to hear about it and the rest of this one.

That must be a nightmare to have to go back that far in the files! No wonder you have been crazy busy

First off, thank you all for have a good trip and welcome home posts! We had a great time. The newbies were a little bit "challenging" but the trip was great overall. I can't wait to get back there again! But, while the countdown continues, let's get back to this story, shall we? We had just covered pretty much everything in the Future World section of the park and were headed into the World Showcase area. We had done Maelstrom and were walking deeper into World Showcase.

That's not a urinal! Part 2

When we made it to Japan, it was time for my annual tradition of picking a pearl with the money that my mother gives me for Christmas every year. As always, I chose one of the ugliest oysters in the tank.
DSCF7774 (1024x768).jpg

Let's see if my choice paid off:

DSCF7775 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7776 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7777 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7778 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7779 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7780 (1024x768).jpg

My pearl had a pretty yellowish tint and was 7 1/2 mm! I had it set in a drop style necklace setting (I always forget to take pictures to share with ya'll) and was told that it would take at least an hour before it was ready. So, we looked around in the store and found some very odd snack items:

DSCF7772 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7773 (768x1024).jpg

Ummmm, I think that I'll pass on those two but I did buy some of these:

DSCF7781 (768x1024).jpg

I liked them but John and Hunter weren't fans. Hunter said they reminded him of marshmallows and John didn't like the gummy texture. Good! That meant that they were mine, all mine. We still had quite a bit of time before my pearl was ready so we look around the outside area of Japan.

**Continued in next post

O.k. I see the small fish in the first bag but what's in the second bag? It looks almost like very small crab to me.

DSCF7770 (768x1024).jpg

I love the stream that is in Japan and the beautiful Koi fish there:

DSCF7771 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7782 (768x1024).jpg

We decided to walk on over to Morocco since we had a lot more time before the pearl was ready.

DSCF7783 (1024x768).jpg

A band was playing and they were really good. The belly dancer, however, must have been all jiggled out because she just kind of moved her hips a little and waved her arms in the air a bit. She definitely wasn't doing any fast moves. Maybe the heat was getting to her?

DSCF7784 (1024x768).jpg

We walked further into the pavilion and I could see that the lime trees were heavy laden with fruit. (unfortunately, the picture is a little blurry so you can't see just how many were on hte tree.) I love limes and eat them with just a dash of salt. Yum! Yum!

DSCF7785 (768x1024).jpg

John got a phone call and found a bench that was out of the way so that he wouldn't disturb anyone. Hunter and I ventured further into the pavailion.

DSCF7786 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7787 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter and I were giggling when we saw this fountain and decided to stage a picture. Hunter that it not a urinal!

DSCF7788 (768x1024).jpg

Just kidding!

DSCF7789 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

John was finishing up his call and I took a couple more pictures while waiting on him:

DSCF7790 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7791 (1024x768).jpg

The call ended, we went back to Japan to pick up my pearl and it was ready and the setting was perfect. We had dinner reservations in Italy but we still had a couple of hours before it would be time to check-in. So, we walked right on past Italy and into France.

DSCF7792 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7793 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7794 (768x1024).jpg

It was pretty hot out and John said that he could use a 17 minute nap so we popped into the pre-show area for Impressions de France:DSCF7797 (768x1024).jpg

I have to admit that I did find my eyes drfting shut several times during the movie. It was so nice to sit down in the air conditioning and relax. After all, we were o day 13 of a 14 day trip and the go-go-go was catching up to us.

**Up next: Are you crazy?! Stop making eye contact!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter