Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

We spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Hunter is a happy teenager because he bought a new acoustic guitar AND we ate at Hard Rock Café.

Yay for a happy teen :) We used to go to Gatlinburg once every half a decade when I was younger and still living at home. I bet it HAS changed since then (not saying I'm OLD, but I am in my cinco century) :teeth:

Jesse came to Louisiana with us all and put in his application at as many places as he could in just a day's time. Ya'll keep your fingers crossed and prayers said that he gets something soon. It's not easy living apart from your spouse.
Yes, I'm keeping with the orange today because it's so "fall-like" and we are actually in the 60's this morning.....feels like fall!

Prayers for the job search. Times are tough and I hope he finds something soon and that they are re-united quickly.

On another note, I applied for the Disney Moms Panel again! I have applied every year and have never made it further than Round 2. However, I'm not going to give up! One day, Tinkerbell is going to sprinkle her pixie dust on me and I'll make it. Hopefully, this is my year.
I will say a prayer for your quest! I think you'd be great at it.....consider yourself pixie-dusted!
My boss had some tests run this week and I went with him because he didn't want his family to worry if anything came of them. It may seem a little weird that an employee is going with him but I've known him for 30+ years so it's really not.
I've been at my job for 29.5 years.....our co-workers know us as well as our family's do.....I think it's sweet he asked you to go with.
They couldn't do a lot during the surgery because the muscle has retracted so far. They were able to remove some old scar tissue and clean things out so that may help relieve some of the pain that she is having.
My old boss just had this done too, that is if it's what she had? She couldn't even put her coat on as she had lost all flexibility in that shoulder.....after the surgery (they removed scar tissue, etc) she's doing much better. I hope your sister has a similar outcome!

Let's see....what else? There has to be something else. If there is, I'm too tired to remember. LOL!
That's enough, don't you think? :rolleyes1

so glad Lucy is in Louisiana! and of course you have to have bumps along the way! it's the way of the road.. LOL just glad it wasn't anything too serious!

PIXI dust for job and the mom panel you deserve it!!

Yay! I'm so glad Lacey made it to Louisiana and I hope Jesse gets one of those jobs he applied for.

I knew you would apply for the Moms Panel! In fact you were the first one I thought of when I saw that it was opening again. Good luck, I hope you get it!

Hope both your boss and sister are doing better soon! My sister also had surgery earlier this week, though hers was to repair damage in her wrist!

That's wo sweet of you to say Steph! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is my year.

Oh dear! How is your sister's recovery going?

@ksromack - thanks for letting me know this. We will finally get to ride!

Don't you love how the Dis members share their knowledge!?!

Glad that you got all of Lacey and Jesse's stuff moved and hope that you guys will be sharing good news about Jesse's job search soon! Glad you got to have a little fun while in TN - I grew up close to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and boy has it changed! Good luck with the Mom's Panel and hope that you get it - you would be awesome at it. Hope everything turned out okay with your boss and that your sister is feeling better!

Yes, it has changed! Even since we went the first time about six years ago. Thanks for the good luck on the panel!

Yay for a happy teen :) We used to go to Gatlinburg once every half a decade when I was younger and still living at home. I bet it HAS changed since then (not saying I'm OLD, but I am in my cinco century) :teeth:

It's busy busy now but it's so pretty that it makes up for the hassle of it being so busy.

Yes, I'm keeping with the orange today because it's so "fall-like" and we are actually in the 60's this morning.....feels like fall!

Love the pre-Fall weather!

Prayers for the job search. Times are tough and I hope he finds something soon and that they are re-united quickly.

Thank you!

I will say a prayer for your quest! I think you'd be great at it.....consider yourself pixie-dusted!

I'll gladly take that helping of pixie dust!

I've been at my job for 29.5 years.....our co-workers know us as well as our family's do.....I think it's sweet he asked you to go with.

It's so nice to have a job where your co-workers are just like family.

My old boss just had this done too, that is if it's what she had? She couldn't even put her coat on as she had lost all flexibility in that shoulder.....after the surgery (they removed scar tissue, etc) she's doing much better. I hope your sister has a similar outcome!

That's enough, don't you think? :rolleyes1

Apparently, shoulder injuries are difficult to recover from.

so glad Lucy is in Louisiana! and of course you have to have bumps along the way! it's the way of the road.. LOL just glad it wasn't anything too serious!

PIXI dust for job and the mom panel you deserve it!!

I wouldn't know how to live or breath if there weren't bumps!

It was so hot that week I remember!!! The monorails a ride right?

OH and I forgot to message you! I started a TR about our DL trip. It is in my signature.

Seems you guys were in the mood to ride around on things, the train then the monorail! :rotfl:

Sometimes you just need a lazier day and this looks nice and relaxing...and if the weather was anything like it is here today then I would be looking for cool escapes too.

I felt hot just looking at those pictures! Riding the monorail is definitely requires on a day like that!

Love that you had an easy going day - I think they are the best! I have never ridden the train...it was closed our first year then we forgot it last year so this was going to be the year! But it seems that is not going to happen cause I heard it will be down for refurbishment this year too! :guilty:

Also I know you are so excited on getting Lacey moved back! Good luck!

So somehow I have missed the last 30+ pages!!!!! I have no idea why - I'm subscribed but suddenly yet again it doesn't email me when there are new posts!!

I'm going to get to catching up on all of it right now, but I just wanted to check in and say I hope you all had a wonderful time! We were there the same time as you and I kept an eye out but sadly don't think I ever saw you. We are going back the same time next year, so if you are too, maybe then!

Okay...time to get to reading!!!!

Disney Railroad at MK is closed 10/12/15 - 11/20/15. At first I thought it was going to be closed for our trip but I'm happy it won't!

I'm so happy! I was only about 12 or so pages behind, I just had to go back a bit and jog my memory as to where I left off, which was right before I left on 5/30.

We wanted to do that Pirate map adventure thing too, but sadly we never got around to it. It looked really awesome so hopefully it's there next May/June!

I loved the sleigh photo as well. We wanted one but there was one family that had maybe 4-5 kids taking every possible configuration of a photo on it so we didn't have the time to wait around (and they saw us and didn't seem like they cared to let us sneak in so we felt weird to ask). Ever since my firs trip we've bought an ornament with the year on it, and I grabbed another this year! When I get my own place, I will have an entire Disney tree - they have the cutest ornaments!

Umm.. I think i am seriously behind? WHY didn't i know there were updates here? I have my notifications ON!

Ok going back to re read i am terribly behind.

That's been happening to me too, since May!! It's crazy. I just realized I hadn't been getting updates despite having notifications on so I had to go back and read maybe 13-15 pages, but it was worth it! It's so annoying that the notification system doesn't seem to be working.

What the what... I was only 3 months behind.. Good GRIEF!

So i have read so much i don't even know where to start.
1 a camera. you need a good camera especially since your a fantastic article writer type person!!
But the pictures you have are amazing! love your epcot day too.. Pick a pearl is the best!!! we will keep this on our MUST do every trip. The boys even want to do it!
i about died laughing at the urinal picture.. seriously you are all a HOOT!
Well i think you sold me on the Italian restaurant for the 2016 trip.. Must take my Italian friends!
oh MK... The Pirate adventure sounds like a BLAST! might have to try that too!!!

Did i miss the next trip report?!?!

I believe the next trip report is still in the works because Lisa is waiting to make sure everyone OKs her using them here in her photos. That post stuck out to me because I was thinking the same thing!!

...And now I seem creepy hahaha

That's wo sweet of you to say Steph! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is my year.

Oh dear! How is your sister's recovery going?

Thanks for asking! She is doing okay. She is allergic to codeine and can't take nsaids either so her pain meds are limited to Tylenol. She's in pain because of that but otherwise she thinks it actually feels better.

Glad Lacy is back home!

I hope you get the Mom's Panel job! I'll send good vibes!

I'm glad I didn't get as far behind as I thought. :) I am finally starting my new TR now!

Thanks for asking! She is doing okay. She is allergic to codeine and can't take nsaids either so her pain meds are limited to Tylenol. She's in pain because of that but otherwise she thinks it actually feels better.

I hope that the pain subsides quickly! You know that she is one tough woman to take that pain without any pain meds.

Glad Lacy is back home!

I hope you get the Mom's Panel job! I'll send good vibes!

I'm glad I didn't get as far behind as I thought. :) I am finally starting my new TR now!

I need to get over to your report!

Good luck with your application, I hope this year is your year :goodvibes

Thank you!

The ol' one eyed monster

As I said, I guess that we were just wandering and riding for the majority of our last day. After our ride on the monorail, we were back at the Magic Kingdom.

DSCF7997 (1024x768).jpg

For those of you who have read my previous trip reports, you know that John has a thing for Roz from Monster's, Inc. He loves the tint of her skin, the beautiful mole on her face and her sweet voice! So, the natural choice for our next attraction was The Laugh Floor.

DSCF8001 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8002 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8003 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8005 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8006 (1024x768).jpg

And the ol' one eyed monster himself! Mike!

DSCF8007 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8008 (1024x768).jpg

As is always the case, the show was hilarious! The technology that Walt Disney World uses to incorporate the audience and their jokes into the show is fantastic! Love it and always will!

**Continued in next post

Continued from previous post.

John had seen his favorite monster and it was time for Hunter and I to see one of our favorites:

DSCF8009 (1024x768).jpg

Now I know that a lot of people don't like Stitch. Some can't stand him. John tolerates him. It's not like he despises him but he just doesn't care for him. Hunter and I? We like him...a lot. A lot a lot. John decided to sit this one out and made a call to Mama to check in with her while we were bounced and burped on by the little blue alien. Once we were done, it was nearing time for our dinner ADR. It's our tradition for our last meal of the trip to be had at The Crystal Palace. I was a little surprised that our wait was just a few minutes as The Crystal Palace is really popular and we usually have to wait a while before being paged. Soon, we were at our table and sampling the delicious foods on the buffet. And, best of all, being visited by the characters!

DSCF8010 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8011 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8016 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8017 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8018 (1024x768).jpg

Gosh, Hunter looks so young in these pictures! Want to see some food pictures? Some are a little bit blurry....I was probably trying to take them before they were tucked into.

DSCF8012 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8013 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8014 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8015 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

DSCF8019 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8020 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8024 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8025 (1024x768).jpg

Our waitress brought out a birthday cupcake for Hunter and had the guests around us sing Happy Birthday to him while he blew out the candle.

DSCF8026 (1024x768).jpg

He also received an autographed birthday card.

DSCF8027 (1024x768).jpg

I love how Disney goes out of its way to help their guests celebrate their special occasions!

**Up next: What in tarnation is on my back?!?!

I can't believe your trip is coming to an end! I love the thought of ending with Crystal Palace though!

your photo's aren't showing up. :( back to read and imagine the imagery. edited to add that my sad face isn't showing either so must be a DIS board issue.

your photo's aren't showing up. :( back to read and imagine the imagery. edited to add that my sad face isn't showing either so must be a DIS board issue.

That's soooo odd! I had someone else tell me the same thing but then others have said that they can see them. WEIRD!

I was an update or two behind. I'm not a slush drinker (well, except for the one at Epcot with alcohol), but those look really refreshing on a hot day.

I was :rotfl: that you went for a ride on the monorail just to escape the heat and ended up back at the MK.

Glad you got a few attractions in.

Your last meal with such great characters.

I don't find it odd you went with your boss. I've accompanied mine a few time to the doctors' myself.

Great update, did they change the Laugh Floor show to add the Monster's University stuff?

Looks like a great dinner. I originally had an ADR there for our trip last year but I cancelled it when I got one for Ohana. So it's still on my "want to try" list.

BTW: I can see your pics fine

We have never been to Stitch's Great Escape but we have it on the list to try - last year was our first visit to Laugh Floor and we loved it so much we went back two more times during our trip! Love how you end your trip with CP! We love this place too. Those are some great pictures of you guys at CP and in the first pic it is amazing how much Hunter looks like John!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter