• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

So I just spent the last week reading your trip report and getting my Disney fix (even though we leave in 39 days for a Disney cruise, I am missing WDW!). Thanks for writing such a great report! You and your family are too cute and silly and I love your laid back touring style! Can't wait for more!

First of all, :cool1: to Lacey getting a job and moving closer to you in just a few weeks. I hope Jesse gets a job very soon too!

I too always say I will get an ornament at WDW, but never have. They are just so expensive! I'm sure I will one day though. Love the pictures of all of you in the (hot!) sled. :goodvibes

LOL at the picture of John "smooching" you, if that's what he can call it!

We don't have any Disney ornaments, but I think I need to remedy that this year. I have my eye on a Haunted Mansion themed one.

Thanks for braving the hot seat so we could all enjoy the pictures!

Congrats to Lacey on getting her job! Will pray that Jesse gets one soon as well.
Those sled pictures are too funny - I didnt think about the seat being hot, I thought
John and Hunter were pretending that their team of reindeer or horses weren't cooperating. :)

Congrats to Lacey!

Love your sled pictures.

We have a ton of Disney ornaments. My mom got Disney transportation ones last year.

All caught up and so glad I joined in on this TR. Now I'll have to head into the Christmas store in MK to smell that apple cinnamon smell when I'm there in 9 days! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Morning Lisa! Very exciting about Lacey's new job! :yay:

We will have a day in WDW next fall and we hope to be able to score a Mine Train FP.

Love the Winnie the Pooh ride and LOL at the burned buns! :)

Don't you just love the visual that just popped in your head? Want me to help you get it out? How about this? It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all! It's a small small world!

NOO!!! Give me back the visual!

Did you know that Disney actually pipes in scents to different areas of the parks?

::yes::

Notice the grimaces on their faces? Yeah, well, that's because the black seat sucked up all that Florida sunshine and their buns were burning!

D'oh! Well, that's a lesson learned, for sure.:rotfl2:

One of the things that I like about longer trips is the fact that we can see some of the attractions that have such long lines but don't really want to use a FP+ for if it were a shorter trip.

Makes sense to me. I just wish I had the time/$$$ to stay longer!:rotfl:

It's funny how some people like one type of souvenir and others like something different. I don't think I've ever been to Disney where I didn't come home with several ornaments. That's my go to. Oh and I love your LSU shirt. Geaux Tigers!

Yay for Lacey getting the job. What a blessing that will be to your mama heart. I guess John is pretty thrilled too. I'm pretty sure Jesse will tag along with her even if he doesn't have a job. ;) Looks like this trip is just about over.

So happy that Lacey got a job and is moving back. Hope Jesse will get one soon. I miss not having all the kids home for a dinner more then just on holidays.

What a nice start to your day at MK. How cool that you had both Space Mountain and Peter Pan for Fast Passes! A couple of my favorites.

I'm going to agree with you! That sure looks like a hidden Mickey to me. Good one.

Pecos Bill is one of our go-to restaurants at MK, but lately we have only had time for Columbia Harbor House. You guys looked like you made the most of your meals.

:thumbsup2

yay for Lacey! It will be so nice to have her close. Hopefully Jesse can find a job near by soon and make the move as well.

I always forget to buy Disney ornaments..I look and hate the price and say later and 95% of time I don't buy any.

I am so glad you told me when the 3 o'clock parade is. I wasn't sure and about to ask!!!!

OH, such good news about Lacey and Jesse! I hope Jesse can find a job quickly so he can join Lacey.

And we leave 1 week from today! I can't wait!

I've been following your travels on Facebook and it looks like ya'll are having a great time despite the stinky monorail.

Congrats to Lacey...so happy for all of you.

We are over the moon excited!

I love going into the Christmas store for those smells...just lovely. Unfortunately, I have been BANNED from the Christmas store this year. With the move, and no longer having a 9 foot tree, I am not allowed to buy any more ornaments. :(

I had to laugh at John in the sled, and Hunter too.

I'd say John missed that smooch by quite a bit.

I LOVE Pooh bear.

Yeah, those three sleeves of ornaments set me back a good bit. They are so expensive!

So I just spent the last week reading your trip report and getting my Disney fix (even though we leave in 39 days for a Disney cruise, I am missing WDW!). Thanks for writing such a great report! You and your family are too cute and silly and I love your laid back touring style! Can't wait for more!

So glad that you are enjoying the report! I'm so behind on my posts! Hoping to get more updated today.
First of all, :cool1: to Lacey getting a job and moving closer to you in just a few weeks. I hope Jesse gets a job very soon too!

I too always say I will get an ornament at WDW, but never have. They are just so expensive! I'm sure I will one day though. Love the pictures of all of you in the (hot!) sled. :goodvibes

He has his application in at a couple of places and is waiting to hear back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets something sooner rather than later.

Yeah, the sled was hot as heck!

LOL at the picture of John "smooching" you, if that's what he can call it!

We don't have any Disney ornaments, but I think I need to remedy that this year. I have my eye on a Haunted Mansion themed one.

Thanks for braving the hot seat so we could all enjoy the pictures!

Poor John was off on the mark on his smooch.

Congrats to Lacey on getting her job! Will pray that Jesse gets one soon as well.
Those sled pictures are too funny - I didnt think about the seat being hot, I thought
John and Hunter were pretending that their team of reindeer or horses weren't cooperating. :)

Thank you! Prayers are great appreciated!

They didn't think about it being hot either until one of 'em sat down and ouchy!

Congrats to Lacey!

Love your sled pictures.

We have a ton of Disney ornaments. My mom got Disney transportation ones last year.

Lucky Mom! I'd love to have a lot of the ornaments but they are expensive.

All caught up and so glad I joined in on this TR. Now I'll have to head into the Christmas store in MK to smell that apple cinnamon smell when I'm there in 9 days! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

I'm so glad that you are here too! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Morning Lisa! Very exciting about Lacey's new job! :yay:

We will have a day in WDW next fall and we hope to be able to score a Mine Train FP.

Love the Winnie the Pooh ride and LOL at the burned buns! :)

The Mine Train is fun! I loved it!

NOO!!! Give me back the visual!

::yes::

I somehow knew that you'd rather have the chicken with the head cut off as opposed to It's a Small World.

D'oh! Well, that's a lesson learned, for sure.:rotfl2:

Makes sense to me. I just wish I had the time/$$$ to stay longer!:rotfl:

Thank goodness for ebay and sewing project sales!

It's funny how some people like one type of souvenir and others like something different. I don't think I've ever been to Disney where I didn't come home with several ornaments. That's my go to. Oh and I love your LSU shirt. Geaux Tigers!

I'd love to have a whole tree of authentic Christmas ornaments. For the time being, I have to make do with the ones that I bought and the ones that I made.

Yay for Lacey getting the job. What a blessing that will be to your mama heart. I guess John is pretty thrilled too. I'm pretty sure Jesse will tag along with her even if he doesn't have a job. ;) Looks like this trip is just about over.

Yes m'am! I can hardly wait to have her back in Louisiana.

So happy that Lacey got a job and is moving back. Hope Jesse will get one soon. I miss not having all the kids home for a dinner more then just on holidays.

Jesse is actively looking now and we are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets something sooner rather than later.

What a nice start to your day at MK. How cool that you had both Space Mountain and Peter Pan for Fast Passes! A couple of my favorites.

I'm going to agree with you! That sure looks like a hidden Mickey to me. Good one.

Pecos Bill is one of our go-to restaurants at MK, but lately we have only had time for Columbia Harbor House. You guys looked like you made the most of your meals.

:thumbsup2

I thought that it looked like a hidden Mickey too.

I am so glad that you are feeling better after your illness while on vacation.

yay for Lacey! It will be so nice to have her close. Hopefully Jesse can find a job near by soon and make the move as well.

I always forget to buy Disney ornaments..I look and hate the price and say later and 95% of time I don't buy any.

I am so glad you told me when the 3 o'clock parade is. I wasn't sure and about to ask!!!!

That's so me! I look at them and say that I'll go back adn get them but never do.

Oh and you are welcome for the tip on the parade time. :)

Awesome news about Lacey's job!:thumbsup2

I know! I am so happy!

I haven't been on the DIS for several weeks and there doesn't seem to be much activity on this thread lately. Has a new thread been started? I don't know how to search for other posts by you any more.

I haven't been on the DIS for several weeks and there doesn't seem to be much activity on this thread lately. Has a new thread been started? I don't know how to search for other posts by you any more.

With getting Lacey semi-moved (we are going to Tennessee this weekend to get the rest of their things) and working on projects, I haven't had a spare moment.

Brain freeze!?! I don't care, we can't throw it away!

The more that I look at our pictures, the more that I know that we had absolutely no set plans for our last day other than our Fastpasses and dinner reservations. Looks like we were just wandering around doing whatever looked good at the moment. We left The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and walked towards Storybook Circus (formerly known as Mickeystoontown Fair). This is an old picture of me pouting because they were boarding everything up.

I know that change is good and I do like the theming of Storybook Circus but I miss my namesake.

The temperature was quickly rising and we had quite a few snack creits left on the dining plan so we popped into the big tent to see what kind of drinks they were serving that would cool us down. There were all sorts of goodies to choose from:

DSCF7978 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7979 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7980 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7981 (1024x768).jpg DSCF7981 (1024x768).jpg

But none of us were in the mood to snack. We just needed something to quinch our thirsts. John and I chose the two flavored slush:

DSCF7984 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7985 (768x1024).jpg

And Hunter chose the single flavor slush:

DSCF7986 (768x1024).jpg

They were so good and were just what we were looking for. We sat outside on the ledge and people watched while sipping on our drinks. We also talked about what we wanted to do next. Hum? What to do? What to do? We were about 3/4 of the way done with the slushes when we heard the train whistle blow. That's what we could do! We had been at Walt Disney World for two weeks and we hadn't taken a single train ride. I couldn't remember is we were allowed to take our drinks on the train so we were sucking those babies down as quick as we could. Which, of course, led to brain freeze! Brain freeze, brain smeeze, we weren't throwing them away!

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF7982 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7982 (1024x768).jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF7983 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7983 (1024x768).jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 8
When we got to the train station, we talked to a couple of cast members who said that wouldn't have told us to toss the slushes. :rolleyes2 I made a mental note for next time. The train station started filling up so we went on in and waited for the train:

DSCF7987 (768x1024).jpg

I am going to refrain from commenting on the fit of the cast member's costume.

DSCF7988 (1024x768).jpg

When the train stopped, it was packed! Even though we were towards the front of the line, if a lot of folks didn't get off, we weren't going to take a train ride until it came back around and maybe not even then. Thankfully, the majority of the people got off and we had plenty of room. As a matter of fact, a whole car full of room.

DSCF7989 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7990 (768x1024).jpg

But it didn't take long for it to fill up. Judging by my pictures, or lack thereof, I didn't take any until we got to Frontierland. But, wait, I forgot something. When we pulled into the train station at the front of the park, we could see the new 3:00 p.m. parade (it was new then) on Main Street and we almost got off but the wave of people trying to get on the train made us change our minds.

Okay, so now I can show you the pictures that I took of Big Thunder Mountain from the train:

DSCF7991 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7992 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7993 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

I have absolutely no idea why we chose to ride around the entire park and then leave. We left the Magic Kingdom. Left. Vamoosed. Walked out. Huh? Looks like we wanted to take a ride on the monorail. How freakin' random is that? No destination in mind, just ride the monorail? Yep, that's what we did. From the look on Hunter's face, maybe we were trying to escape the heat.

DSCF7994 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7995 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7996 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: The ol' one eyed monster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter