Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan (I've never seen it! :eek:) but I think this might be a good move. It will be nice to freshen up DHS which is always a half-day park for me.

I plan to cross ToT off my bucket list next trip. I've gotten so close then walked out right before to the chicken elevator!

I am not a fan either, but they definitely need something more for the boys with all the princess stuff, etc. DHS barebly makes a half day for us too.

You best TOT off your list. If Lisa can do it, so can you. :)

I agree with both of you. Not a Star Wars fan but it will be nice to see something different added to the park. We usually spend an entire day at Hollywood Studios and with the tier system on the FP+, we went back for a second day this past trip so that we could take advantage of the additional FP.

Awww how sad that you missed Hunter being chosen for the show! He looks like he really did a great job! :thumbsup2 And he definitely looks like he enjoyed it!

You had great pixie dust with the quick buses! Hope the rest of your day is uneventful!

Oh yeah, he enjoyed it all right and I heard allllll about it.

It looked like hunter had lots of fun!! how cool is that?

It was really cool that he got chosen. He's wanted to get chosen for years but you are supposed to be a certain age so he was never able to do it.

OH NO!!!!!! I seriously can't believe you missed Hunter in the IJ show. That is such a bummer. But at least John got good pictures of him. I always wondered if they were real extras of people plants in the audience. Very cool! I'm so glad Hunter's exuberant animal noises earned him a roll in the show. Seriously COOL!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I knew that John and I were great parents when we were teaching him to make all those weird animal noises. We know what lessons will get him somewhere in life. :lmao:

Oh I hate that you missed Hunter being an extra. We have never got to see the Indiana Jones show. We don't get much done at HS we are just not very good at getting around that park. I've gotten behind on your report. A couple of your post aren't showing up on my I Pad so I'm going to have to sit at the computer and go through your post. I need to take notes on getting around Hollywood Studios.

It took us a while to learn to get around Hollywood Studios. It's not laid out like the typical park so it's very easy to miss out on an attraction.

Finally got myself caught up....and I can't even remember half the things I wanted to comment on.
I loved that you people watched at the MK. My mom and I did a lot of that this trip and it was very entertaining. Occassionally we would make us stories about them too.

I love love love to people watch! Ya'll sound like us. We'd do the same thing with the story telling.

How cool for Hunter to have been chosen. I am hoping it stays for a little longer too as we have not yet been there for years. I don't think Claire has ever seen it. We tried in March but it was full each time we went by.

The show does fill up rather quickly it seems. We have been at the very top of the theater several times because it was so full.

I was chosen to participate in Indiana Jones 2 years ago and boy did my kids think that was awesome! can't wait for the day they are old enough to be chosen.

It's so neat to see so many Disers have been chosen to participate!

Omg omg omg!!!! That's awesome that Hunter was in the stunt show! Sorry you didn't get to see it. The photos were great, though!

I know! Hunter was so excited to tell me about it.

WOOOOHOOOO! Hunter got picked!! :cool1:
I've never seen that show, I wonder if it will still be there when we go back? :confused3
And great bus pixie dust, can't beat that! :)

I was a little surprised that John remembered to take pictures. I am sure that his parent mode kicked in and that's why he took them. ;)

Hello my Dis Friends! Sorry that it took me so long to get replies posted. We had some really really bad weather blow (literally) through our area yesterday. Lots of storm damage....tore part of the roof off several wings of our high school, knocked down an entire street of poles and power lines, downed trees, etc. My sister in law's Jeep had the back window busted out and the passenger side window is shattered. Many store fronts were knocked out and there is rain damage. Thank the Lord there were no injuries!

It took me quite a while to make the 8 mile drive home yesterday because of the lack of red lights, electricity and debris in the roadways that were still open. Scary stuff!

I made it to work today but my boss didn't because he has no electricity and can't even get out of his driveway and neighborhood because of utility trucks and clean up crews. Sooooo, you know what that means! Update is coming!

In the meantime, I wanted to share pictures of three backsacks that I made (still have to put the string in them). Sorry for the quality of the pictures. The colors are much more vivid than they are showing up:

I will be making more and selling them (and these) to help contribute to our Disney fund. These are $12.00 each plus shipping. Lots more backsack pictures will be coming as I've been in a sewing-the-heck-outta-the-sewing-machine mood. :rotfl:

Also, I have some of my display dresses that I am selling cheap so that I can make more for an upcoming show. They are all brand new/never been worn. These are all just $15 a piece plus shipping. If you want one of them, or a backsack, just let me know and I'll pull it for you. Again, sorry for the quality of the pictures and for the wrinkles since the dresses have been in my "show box".

Pink with green polka dots dress size 6:

Black with pink animal print border size 6:

Red plaid holiday dress size 6:

Black with orange animal print dress (perfect for Halloween) size 6:

Brown with colorful circle border dress size 7:

Turquoise and navy plaid dress size 8:

Flower garden party dress size 7:

I am all caught up! I can't believe that Hunter made it down on the stage and you missed it!!:sad: I am glad that John took a lot of photos though!!

I love the Donald Duck backsack... I just might have to get one of those for Ethan!! ;)

Phew...all caught up! So, as a Star Wars geek I MUST point out that Harrison Ford is NOT "in one of the movies" he is in the first THREE...as a main character!! Get it right, Lisa!!! SW fans are offended at your ignorance! :headache: All said in fun, since I know you were just having fun with your lack of SW knowledge! :rotfl2:

Hunter got ot be in the Indiana Jones Show!!! :cool1: I did too, when we went in 2012!

DSCN2390.jpg

I would be willing to bet HE didn't stand up hootin' and hollerin' and making a big fool of himself to get picked...not that I know of anyone who DID do all that just to be on the stage in front of total strangers. :rolleyes1

Love your cute backsack and dresses! :goodvibes

Oops, i didn't get that update posted yesterday did I? :rolleyes2 Just a little while after I posted, the power went off at work. Lots of places around here are without power still and, even though we had power throughout the storm (which they have now confirmed was a tornado) itself, it went out yesterday when the sun was shining brightly. We figured it was because they are working all around us and on the transformers. Anyway, I hope to get that update posted today.

Adorable backsacks and dresses, Lisa.

Thanks Kathy!

I am all caught up! I can't believe that Hunter made it down on the stage and you missed it!!:sad: I am glad that John took a lot of photos though!!

I love the Donald Duck backsack... I just might have to get one of those for Ethan!! ;)

I was a little surprised that John took the pictures because he normally wouldn't have even thought about it.

If you want a Donald Duck backsack, just let me know.

OVERLOAD of cuteness!!! love everything your making!

Thank you! I have been in a sewing mood lately.

Phew...all caught up! So, as a Star Wars geek I MUST point out that Harrison Ford is NOT "in one of the movies" he is in the first THREE...as a main character!! Get it right, Lisa!!! SW fans are offended at your ignorance! :headache: All said in fun, since I know you were just having fun with your lack of SW knowledge! :rotfl2:

Hunter got ot be in the Indiana Jones Show!!! :cool1: I did too, when we went in 2012!

DSCN2390.jpg

I would be willing to bet HE didn't stand up hootin' and hollerin' and making a big fool of himself to get picked...not that I know of anyone who DID do all that just to be on the stage in front of total strangers. :rolleyes1

Love your cute backsack and dresses! :goodvibes

Love the pictures in your Indiana Jones garb! Oh noooooo, I would never raise a kid to do something such as that or have a Dis friend who does those sort of things. :rotfl2:

They once were lost but now they're found!

Before I move on to the next update, I wanted to post the pictures that I thought were lost but now they're found! Actually, they weren't really lost but rather hanging out amongst some other pictures and were out of order. :p

Anyway, here are pictures that Hunter took on the Backlot Tour:

You know, when you've gone on the Backlot Tour more times than you can count, you appreciate the fact that they at least try to change things up. Things like puttin' eyeballs on the planes like one of the planes in the movie Planes. Gee did I say planes enough times? No? Planes! Planes! Planes! Okay, now that's enough. Actually no it's not. Did any of you ever see the movie Planes? I have it DVR'd but haven't watched it. Was it any good?

Poor old Herbie:

He's stuck out there with whatever this thing is:

Hunter was sitting on the opposite side of the tram and catastrophe canyon so his pictures had other people's heads in 'em:

Oh look, there's another plane:

Driving by some of the Lights Motor Action stunt show props:

I have no clue what I'm doing in this picture but I look like I was saying "I'm going to hold my breath until I get my way which I hope is really really soon because I am about to pass out and I don't wanna pass out in this heat!"

The tram was making a sharp turn:

The cool backdrop painting:

**Continued in next post

Good pictures! I noticed the eyes from planes too when we rode it a few days earlier than you and thought it was cute! :goodvibes

I love the pictures with the tram and the backdrop!!!
Planes, I like the eyes on the planes, think it's kinda cute, I didn't think i would like the movie planes but i did!

Did i meet the quota of typing planes?!?

:rotfl2:

Holding your breath? you were in suspense! i can see it building!!!

I have no idea why poor Herbie is with a asphalt roller?!?! :confused3

unless it was paving the run way for a PLANE!

Caught up! So cool that Hunter got to be a part of Indiana Jones! That's awesome! And I'm so, so sorry that you missed it! Glad John was there to man the camera.

I've seen Planes...it gets a solid "meh" from me.

But thanks for the Backlot Tour photos. I'm curious to see what's coming next!

Good pictures! I noticed the eyes from planes too when we rode it a few days earlier than you and thought it was cute! :goodvibes

At least they tried to keep the tour current. :thumbsup2

I love the pictures with the tram and the backdrop!!!
Planes, I like the eyes on the planes, think it's kinda cute, I didn't think i would like the movie planes but i did!

Did i meet the quota of typing planes?!?

:rotfl2:

Holding your breath? you were in suspense! i can see it building!!!

I have no idea why poor Herbie is with a asphalt roller?!?! :confused3

unless it was paving the run way for a PLANE!

Did you say Planes? :rotfl:

That would be the steamroller from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

Thank you! I couldn't remember what movie that was from. :p

Caught up! So cool that Hunter got to be a part of Indiana Jones! That's awesome! And I'm so, so sorry that you missed it! Glad John was there to man the camera.

I've seen Planes...it gets a solid "meh" from me.

But thanks for the Backlot Tour photos. I'm curious to see what's coming next!

I was just over on your report yesterday to make sure that you hadn't updated and I missed it.

John saved the day! Or at least himself from getting asked a million times why he didn't take pictures. ;)

I love that they added eyes to the planes!

I heard so many horrible reviews on Planes, but my kids really liked it (Ethan LOVED it!!). I thought it was okay, not as good as the first Cars, but that is a favorite of mine anyway.

I really do enjoy the Backlot tour photos. For some reason, we have NEVER been on it. There are always other headliners that end up taking up our whole day when we are at HS. Guess I will never get to go on it at all now. :sad1:

At least I can say I have been on the awesomeness that is Maelstrom... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter