• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Oooh the new buses look neat!

I love the new FP+ and Magic Bands. I used it for the first time back in January and didn't have one problem! It was so much easier than having to run for a paper fast pass. That's just my opinion though. I know it's a hot topic on the theme parks board.

I loved the new FP system and the magic bands. I sure hope that they work as well for our next trip.

I've only see the mock up, ne they had on display for doors open and in the beaches easter parade but it's not long now until they start rolling on the streets.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11288498@N02/sets/72157629702679017/

http://youtu.be/4IILIsrgjGE?list=UUQIh6dhqk2T7NmX8HlSi7rg

Just in case people are wondering they are 98 feet long.

Wooooah that's long!

I totally know what ya mean... I don't take buses here... When the slinky buses started there were several accidents involving them... :rolleyes2

The people who use our bus system are not the kind of people I'd like to be around and that's horrible because the buses run to almost all of the places that I go.

I've gotten so far behind again. With the kids starting school I have been neglecting my DIS time.

Was that one of the stretch buses y'all got. We keep seeing those and was hoping we would get to ride one but we never did. I love Pirates of the Caribbean it's very high on my list of favorite rides. And they are suppose to be coming out with a new movie. I can't wait.

Can't wait to see how the rest of y'all's day goes.

I always seem to be behind. Yep, that was one of the stretch buses. They were so cool to ride on. I think that they are doing another Pirates movie! :cool1: I love them all!

I find it interesting how different public transit is in the US than here in toronto, yeah every now and then you have a odd person on a streetcar, subway train or bus that has a conversation with their muffin or talks to them self. However in the US it seems to be a completely different type of person that uses public transit ss you find poell in all kinds of different job, etc. Our last mayor before Rob Ford even used to use the subway to get around he wa sometime spotted holding those giant checks from a presentation for something every now and then.

It's the total opposite here! I'd be afraid to even get on one of our public buses. I'm not exaggerating!

Haha - made me laugh !
I was looking for slinky the dog until I realised what you meant :lmao:

Slinky dog? Slinky bus? You were close! :p

My first guess was the Slinky Dog at TSMM, but I didn't know what your plan for the day was.
cool looking buses - I hope it makes them run more smoothly and they will have less waiting at the park at the end of the night with more capacity.

We rode another slinky bus later in the trip at the end of the day and it held a lot more people which was a big plus. No squeezing in until you couldn't breathe.

Not a lot of people use public transit buses here - some do for commuting, and now we have light rail that runs in certain areas. Good if you commute from the suburbs to the downtowns (I say "downtowns" because we have two - Minneapolis and St. Paul). I don't work in the city, so I drive. A lot. Good thing I love my car!

I guess I should be really thankful that I live less than ten miles from work and it's pretty easy to get to. The city bus system here goes to many places that I frequent but the people riding it are scary.

Anyway - always fun to ride POTC - dark pictures or not! I don't even try. I've heard the same thing about the standby times - longer for many rides that never had them before. But that is part of the system that spreads people around the parks. I think that was one of the goals of FP+.

I think that the POTC wait time was 20 minutes which isn't that long just longer than we normally see.

ok, turn about is fair play! All week this stupid song has haunted me ....

"What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs
and makes a slinkity sound?
A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing!
Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky,
It's fun, it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's fun,
It's a wonderful toy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy. "

:lmao:

Yes i'm, a dork and had to google the actual lyrics. I know based on the fact that you're also celebrating your 30th this year that we're about the same age and you must remember the hideous clothes those poor kids wore in the commercials!!

I was singing the song when I wrote the chapter and I'm singing it again now. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Jacqueline!

::yes::

Loving the TR so far! I have read several of your previous TRs and your family always looks like they're having such a great time!! And Hunter looks so grown up now!! :)

Can't wait to read more!!

I'm working my way through the chapters and got to your check-in. I had to stop and comment--we totally agree that there is a Disney resort "smell"! I've never been able to place it. But my wife and I were shocked last year when we walked into Aulani and felt the familiar Disney magic upon entering. We agreed that it had the "Disney smell"! :rotfl:

I'm glad you got to ride in the new double bus! They are pretty cool.

I like FP+ too though I so certainly see how it is increasing standby times some.

Enjoyed the Slinky Song-Thanks Jacqueline!

Glad to hear you had a good meal at the Coral Reef. I’ve heard a lot of bad reviews for this restaurant.

I’ve never ridden a slinky bus. We drove to the parks last time we were at WDW since we were off-site :eek:. Next time, we may be on-site again so we can check out the slinky buses!

:wave2: Hi Lisa!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm always woefully behind when I stumble over your TR's...but I'll do my best to try and catch up!

I'm working my way through the chapters and got to your check-in. I had to stop and comment--we totally agree that there is a Disney resort "smell"! I've never been able to place it. But my wife and I were shocked last year when we walked into Aulani and felt the familiar Disney magic upon entering. We agreed that it had the "Disney smell"! :rotfl:

Hey Mark! Good to "see" you here!

Isn't it strange/odd/weird/obviously Dis "normal" how Disney resorts have that certain smell that draws us in? I'm always searching for anything that smells like the scent used in the CBR lobby.

Loving the TR so far! I have read several of your previous TRs and your family always looks like they're having such a great time!! And Hunter looks so grown up now!! :)

Can't wait to read more!!

Thank you! We do have lots of fun on vacation together. Hunter has grown so much since I first starting writing my trip reports. He's taller than me by a long ways.

I'm glad you got to ride in the new double bus! They are pretty cool.

I like FP+ too though I so certainly see how it is increasing standby times some.

The buses were neat! The standby time for POTC was 20 minutes which wasn't bad but still longer than we normally see.

Enjoyed the Slinky Song-Thanks Jacqueline!

Glad to hear you had a good meal at the Coral Reef. I’ve heard a lot of bad reviews for this restaurant.

I’ve never ridden a slinky bus. We drove to the parks last time we were at WDW since we were off-site :eek:. Next time, we may be on-site again so we can check out the slinky buses!

Coral Reef has always gotten mixed reviews but we enjoy it every time, thank goodness.

The slinky buses were really neat to ride in/on. We were seated in such a way that we could watch the middle as it turned. Very cool!

Good morning everybody! I'm sooooo very sorry that I haven't updated sooner. What can I say? One word: Life. Oh heck, ya'll know that I can't just say it in one word. :rotfl:

The 10th was our 30th wedding anniversary and we didn't do anything special or go out of town like we usually do because John wasn't feeling well. :furious:

My boss had a three day custody trial last week that was drama filled and didn't conclude on day three like we had thought it would. Then, he got really really sick and was out for two days which meant that I had to get somebody to fill in for him in court and rearrange his schedule that was filled with make-up appointments and work. :crazy2:

On Monday, I had to pick John up from work because he had facial twitches. :scared:

Monday also happened to be Hunter's first full day at school. :teacher:

Mama had to return to the doctor for another adjustment for the dizziness. :faint:

I've been canning fruits and vegetables like a gosh darn mad woman. :hyper:

AND, I've been working on some sewing projects. ::yes::

Yeah, LIFE has kept me from posting more. :upsidedow

But, I've declared (and we all know if we declare it, it will happen) that I will get at least two updates posted before the end of the week. I pinky promise it!

Oh and I'm not fussing about my crazy hectic life. I wouldn't have it any other way. Okay, so I'd toss out the facial twitches, doctor's visits and sick boss but you know what I mean. :rotfl: But we'll be eating wonderfully in the Winter months and my sewing projects help fund our Disney habit.

Happy Anniversary! :cheer2:pixie dust:

I understand everyones life gets hectic at times it wouldn't be any fun otherwise.

Happy belated anniversary! Sorry you've had so many not-fun things going on lately. Yay for the canning though! Your pictures on Facebook have made me quite hungry.

Don't worry about not updating, I completely understand life getting in the way :lmao:

Oops, it looks like I may have missed a couple of replies! I certainly didn't mean to! Forgive me? Pretty please? Pretty pretty pretty please?:flower3:

Happy belated anniversary! Sorry you've had so many not-fun things going on lately. Yay for the canning though! Your pictures on Facebook have made me quite hungry.

Don't worry about not updating, I completely understand life getting in the way :lmao:

Thanks Stephanie! I've been a busy beaver on the canning and freezing front.

I hope to get those two updates posted ASAP! Just got to convince the boss to stop giving me work to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter